Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

2014 CP M6 with SS catted dP's Gruppe M intake and BMS stage 1 Vbox results

I finally broke down and installed a piggyback on my already fast CP M6 with Dp's and Gruppe M. My previous best Vbox quarter mile at my testing location which is 0 slope at 34 meters above sea level was 11.4 @128 on a negative 2000 DA on 93 octane pump gas (so ideal conditions). Yesterday I ran the car with the BMS stage 1 set to +3.5 psi (new firmware where 3.5 = 3.5 lol) on 93 octane in the exact same testing location. Conditions however were less than favorable as the road was damp and it was 82 degrees , 80% humidity and 30.1 bar pressure (DA + 1800) . I'm very pleased with the results and will be heading to Darlington or Fayetville soon with fresh tires to get a slip. I knew launching was out so both runs were MDM on with 1/2nd gear having a lot of power pulled. So given that I'm very impressed. FYI i weighed my car with the Akra exhaust and CCB's with a full tank of gas and it came out to 4195, so quite a bit lighter than the M5. Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Good stuff dude! It's a little heavier than I expected.

Would love to see your car hit a dyno!
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

even with a bad launch compared to your previous run it was only a .2 second difference, nice
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah the road was damp so it was mdm on and major intervention through 1st and 2nd with a soft launch. I mainly did the run to look at trap speed delta but I think those were probably hurt a bit as well. Still 130 tuned on a positive 1800 DA vs 128 DP/intake on a negative 2000 Da is a big change and shows the BMS is making power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Good stuff dude! It's a little heavier than I expected.

Would love to see your car hit a dyno!
    Thanks ! Yeah its heavy but still 200 pounds lighter than a similarly equipped M5 so thats a pretty good delta that explains some of the performance difference between M5's and M6's. The dyno numbers for the S6TU are all over the place with most people only posting STD correction numbers on high reading dynojets., so I agree it would be very interesting. I wish I had a decent local dyno shop. I am going to take it to the strip soon with a fresh set of tires, Id like to set a street tire record.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

smoking quick at that weight, you must be over 700 crank hp
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Pretty solid traps.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Pretty solid traps.
    Thanks I was pretty pleased given the horrible DA , 93 octane and only + 3.5 psi on the new firmware . That seems to be the limit psi wise for pump gas on a CP though . Above that the car pulls timing up top and heats soaks quicker and is actually slower . But on +3.5 it ran dead consistent on three back to back 1/2 mile runs on a high DA humid day . The piggyback works like a champ thanks !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gmd2003 Click here to enlarge
    Thanks ! Yeah its heavy but still 200 pounds lighter than a similarly equipped M5 so thats a pretty good delta that explains some of the performance difference between M5's and M6's. The dyno numbers for the S6TU are all over the place with most people only posting STD correction numbers on high reading dynojets., so I agree it would be very interesting. I wish I had a decent local dyno shop. I am going to take it to the strip soon with a fresh set of tires, Id like to set a street tire record.
    Absolutely I just thought the difference might be larger considering how we have seen some M6's run away from M5's.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Thanks I was pretty pleased given the horrible DA , 93 octane and only + 3.5 psi on the new firmware . That seems to be the limit psi wise for pump gas on a CP though . Above that the car pulls timing up top and heats soaks quicker and is actually slower . But on +3.5 it ran dead consistent on three back to back 1/2 mile runs on a high DA humid day . The piggyback works like a champ thanks !
    To determine if its pulling timing you'd have to monitor timing with an OBDII tool. You can't presume that from a lack of performance as other factors will also reduce performance if the setting is too aggressive for the car. The throttle can close, DME can back off dutycycle reducing boost, etc. But generally speaking though 3 to 3.5psi is what we suggest for 93 octane. Looks like your experience is consistent with ours.

If you're ever bored add straight unleaded race gas and try 5.00. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

To determine if its pulling timing you'd have to monitor timing with an OBDII tool. You can't presume that from a lack of performance as other factors will also reduce performance if the setting is too aggressive for the car. The throttle can close, DME can back off dutycycle reducing boost, etc. But generally speaking though 3 to 3.5psi is what we suggest for 93 octane. Looks like your experience is consistent with ours.

If you're ever bored add straight unleaded race gas and try 5.00. Click here to enlarge
    Have you tried running E85 mixes on these cars? Seems to be doing pretty well for the s55

Also last week at mpact heard one guy say he was running his car +6.5 PSI using race gas and meth does that seem realistic? Car was deff flying out trapping all supercharged m3's

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was Terry Click here to enlarge . I use a PLX kiwi OBD II data logger . The CP tune is holding boost out longer up top and it's a bit more as well this the excellent performance with lower boost settings than some .

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    Have you tried running E85 mixes on these cars? Seems to be doing pretty well for the s55

Also last week at mpact heard one guy say he was running his car +6.5 PSI using race gas and meth does that seem realistic? Car was deff flying out trapping all supercharged m3's
    E85 is not compatible with this platform, at least not without a full flash, which doesn't exist yet. I would not run more than the +5.00psi setting.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

I was Terry Click here to enlarge . I use a PLX kiwi OBD II data logger . The CP tune is holding boost out longer up top and it's a bit more as well this the excellent performance with lower boost settings than some .
    OK good any tuning decision should be based on good data. Too often these guys go racing around with overly aggressive settings without knowing what is going on. Fortunately the platform is very forgiving. But it's always best to run the least aggressive setting that gives the best performance result.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I agree a 100% . There's one guy running around with no logging at +7.5 psi with meth and MS109 saying it can even take more with zero data or even performance runs lol. It's an expensive motor to be playing around blind and more boost doesn't necessarily equal more power for multiple reasons as you know .

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

E85 is not compatible with this platform, at least not without a full flash, which doesn't exist yet. I would not run more than the +5.00psi setting.
    What is the reason for this?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I agree a 100% . There's one guy running around with no logging at +7.5 psi with meth and MS109 saying it can even take more with zero data or even performance runs lol. It's an expensive motor to be playing around blind and more boost doesn't necessarily equal more power for multiple reasons as you know .
    Maybe its the same guy I was talking about he had a white f10 m5 and was running 109 + Meth. No doubt the car was flying but I agree not smart pushing the envelope without logging and seeing how the car reacts

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The car without back end ECU control can't adapt the fueling enough for E85 .

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

The car withoUt back end ECU control can't adapt the fueling enough for E85 .
    Thanks but why can the N54 and S55 seemingly do so?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't know of anyone who has run > E50 on the S55 yet .I haven't seen logs from an S55 , so who knows the fueling tables , time will tell what leeway it has . Terry probably knows the limit at this point . .

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm pretty sure the N54's running E85 have ECU flashes to adjust fueling .

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

I'm pretty sure the N54's running E85 have ECU flashes to adjust fueling .
    Now they do, yes, but they also ran E85 before things evolved to where they have now. You make a good point I just wanted to point out the S55 seems to be responding well and I'm wondering why it seems to work better than the S63/S63TU without the ECU being unlocked.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What is the reason for this?
    Just a byproduct of how the DME happens to be programmed from the factory. With the S55, N55, N54, N20, etc, we can run 40-50% E85 without the need of a back end flash. With the S63 it's another story all together.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nice

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why catted dp's ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast