Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Question Max Scalar Value for stock LPFP ?

I came accross mixed views on this, mostly coming from piggyback users so I don't know if it applies to Pro flash tuning also.

1.500 is the max or is going beyond this value depends on the fuel system overall health ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Generally the amount of ethanol you'd be using to justify using that high of a scalar would be too much for LPFP alone. I have used as 1.55 with an inline set up with no issues other than it being overkill.
    E92 335is DCT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by musc Click here to enlarge
    Generally the amount of ethanol you'd be using to justify using that high of a scalar would be too much for LPFP alone. I have used as 1.55 with an inline set up with no issues other than it being overkill.
    Are you using 3D scalar ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I've used 1.65 for someone with major trim issues on RB turbos and E30ish iirc. Without a 3D scalar it wouldn't have worked though since the trim issues were only at high load, even with meth. His car had some odd issue but hey it worked, so I'm unsure of any max other than the hex max limit. 1.5 would go dangerous lean and limp mode.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    I've used 1.65 for someone with major trim issues on RB turbos and E30ish iirc. Without a 3D scalar it wouldn't have worked though since the trim issues were only at high load, even with meth. His car had some odd issue but hey it worked, so I'm unsure of any max other than the hex max limit. 1.5 would go dangerous lean and limp mode.
    Yes correct, I am speaking about the 1.5+ scalar in the WOT higher load. I have been using E60 for almost a year now, the HPFP and LPFP seem to be ok I guess, bank 2 STFT could do better. Its currently set to 1.53 at the begining of WOT getting into the higher load then drops to 1.49 at max load, but I am just too affraid to increase the scalar on this bank any more. Bank 2 is significanly off by 5%-8% from Bank 1 which scalar in the higher load is sub 1.45

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    Are you using 3D scalar ?
    Yes. 335is with ILA0S 3D scalar like you except i'm on JB4 stacked with backend flash flashed with BB software. Terry's stock scalar for E85 flash in the 335is looks like this picture below. I felt it was overkill on the high end for E60 though I didn't have any issue running it. Click here to enlarge
    E92 335is DCT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Also still need your updated launch control video, BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    E92 335is DCT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge

fml and my pos car.. fixed my boost issue there was a pin size hole in my charge pipe from rubbing over time, odd that all rb logs looked fine with boost and pwn so perhaps when stock turbos went in the rid home the pin hole developed LOL

trims are still a huge pita , been meaning to get in touch with you but i always feel bad lol...
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82