Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    And @Sticky, whats up with calling it an ECU? Its referred to as a DME around these here parts.
    ECU, PCM, DME, ECM. They're all pretty much the same thing lol. I've heard all of them, just the thing that controls things Click here to enlarge.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    ECU, PCM, DME, ECM. They're all pretty much the same thing lol. I've heard all of them, just the thing that controls things Click here to enlarge.
    Some people say that cucumbers taste better pickled.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Some people say that cucumbers taste better pickled.
    Don't you mean all people?
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E70 Twin Turbo Diesel JBD

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    And @Sticky, whats up with calling it an ECU? Its referred to as a DME around these here parts.
    I used both terms.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Think I know which tuner this is, and they're not in Cali
    Last edited by benzy89; 07-23-2014 at 03:31 PM.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Damn, the mofos that neg prepped me your cheap as hell. It was expected none the less.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    Damn, the mofos that neg prepped me your cheap as hell. It was expected none the less.
    I gave you a pos. You can usually tell who neg'd you by how much it goes down. Speaking of...
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E70 Twin Turbo Diesel JBD

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    this statement is funny to me , who wouldnt be happy with that ? lol imagine saying that 10 years ago and not owning a supra...
    Because these days 550whp isnt saying much. But i would be content, i dont need to go all out on my car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think I know too... Not in Cali Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow....this is awesome. So it begins. I can't wait to see this Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Think I know which tuner this is, and they're not in Cali
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    I think I know too... Not in Cali Click here to enlarge
    Then there is two tuners that have cracked it, because Josh aka Tightie is working with Gintani.

Tightie from the other forum:

"I installed my downpipes on Friday. I will be going back tomorrow for a dyno, we didn't have time to put back the stock file."

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The source for the crack (should it exist) is going to be shared.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Pursuant to my information, German tuners have been able to flash the N55 of all F-series cars since the beginning of July.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Alpina_B3_Lux Click here to enlarge
    Pursuant to my information, German tuners have been able to flash the N55 of all F-series cars since the beginning of July.
    And your information is what?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My only hope is that there is the option for the end-user to customize tables to specific needs (ala COBB or BB) such as E85 tuning and not being stuck with some locked-out tuner file that's a one-size fits all. Why limit such a platform with more potential on the table?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by spool twice Click here to enlarge
    My only hope is that there is the option for the end-user to customize tables to specific needs (ala COBB or BB) such as E85 tuning and not being stuck with some locked-out tuner file that's a one-size fits all. Why limit such a platform with more potential on the table?
    I think you'll have that as well as some new players coming into the scene. Maybe AMS? Or companies like that. The ///M badge will attract more companies than the 335/n54 did. Just wait and see...
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lets be honest guys, people are probably just buying the encryption key from someone in Germany.
    @BuraQ, the ROM is really the easy part of figuring out how to flash the car. The ROM is just the data that you are manipulating. The hard part about flashing is figured out HOW to get the DME to accept the modified data...

If I were a betting man I'd bet 100% against you here. I Highly doubt BMW has let the key slip out. Extremely unlikely, if it has, then someone has really $#@!ed up. They are most likely just looking for exploits in the rom with security this high. If the key did get out, they would probably just change the key for all cars moving forward, which is essentially all of them.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    As far as I know the F3x ECU has been tunable for awhile via a boot-loader (removing ECU to flash and soldering to it), but I've yet to hear of OBDII flashing for it. I hope it pans out as we're going to need flashing capability to tune for larger turbos, 100% E85, etc!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    When you look at the New M3/M4 it performs a lot like a FBO N54 with upgraded turbos. Don't you guys think BMW pays attention to the aftermarket scene and plans accordingly?

Wouldn't BMW want people tuning their cars to extract all the potential they can? Maybe this slip up was planned?

Gotta stay relevant when compared to American muscle, right?
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't think BMW cares about the aftermarket much at all. If they did, why do they keep making it more difficult to tune?

I'd need to hear more about the source of the file but from what I've seen with my own BMW's is that BMW wants to keep cars stock until the warranty period is over.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I don't think BMW cares about the aftermarket much at all. If they did, why do they keep making it more difficult to tune?

I'd need to hear more about the source of the file but from what I've seen with my own BMW's is that BMW wants to keep cars stock until the warranty period is over.
    I recently saw a 3 series BMW commercial that was something to the effect of "make it your own". It was each generation 3 that had been cosmetically modified. I think they subtly encourage it. They do take losses here and there on warranty issues but it's a net gain selling you their warranties. The entire shadow codes/2nd tier codes is an entirely different discussion but ultimately I do believe they can determine wether a modification caused a failure and act accordingly. Problem is that the lower levelers at BMW try to fight that battle with some owners and it's not their fight. BMW knows it's a sub culture and they are a part of it. Think of it like the guy in a suit who wants to have fight club / tough guy rumors whispered behind his back.

As far as why it's becoming more difficult I look at the same as why country clubs raise their dues each year. It comes in generational chunks of difficulty when it comes to their cars.
    -Modified safety triangle in trunk
    -Carbon fiber key overlay
    PLANNED MODS
    -Wheel spacers

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by R.G. Click here to enlarge
    I recently saw a 3 series BMW commercial that was something to the effect of "make it your own". It was each generation 3 that had been cosmetically modified. I think they subtly encourage it. They do take losses here and there on warranty issues but it's a net gain selling you their warranties. The entire shadow codes/2nd tier codes is an entirely different discussion but ultimately I do believe they can determine wether a modification caused a failure and act accordingly. Problem is that the lower levelers at BMW try to fight that battle with some owners and it's not their fight. BMW knows it's a sub culture and they are a part of it. Think of it like the guy in a suit who wants to have fight club / tough guy rumors whispered behind his back.

As far as why it's becoming more difficult I look at the same as why country clubs raise their dues each year. It comes in generational chunks of difficulty when it comes to their cars.
    If BMW actually wanted to encourage it they wouldn't go to the lengths they do and deny warranty claims the way they do. I had my own warranty fight with BMW and at no point were they 'encouraging' about anything. They were a bunch of pricks actually.

If I told the dealer I planned to supercharge and wanted to build the motor they would void it all right then and there. They encourage you to buy their 'Performance Parts' rather than going to the aftermarket. They just want money. They certainly do not give a damn about giving you the best options to modify your car you own.

They have gotten worse about this, not better. I'd love for BMW to actually encourage modding but their behavior and own parts division is designed now to keep maximum profit for them and actually to cut the aftermarket out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    As far as I know the F3x ECU has been tunable for awhile via a boot-loader (removing ECU to flash and soldering to it), but I've yet to hear of OBDII flashing for it. I hope it pans out as we're going to need flashing capability to tune for larger turbos, 100% E85, etc!
    F-that then, if that is case. I have seen some major botched jobs when soldering ecu's.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    from what I've seen with my own BMW's is that BMW wants to keep cars stock until the warranty period is over.
    i agree

see: rod bearings for the M3 and M5 engines, as in the S54, S62 (even THOSE has issues), S65 and S85 early models. look at how long they delayed the recalls. don't forget VANOS.

see: fuel pumps for the N54. recalled after how many years?

even see: N62 valve stem seals. did they even recall this?

notice how all these issues weren't really that bad if you left the car stock. and this stuff was still kinda bad on stock cars anyways. i'm thinkin they've been conspiring against us lol
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    hopefully it's true!

very interesting to watch how quickly the S55 is getting modified.. i wonder how much of it is because it's an M3, and how much of it is tuners have had their eyes (and gained bulk experience) on the various turbo BMW motors for years already?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast