Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    That has been delayed to 2017.
    hopefully by then they will at least make the cars sound good and add electric motors in addition to the turbos
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I see stickys point. He is well aware of the current regulations of DTM. DTM is lame anyways, it is a glorified spec series.

BMW is currently not racing any car that has as direct relation to a car on their showroom floor. The Z4 GT3, uses an engine based off an engine from another platform. Not to mention the S65 isn't even in production anymore and a coupe Z4M doesn't even exist.

When BMW nuts up and decides to race the "efficient dynamic" turbo engines, then they will regain some respect in motorsports. Right now, I don't see BMW even attempting to race an S55 powered car or develop a powerplant derived from the S55. The new M4 loses some of the heritage of the old M3 models, if they make no attempt to compete with the car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    BMW is currently not racing any car that has as direct relation to a car on their showroom floor. The Z4 GT3, uses an engine based off an engine from another platform. Not to mention the S65 isn't even in production anymore and a coupe Z4M doesn't even exist.

When BMW nuts up and decides to race the "efficient dynamic" turbo engines, then they will regain some respect in motorsports. Right now, I don't see BMW even attempting to race an S55 powered car or develop a powerplant derived from the S55. The new M4 loses some of the heritage of the old M3 models, if they make no attempt to compete with the car.
    Bingo.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    DTM Regulations. All 3 competitors use a 90 degree 4L V8 by regulation.
    BMW had to specially develop this P66 engine to be able to compete in DTM in 2012
    You must be pleased to know that for 2016 DTM will switch to a 2L 4-cylinder turbo engine setup.
    Yes, this is why the F82 M4 has no link to the DTM car unlike the E30 M3. So the E30 M3 is more race car off the showroom floor than the M4 ever will be.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    How the F*** should I know what sports you can watch across the pond. It was a genuine question.
    Well David I added a sports package that lets me watch every F1 and DTM race. Yay!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

There's a reason E30 M3 in good shape are nowadays in the 50.000 Euro range. Let me give you a hint: it's not the full-blown race character of newer gen M's...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Tires.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123