Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    Logs look better than the dyno's AFR trace. With cats in the midpipes the dyno's sniffer will read a little leaner than actual.

AFRs look pretty good but the fact most of the power is being fueled through meth still makes me nervous.
    Agreed but can't really blame VM for that. We need your PI asap Click here to enlarge
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    Agreed but can't really blame VM for that. We need your PI asap Click here to enlarge
    Definitely no blame intended. Gotta do what you gotta do to get some numbers lol
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Any plans to do any 4th gear pulls? Most MT dynos are done in 4th and that will make it easier to do apples to apples comparisons.
    I was behind the wheel for the runs. They were in 4th gear as the log shows. He had a pail of MS109 ready to go until we all realized the WG springs were holding it back. The weather wasn't doing us any favors either. Hopefully it cools down soon and he gets a few little tweaks done to let us crank it up. Once boost is sorted I think we can pickup a few HP more on the timing front too.

We were watching for bank to bank AFR variances and none came up. The plan is as he goes up in power we'll use race gas instead of E85 to reduce the demand on the fuel system and get more of the fuel coming via the injectors and less of it via the meth system.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 07-27-2014 at 12:19 PM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Going by the RPMs in the csv file it looked like 5th gear. That's pretty good for 4th gear.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Going by the RPMs in the csv file it looked like 5th gear. That's pretty good for 4th gear.
    The CSV file also has "gear" in it. Click here to enlarge But to determine gear you'd need wheel speed. I'd be curious to see a 5th gear pull on this setup also. Next time.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    The CSV file also has "gear" in it. Click here to enlarge But to determine gear you'd need wheel speed. I'd be curious to see a 5th gear pull on this setup also. Next time.
    I was using the RPM trace and assumed the initial RPM spike was 1st gear and then a shift. I guess it was slipping the clutch to take off.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    Looks like you're running pretty lean in that dyno. 13:1? Is that reading correct?
    Logs look better than the dyno's AFR trace. With cats in the midpipes the dyno's sniffer will read a little leaner than actual.

AFRs look pretty good but the fact most of the power is being fueled through meth still makes me nervous.

You need to go by AFR in the logs. The tail pipe sniffer is not going to read 100% because I have external wastegates that are not recirculated into the downpipe.

I am not a fan of meth myself especially for fueling, this is the first meth setup I have owned on any of my cars. I would rather have a full working solution for fueling instead of this. For now if you want power this is the way you have to go.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Looks good man. The high boost results should be interesting. For what its worth, when dyoing stage 3, we did back to back 4th and 5th gear pulls and the results were not even 1WHP difference, but when dynoing on stockframes you can pick up some. We always do all our dyno tuning in 4th and do 1 5th gear run at the end for fun. If this is a top mount isn't the spring very easy to swap out, git r done..Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Looks good man. The high boost results should be interesting. For what its worth, when dyoing stage 3, we did back to back 4th and 5th gear pulls and the results were not even 1WHP difference, but when dynoing on stockframes you can pick up some. We always do all our dyno tuning in 4th and do 1 5th gear run at the end for fun. If this is a top mount isn't the spring very easy to swap out, git r done..Click here to enlarge
    Thanks Tony, we are looking forward to the higher boost numbers as well. The first dyno we did was pretty much where we left off on the last run. 23 psi except we were able to run it to redline this time Click here to enlarge. Made 627whp on map 7 on the first run, after 25+ psi was when it didn't like to hold boost.

Yea, just been busy this weekend. Later this week I'll have to pop off the downpipe and the turbo compressor housing to get to both wastegates. Shouldn't take more than an hour to do it all. 30+Psi is definitely when things get interesting.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Nice! How have your 02 sensors been holding up and how many miles have they lasted thus far?
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I was behind the wheel for the runs. They were in 4th gear as the log shows. He had a pail of MS109 ready to go until we all realized the WG springs were holding it back. The weather wasn't doing us any favors either. Hopefully it cools down soon and he gets a few little tweaks done to let us crank it up. Once boost is sorted I think we can pickup a few HP more on the timing front too.

We were watching for bank to bank AFR variances and none came up. The plan is as he goes up in power we'll use race gas instead of E85 to reduce the demand on the fuel system and get more of the fuel coming via the injectors and less of it via the meth system.
    Since you were on the same dyno, I would love to see this dyno overlaid with that of your PT5862.
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    Nice! How have your 02 sensors been holding up and how many miles have they lasted thus far?
    Since you were on the same dyno, I would love to see this dyno overlaid with that of your PT5862.
    All o2 sensors are perfectly fine to be honest. Never had any problems with them at all. My car is my daily and I drive a lot, a lot lol. Since April when I got the kit on till now I have driven 7k miles. Never had any problems at all, besides having to swap tires and rims Click here to enlarge.

I too would actually like to see the 5862 layed over our graph. Spool looks very close, and same psi making about 100whp more. @Terry@BMS if you can do that.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Sure thing. He's making a lot more power. The 135i would still smoke him though. Click here to enlarge
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Sure thing. He's making a lot more power. The 135i would still smoke him though. Click here to enlarge
    Thanks. Wow, that has the same spool but much more power.

I wonder how much this has to do with the turbo vs. the manifolds.
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Very impressive, both RE: the mileage you've put on it apparently without issue in a few months, and the spool you are seeing. That's some healthy ass torque down low for a single.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Prove it!

Haha but seriously... lets get some videos!
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

I will at No Fly Zone in October. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Awesome results! Next time I'm in town were definitely going for a ride. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

yeah! you'd think the FFTEC manifold would annihilate this one with the pedigree... and sure, the turbo doesn't have to be THAT well built to be better built than a PTE, but it's a fair bit larger than a 58xx? so.. i'm going to guess a combination of both things?
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

I will at No Fly Zone in October. Click here to enlarge
    You'll have an opportunity before that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Man, that is pretty crazy how identical that is. I would think my turbo would spool a tad slower given the difference in sizing. 58vs64mm inducer is pretty big difference and should definitely have noticeable difference in spool.

I will say, I am just as surprised as you guys are. This kit has definitely exceeded my expectations in every way, I am very satisfied and happy with these results.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    Very impressive, both RE: the mileage you've put on it apparently without issue in a few months, and the spool you are seeing. That's some healthy ass torque down low for a single.
    Yea, I went to shift sector too in April about 10 days after I got the kit. Drove it there, ran it on the track on a pretty hot day, drove back. Full car of 4 people with full trunk, very comfortable ride and sleeper mode. 200 miles each way pretty much...

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    yeah! you'd think the FFTEC manifold would annihilate this one with the pedigree... and sure, the turbo doesn't have to be THAT well built to be better built than a PTE, but it's a fair bit larger than a 58xx? so.. i'm going to guess a combination of both things?
    Yea, you'd be surprised to what our fabricator actually works on lol. 2000whp hot rods, with huge engines and fat turbos that make my one look like a potato. Custom drag cars, motor swap TT V8 in Rx7 and the FRS/BRZ etc. He works for a lot of different companies etc. He's a very knowledgeable guy, sometimes I honestly have a hard time keeping up with him.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You'll have an opportunity before that.
    I'm not sure what this cryptic post means but I like what it implies Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Looking good! Looking really good!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Soooooooo when's the group buy and how much money you want?
    BSM 2008 135i N54
    -VRSF 7" IC -VRSF DP's -n55 mids -BERK race -ER CP -TIAL BOV -BMS DCI -JB4 G5 ISO -ST coils -STOPTECH slotted rotors & pads -SLeK lip

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

what he said ^

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast