Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Exclamation Development Thread - Racing Flywheels, Clutch Kits, Racing Axles and Suspension Arms

Hey guys,

with the success of our LSD's, we are now interested in introducing more of the MFactory product range to the BMW market, and was just wondering if there would be a general interest in our other products:

- 1pc Chromoly Racing Flywheels (image coming soon). Made from imported Japanese SAE 4140 Steel. These are Forged, Double Tempered and Super Sub-Zero treated for unsurpassed toughness, with a proprietary surface treatment for increased surface hardness.

Weight - Approx. 9kg
    Fitment - 135i/335i 06-08 8 Bolt available. 09+ 6 Bolt to follow. Will work with oem fitment clutch
    MSRP - $499.95
    Status - Complete. Tester required (will receive super special discount). Please PM if interested

- Hyper-Twin Clutch Kits (image coming soon). Twin Disc clutch kit with carbon metallic discs, coupled with our Racing Flywheel. Rated to approx. 700lbft

Fitment - 135i/335i 06-08 8 Bolt available. 09+ 6 Bolt to follow
    MSRP - $1499.95
    Status - Complete. Tester with over 500lbft required (will receive super special discount). Please PM if interested

- Spherical-joint Rear Camber, Rear Toe and Rear Trailing Arms (images coming soon). These use our specially designed "sealed" spherical bearings, which have self-lubricating teflon lined inners (so do not need lubricating) and a genuine 100% seal from the elements; not just a cheap rubber seal that can be ripped off. Not only do these allow for full 360deg movement, essential in a race environment, they can also be used safely on the road without fear of binding due to the elements.

Fitment - E8X/E9X Non-M
    MSRP - $250 for 1 fitment (e.g Camber), $450 for 2 fitments (e.g Camber + Toe), $650 for the complete set (i.e Camber, Toe and Trailing)
    Status - Complete. Tester required (will receive super special discount). Please PM if interested

- Racing Axles (image coming soon). Axle Shafts & 10% larger 6-Ball CV Joints are Forged from High-Nickel Chromoly Steel (300M) & put through our proprietary heat treatment process. Their hollow center shaft core (i.e rifle-bored) reduces rotational weight by 30%! Comes with our full Lifetime Warranty. No need to send in your oem axles!

Fitment - 135i/335i
    MSRP: $999.95
    Status: To be developed. Sample OEM Axles required. Tester with over 500lbft required (will receive super special discount). Please PM if interested

Let me know if you have any questions Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by MFactory; 08-29-2014 at 04:03 PM.
    - MFactory Competition Products
    -- technik.teamMFactory.com --

Got Questions? Read our Limited-slip Differential FAQ: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...fferential-FAQ

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

In for the last two. You'll warranty axles broken on the strip on radials?
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Clutch holding power isn't really enough for these cars except stock replacement lol - any plans for something grabbier?

with the spherical joint arms

.. 1M/M3-spec? No point making stock style arms with better bearings ?
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Axles sound good to me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Axles sound good to me.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    Clutch holding power isn't really enough for these cars except stock replacement lol - any plans for something grabbier?

.. 1M/M3-spec?
    No point making stock style arms with better bearings ?
    Color me interested if the answer is "yes"
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Depending on cost of the axles with or without cores, I'm a buyer. Only one other game in town for a non custom set.
    E92 N54 3368lbs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I went went with a used set of Drexler Motorsport axles, but you can make yours come in at a reasonable price (i.e. around $1500) it would be nice to have a spare set. The flywheel is really ping my interest too

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

BMW parts with Japanese pricing would surely excite the masses. I am already tingling.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MFactory Click here to enlarge
    - Racing Axles. Axle Shafts & 10% larger 6-Ball CV Joints are Forged from High-Nickel Chromoly Steel (300M) & put through our proprietary heat treatment process. Their hollow center shaft core (i.e rifle-bored) reduces rotational weight by 30%! Come with our full Lifetime Warranty
    Could you explain why you chose to go this route instead of solid shafts? Stronger is better than lighter when it comes to axles IMHO.

How much torque are they rated at?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    A solid driveshaft of the same outer diameter would not be significantly stronger than a hollow one of appropriate wall thickness, but it would be significantly heavier. If you can increase the outside diameter a little, a hollow shaft will be both significantly stronger and lighter.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Axles and that flywheel if it doesn't chatter.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blisstik Click here to enlarge
    Axles and that flywheel if it doesn't chatter.
    So you want a lightweight racing flywheel that doesn't chatter? Those are incompatible goals.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Axles sounds game to me
    2007 335i MT E92
    JB4 G5 / BB Flash / Spec 2+ SMFW / AR DP / CPE FMIC
    BMS DCI / BMS OCC / RB PCV / Muffler Delete
    ST Coilovers / VMR VB3 / Nitto NT555

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    So you want a lightweight racing flywheel that doesn't chatter? Those are incompatible goals.
    Some people do not understand this, and want a car that makes 600WTQ, but behaves like a stock vehicle in all areas. Said it before and I said it again, if you do not want transmission chatter, do not go above power levels that require an upgraded clutch, and SMFW. Because if you do, they WILL chatter, there is no way around it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Some people do not understand this, and want a car that makes 600WTQ, but behaves like a stock vehicle in all areas. Said it before and I said it again, if you do not want transmission chatter, do not go above power levels that require an upgraded clutch, and SMFW. Because if you do, they WILL chatter, there is no way around it.
    Agreed, or just go buy a dogbox.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I agree, with my current set up Spec 2+ with SMFW, it was noticeable at first, but worn down. I don't even notice it anymore.
    2007 335i MT E92
    JB4 G5 / BB Flash / Spec 2+ SMFW / AR DP / CPE FMIC
    BMS DCI / BMS OCC / RB PCV / Muffler Delete
    ST Coilovers / VMR VB3 / Nitto NT555

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Definitely in for axles.
    2007 335i E92 | 6AT | MOTIV 750 single turbo | MOTIV port injection | Stage 3 LPFP | Quaife | hlins | Brembo | Akrapovic

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

What kind of price would we be looking at for Axles? 1000WHP axles are available now for $999, if you can do lower and offer fast turn around I can imagine you would sell quite a few.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

in for axels if priced right
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    In for the last two. You'll warranty axles broken on the strip on radials?
    Yes, lifetime transferable warranty; even if raced Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge

.. 1M/M3-spec? No point making stock style arms with better bearings ?
    For the clutch, we would make it to the specification/power requirements required by the majority. So if this means 500lb+, that is fine.

For the arms, let me check with my engineer.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AlexQuattro Click here to enlarge
    Could you explain why you chose to go this route instead of solid shafts? Stronger is better than lighter when it comes to axles IMHO.

How much torque are they rated at?
    I was ready to reply to this, but the post right below yours answers it Click here to enlarge

What kind of price would we be looking at for Axles? 1000WHP axles are available now for $999, if you can do lower and offer fast turn around I can imagine you would sell quite a few.
    We want to keep our 300M axles below $1k, yes Click here to enlarge
    - MFactory Competition Products
    -- technik.teamMFactory.com --

Got Questions? Read our Limited-slip Differential FAQ: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...fferential-FAQ

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Axles (with hollow cores) definitely get a Click here to enlarge from me! ...and a lifetime warranty is icing on the cake! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click on the banner to visit our store...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Got it, thanks guys!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

You guys are going to make such a killing in this market...keep up the good work.

I don't even launch or drag the car but interested in the axles and really interested in the toe+camber arms.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

In for clutch + FW.

What is the time-line for the Clutch + FW? I need one real soon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast