Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

15 out of 15 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

VM Top Mount ST Dyno

Hey guys, sorry for the delay. I know you have all be waiting for this as we have too. Finally had time to strap it on the dyno. Here is the car with the mod list:

E90 335i with VM Top mount ST kit, Comp 6465 Twin Scroll turbo.
    VRSF 7" Intercooler
    VRSF CP w/ Tial BOV
    BMS Meth kit w/ Two CM10 Nozzle
    255 Inline pump
    Spec Stage 3+ W/ Steel SMFW
    Full Stock Exhaust
    JB4 with BB ST Flash

We did some conservative tuning and testing, so these numbers are not even close to max. We used e40 Blend of fuel with 100%Meth. Tested to 26 psi and made 670whp 600wtq. Fuel trims and AFR are perfect where it should be at.

We tried to up the boost but I guess that's as far as it can go with the 12 psi wastegate springs. That's the reason why boost starts to taper down near redline. We will redyno again in a couple of weeks with new WG spring and higher boost.

Can't thank @Terry@BMS enough for helping us with our kit and tuning. There is no substitute when it comes to tuning your N54, Burger Motorsports is the best.

Dyno, Log, and Datazap link:

CSV file 26 PSI E40 Blend 100% Meth Dyno Log

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Last edited by Payam@BMS; 07-26-2014 at 10:42 PM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Nice been waiting for this! Glad everything went well bud..This kit/size turbo has some awesome potential Click here to enlarge

Boost tapers after ~7100rpm or so but it doesn't seem like it affected results much. It can only get better though with the new WG spring.

P.S. Are you planning to go fully catless on this setup in the future? Wonder how big of a difference it will make on the same tune. Either way great post and even better results Click here to enlarge
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    not bad for 26psi. what dyno was this on? the same one bms always uses for their cars?
    2008 e92 335i: JB4 G5 ISO/BMS back end flash, fbo, e85, inlets, Rb turbos, level 10 valve body + converter, water/methanol.....and a lot more....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Strong for 26 pounds. Awesome work dude
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Can't wait to get it back on the dyno with the new springs. At 34psi it should get interesting.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rooringhusky Click here to enlarge
    Nice been waiting for this! Glad everything went well bud..This kit/size turbo has some awesome potential Click here to enlarge

Boost tapers after ~7100rpm or so but it doesn't seem like it affected results much. It can only get better though with the new WG spring.

P.S. Are you planning to go fully catless on this setup in the future? Wonder how big of a difference it will make on the same tune. Either way great post and even better results Click here to enlarge
    Thanks Ravi, I appreciate the kind words! We will have a cut out right after the downpipe. Dyno both open and closed. I enjoy the car too much because it's so quiet, I don't want to change that at all. There is definitely lots of power to be made.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stucks Click here to enlarge
    not bad for 26psi. what dyno was this on? the same one bms always uses for their cars?
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    Strong for 26 pounds. Awesome work dude
    Thanks guys! Yep, this is the same dyno Terry uses for all his tuning.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Can't wait to get it back on the dyno with the new springs. At 34psi it should get interesting.
    You and me both! More boost, and a boost actuated cutout that is connected to the wastegates. So once wastegates open up so will the downpipe Click here to enlarge

What I really like is the fact that this is only an e40 blend and anyone pretty much can achieve these results for a daily. This is more than enough power for a DD.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

nice ! that turbo is badass !
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Looks awesome! Cant wait to see the boost turned up more!
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

GTI I apologize for my laziness but how did fuel look on this pull? Or put another way, to what degree were you relying on meth for fuel? I don't know how the JB scales fuel pressure....AFR looked spot on so obviously the DME had no issues keeping it where it wanted to see it.

Any plans to offer this kit with a smaller turbo? Spool looks good for a top mount of that size for sure though.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

GTI I apologize for my laziness but how did fuel look on this pull? Or put another way, to what degree were you relying on meth for fuel? I don't know how the JB scales fuel pressure....AFR looked spot on so obviously the DME had no issues keeping it where it wanted to see it.

Any plans to offer this kit with a smaller turbo? Spool looks good for a top mount of that size for sure though.
    Pretty much, e40 blend I can only run 19 psi before HPFP starts getting us worried. So anything above that, is what I would say we are using as fueling at this point. So far we have not seen any issues now with fueling since the meth kit as been installed.

I would like to see if we can make 30+ PSI pulls with this same fuel. I see no reason why it wouldn't do just fine, there are no signs of HPFP pressure dropping at all during the 26 psi pull. Looks like there still a lot more in this, turbo and fueling(Meth).
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Pretty much, e40 blend I can only run 19 psi before HPFP starts getting us worried. So anything above that, is what I would say we are using as fueling at this point. So far we have not seen any issues now with fueling since the meth kit as been installed.

I would like to see if we can make 30+ PSI pulls with this same fuel. I see no reason why it wouldn't do just fine, there are no signs of HPFP pressure dropping at all during the 26 psi pull. Looks like there still a lot more in this, turbo and fueling(Meth).
    Yep. Obviously there's not much you can do RE: fueling, it is what it is right now.

Crank that boost up man! That curve is clearly ready to keep climbing. I'd rep you for the good work but i've done it so much I need to spread it some more lol.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

That setup might break some hearts! ~34psi should net you 750+whp?!?
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Yep. Obviously there's not much you can do RE: fueling, it is what it is right now.

Crank that boost up man! That curve is clearly ready to keep climbing. I'd rep you for the good work but i've done it so much I need to spread it some more lol.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rdeterman Click here to enlarge
    That setup might break some hearts! ~34psi should net you 750+whp?!?
    Yea we are ready to turn it up. We tried all we could yesterday to try to get it up to 28 psi, no luck at all. With more boost, and the cutout I see no reason at all why we shouldn't hit 750+whp. I would like to try the same boost with the cutout just to see what we gain from that.

Anyways, you can choose pretty much any turbo you'd like from Comp @135pats. They're a great company and I enjoy working with them because they're local as well. If I ever need anything it's a quick turn around from them to us.

CTX4 turbo with Billet wheel and triple ball bearings.

http://compturbo.com/products/turbos/ct4
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Congrats bro.. Lots of power left to be made.
    You need to take me for a spin again at that power level!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Well done fastgti69! Most single turbo kits will only surpass upgraded twin at 5000 rpm and above, whereas your kit starts at 4300 rpm! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

looks great, good numbers to start cant wait to see higher psi dyno numbers Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge <-- Click on pic for the build thread Full 1m bodywork on. Pure Stage 2 Turbo, helix 2step intercooler, i-carbon thermal coated downpipe, JB4 Iso tune, Seibon Gtr hood , i carbon trunk,WW meth,p, Sparta 2 piece rotors, black lines, apex ec'7s, cks coil overs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Damn, this may convince me to go single in the near future. Congrats!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Any plans to do any 4th gear pulls? Most MT dynos are done in 4th and that will make it easier to do apples to apples comparisons.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Very solid! I'm loving the curve. Congrats!
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, DCI, 7" FMIC, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, DCI, 7" FMIC, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Looks like you're running pretty lean in that dyno. 13:1? Is that reading correct?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    Looks like you're running pretty lean in that dyno. 13:1? Is that reading correct?
    Log shows more like 12:1 in the meat of the powerband, richening a bit more up stairs. Seems acceptable to me with E40.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    Logs look better than the dyno's AFR trace. With cats in the midpipes the dyno's sniffer will read a little leaner than actual.

AFRs look pretty good but the fact most of the power is being fueled through meth still makes me nervous.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

good job guys

I'm looking forward to install and ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast