Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

N55 VTT JB's not being Delivered and no ETA, anyone else?

Did anyone else get an email like I did (email below)? I put my deposit down in April and now no ETA.. after I was told it would ready in about 2-3 weeks a month ago? I understand things happen but to tell a customer you have no ETA seems pretty ridiculous to me. If I had an issue where a customer gave me a deposit and was expecting a product I would drop everything to make sure the issue gets fixed right away.

"We have had a major snag on these turbos, the machined housings we received back did not come out right, and we cannot move forward with sending these out, it looks like it is going to be a while until we can get them redone. So there are 3 options, apply your deposit to a stage 1 turbo which we have in stock and can ship in 2-3 days, apply it to a DBB Stage 2 which are not in stock and will prob be another 60 days, or you can wait until we can get the Stage 2 JB's option ready right now we have no ETA."
    BMW Performance Kidney Grille, CF Lip Spoiler, CF Diffusser, Blackline LCI Tailights, Magnaflow Full Exhaust, BMS Intake, Jb4 w/ E85, Meth Injection, BMS ********, VRSF 5" Intercooler, CP-E Charge Pipe, ST Coilovers, M3 Subframe Bushings, VMR VB3 Wheels, 255 Inline Fuel Pump

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Did you respond to his email with any request that would satisfy you? Before posting this?
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes of course @ChuckD05
    BMW Performance Kidney Grille, CF Lip Spoiler, CF Diffusser, Blackline LCI Tailights, Magnaflow Full Exhaust, BMS Intake, Jb4 w/ E85, Meth Injection, BMS ********, VRSF 5" Intercooler, CP-E Charge Pipe, ST Coilovers, M3 Subframe Bushings, VMR VB3 Wheels, 255 Inline Fuel Pump

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    $#@! happens in manufacturing all the time like this. At least you were notified and given options which is the professional thing to do.
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E70 Twin Turbo Diesel JBD

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Customer has been emailed and options given, that he chose to bring it here is his choice. When we posted Stage 2 JB's were going to be produced we made it very clear we had no real ETA, at that point we invested quite a bit of money in cores and started on production of these and stage 1's. Stage 1's came back fine and are now in stock and shipping, the machine work on stage 2 was not up to the level we like to see, thus we decided to put them on hold until we can get the issue taken care of. Things like this are never something you plan on, nor see coming, but they happen. Our plate is so full right now after the issue arose we have put these on the back burner until we can get some time to deal with it. The customer was informed with putting his deposit down which was 25% that it was non-refundable, since the issue arose, we have offered him credit towards any product he wishes including stage 1 N55, and we also offered him $500 off the DBB N55 (his deposit was only $700 so we basically offered him almost his entire deposit in a discount towards the more expensive product as well as full credit for the deposit) which would bring the different between the JB and DBB to $700, also not just limited to N55 products, he could choose from any product. We sent that response to him last week. Since then we have not heard back from the customer and now we find these posts. Everything was made very clear and very upfront, every invoice in big bold letters states deposit is non-refundable, the original thread states it is non-refundable and states we made no promises of delivery times. We refuse to ship an inferior product just because someone had their build scheduled and it is an inconvenience to them. We will 100% be producing the N55 JB turbo upgrades, but with our plate being as full as it is and the issue with the improper machine work, we are putting it on the back burner for a couple months. The customer has 3 options in front of him at this moment, a stage 1, a DBB stage 2, or wait for the JB's to be done, his deposit will never expire. We told him this and instead of handling it with us, he chose to bring the issue here, so we have no choice but to respond here as well. Thanks VTT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    people smh (not tony)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw0bsession Click here to enlarge
    Yes of course @ChuckD05
    This is not true, we responded to you last week with your options. We responded to you on Friday Jul 11th at around 11 am, we can post this email with time stamp if you wish as well. Since then we have heard nothing back from you and you post on all 3 forums.

Edit: I feel the email needs to be posted. This was sent to him on Friday.

Tony Vargas <tony@vargasturbo.com>
    Jul 11 (3 days ago)Click here to enlarge
    to Will
    Click here to enlarge
    Will,

I understand your frustration, but no one is more frustrated than us, you are not the only customer who was expecting these. The N55 world is waiting anxiously for a Stage 2 JB option, and we were very excited to get this done, that the machine work ended up ultimately being wrong pushing the ETA back was very disappointing for us. With all this said, it was made very clear from the beginning the deposits were not refundable, the forum thread stated this, as well as our invoices stated this. We are happy to offer you another N55 product, or any product in our line up for that matter. If it helps you, we can offer you a Stage 2 BB upgrade for $3499 or $500 off for the inconvenience, you would be looking at about a $700 difference over the JB or you can wait on the JB. Again we know this is not ideal, but when building custom parts on a production level, at times you have set backs.

Please let us know what you want to do. Please keep in mind, we are at least 60 days from shipping anymore BB upgrades, we sold out last week of the ones we have in stock.

Thanks!

Tony

Anthony Vargas
    President, Operations Manager
    Vargas Turbocharger Technologies, Inc
    Vargas Turbo & Diesel, Inc

O:510.537.2266
    F: 510.315.3032
    Tony@vargasturbo.com
    www.vargasturbo.com
    Jesus is Lord
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Also from the original thread. We stated about 3-5 months for shipping as just a rough ball park, this customer ordered on 4/09/14, meanging it has just been over 90 days still 2 months short or even our original estimate. We do everything we can to keep people happy, Will we feel we have been fair with you on your options, feel free to contact us directly on email again to try to resolve this.

"As far as shipping times. We are about 60-90 days from being able to ship limited quantities of Stage 1, and 90-150 days from shipping our Stage 2 JB upgrades. We will also have roughly 7 Stage 2 DBB upgrades back in stock in 60-90 days as well. We will be opening up a waiting list for people who want to get in on the limited quantities of the upgrades. First come first serve to hold a spot.

Thank you in advance for any inquiries, please direct any and all questions to Sales@vargasturbo.com and we will explain all details do not send PM's here. A small non-refundable deposit will apply strictly to keep people from holding a spot and decided they do want the upgrade down the line."

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For the record, I did not post this so that I can quarrel with the Company. I respect your products and everything they do. I posted it so the other car owners would not have to deal with this issue once again like the stage 3 turbos that haven't been made in over 1.5yrs and counting. Our deposits are held hostage and it is not fair for future clients to deal with this.

I did handle it with you but all three options were beneficial to you and not to me. A 4th option that I think would be very reasonable and professional would be to return the deposits and say we will contact you when the product is ready if you are still interested. Why would I trust your word on a 60 day delivery time with the DBB upgrade when you didn't even update me on the JB until I asked? Everything has to be within reason and to have waited 3-4 month already and then now to see you say it is going in the back-burner I think makes it fair for your customers to get refunds so they can explore other options. You did mention at the beginning it was 5 months but even then with this issue you haven't updated that at all, what is it now 10-12 months? We had been in communication and on June 10th you made it clear everything was moving fast which is why I began to disregard your 5 month lead time....

"Will,

Wheels came on time, housings went out to be machined and I am told they are done this week sometime. So we should see them next week, once we get the housings back we can assemble and ship/.

Thanks!

Tony"

Something happened, fine, but to tell a customer there is no ETA and NOW say it is in the back burner is just ridiculous...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For the record, I did not post this so that I can quarrel with the Company. I respect your products and everything they do. I posted it so the other car owners would not have to deal with this issue once again like the stage 3 turbos that haven't been made in over 1.5yrs and counting. Our deposits are held hostage and it is not fair for future clients to deal with this.

I did handle it with you but all three options were beneficial to you and not to me. A 4th option that I think would be very reasonable and professional would be to return the deposits and say we will contact you when the product is ready if you are still interested. Why would I trust your word on a 60 day delivery time with the DBB upgrade when you didn't even update me on the JB until I asked? Everything has to be within reason and to have waited 3-4 month already and then now to see you say it is going in the back-burner I think makes it fair for your customers to get refunds so they can explore other options. You did mention at the beginning it was 5 months but even then with this issue you haven't updated that at all, what is it now 10-12 months? We had been in communication and on June 10th you made it clear everything was moving fast which is why I began to disregard your 5 month lead time....

"Will,

Wheels came on time, housings went out to be machined and I am told they are done this week sometime. So we should see them next week, once we get the housings back we can assemble and ship/.

Thanks!

Tony"

Something happened, fine, but to tell a customer there is no ETA and NOW say it is in the back burner is just ridiculous...
    Will, non refundable deposit means exactly what it implies, non-refundable deposit. So you can exercise one of the 3 options or not its is up to you. Please refer to the above post, the original thread states 90-150 days clear as day, meaning we are still 2 months shy of even a proposed delivery date. As far as the email you posted, sure the housings and wheels came on time we but had not inspected them yet, stage 1's and stage 2's in the same shipment, the stage 1's were fine, upon inspection the stage 2's were not, we will not ship a product we do not feel is perfect. This is very simple and everything was made very clear to you. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Feel free to email us directly if you wish to discuss this further, we will not be doing any more customer relations via a public forum. Thank you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Customer was refunded deposit minus a 25% cancellation fee. He was charged the fee as he understood the policy on the deposit, and he understood the time frame, we are till 2 months shy of delivery estimate and he is demanding a refund. This matter is concluded, @Sticky feel free to close this thread

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Sticky Do not close this thread, I have something everyone needs to see.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Since he is basically saying I accepted fault and he was right, I feel the need to post this.. I will not post any email screen shots because I think that is taking it too far but they do exist. Besides, this is not the first time this happens.

He is right, I got a partial refund back after I declined this morning. According to the original post the product should be ready in another 2 months but as you can see in the previous posts on here and the emails he sent me, he had no intention of even making that deadline.... this is my argument. Because of his reputation and the fact that my only options were to wait since my project was being put in the back burner I chose to get out of this and not be another victim like the Stage 3 guys. He takes your deposit and finishes your product when it is convenient for him. In the email quotes below you can see when he tells me I am not important because he has a ton of n54 orders and only 2 n55s so I have to wait.

"I want to revisit the facts here. Please take a second to see the initial thread, the JB's were given an estimated time of being done in the 3-5 month range it has been 3 months and 5 days. Leaving us another 2 months to actually finish to even meet our original estimate, which is still an estimate, not a promise."

""Until then it is going to take a back seat to other things that are more pressing, like 30 orders for N54 stage 2's compared to 2 order for n55 JB Stage 2's".

I got some money back, they make great products, but if you can go somewhere else you should. Anyways, I am done with this. I refuse to speak on the matter anymore, am I happy? No, but I did get some money back so that is probably a first. I hope no one else gets taken advantage of and hopefully has a better experience than I did.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Since he is basically saying I accepted fault and he was right, I feel the need to post this.. I will not post any email screen shots because I think that is taking it too far but they do exist. Besides, this is not the first time this happens.

He is right, I got a partial refund back after I declined this morning. According to the original post the product should be ready in another 2 months but as you can see in the previous posts on here and the emails he sent me, he had no intention of even making that deadline.... this is my argument. Because of his reputation and the fact that my only options were to wait since my project was being put in the back burner I chose to get out of this and not be another victim like the Stage 3 guys. He takes your deposit and finishes your product when it is convenient for him. In the email quotes below you can see when he tells me I am not important because he has a ton of n54 orders and only 2 n55s so I have to wait.

"I want to revisit the facts here. Please take a second to see the initial thread, the JB's were given an estimated time of being done in the 3-5 month range it has been 3 months and 5 days. Leaving us another 2 months to actually finish to even meet our original estimate, which is still an estimate, not a promise."

""Until then it is going to take a back seat to other things that are more pressing, like 30 orders for N54 stage 2's compared to 2 order for n55 JB Stage 2's".

I got some money back, they make great products, but if you can go somewhere else you should. Anyways, I am done with this. I refuse to speak on the matter anymore, am I happy? No, but I did get some money back so that is probably a first. I hope no one else gets taken advantage of and hopefully has a better experience than I did.
    Will, thank you for the post. Yes to be 100% clear we do put precedent on customer orders who have been waiting much longer than you and their estimated delivery date has already been passed, they patiently waited and when the parts arrived we give these orders our full attention to make sure they get out quickly, we then go back to the other products and orders that are not only not late, they are still 2 months out of estimated delivery times. As far as the refund, we have a no questions asked refund policy on all products within the product warranty as long as they are found to be faulty. This does not fall in that category, this is you not happy with the time frame and wanting to cancel an order well early of the estimated delivery date, in this case a cancellation fee is warranted. We have many many happy customers for every one that is not, as I said in my email we are disappointed it worked out this way, but you made no effort to handle this person to person, so it had to be conducted on this forum, which benefits no one. We wish you luck with your N55 and future build.

Side note: I am not sure if you are aware, but since you made mention of it. Due to the extreme delinquent status of our Stage 3 kits we offered each and every stage 3 customer a 100% refund on deposit no questions asked if they wanted, and we would have done the same with you if we went past the original estimate, and you would have asked for it.
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 07-15-2014 at 12:20 PM.