Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Single Turbo Kits

Let's see how many single turbo kits that are around at this time. Post the size turbo/manufacturer/dyno numbers/state you are from. Would be interesting to know where we are in the N54 world.
    2007 335i MT E92
    JB4 G5 / BB Flash / Spec 2+ SMFW / AR DP / CPE FMIC
    BMS DCI / BMS OCC / RB PCV / Muffler Delete
    ST Coilovers / VMR VB3 / Nitto NT555

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

VM Top mount kit. Comp 6465 .84ar twin scroll. Jb4 with bb flash, 23psi ms109 6.2k rpm redline 593 whp 540wtq.

Have an app in about 2 weeks to redyno with clutch and meth kit installed. Should be 700-750 whp or so.

Socal, LA area.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    FFTEC top mount "kit" 6466 GEN2, .84ar twin scroll, FFTEC inline pump, SPEC stage 5 clutch. Finishing up install of turbo, DP and exhaust tomorrow then starting it up for the first time. I have COBB AP and JB4 and am currrently trying to decided which way to go; COBB backend flash or BB BMS ST flash.

San Antonio, TX
    FIVE-TIME Champion SpursClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Proven Power kit, Forced Performance HTA3586r turbo. No dyno yet...need a day off. Located in Sarasota, FL. May contact local dyno for an evening run next week.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TDDaryl Click here to enlarge
    FFTEC top mount "kit" 6466 GEN2, .84ar twin scroll, FFTEC inline pump, SPEC stage 5 clutch. Finishing up install of turbo, DP and exhaust tomorrow then starting it up for the first time. I have COBB AP and JB4 and am currrently trying to decided which way to go; COBB backend flash or BB BMS ST flash.

San Antonio, TX
    Beast! I will recommend BB ST Flash.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

San Antonio, TX
    Interesting Click here to enlarge maybe will meet one day, maybe in TX2K lol
    2007 335i MT E92

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

San Antonio, TX
    If you already have a COBB keep it. BT cable can be useful, so if you want to give BB Flash a try fine, but really no reason if you already have a COBB. I tried it and went back to COBB myself. Can't say there was much difference. I just feel more confident in the COBB and flashing over and over again. Less issues...

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    If you already have a COBB keep it. BT cable can be useful, so if you want to give BB Flash a try fine, but really no reason if you already have a COBB. I tried it and went back to COBB myself. Can't say there was much difference. I just feel more confident in the COBB and flashing over and over again. Less issues...
    If you have Jb4, all you need to do is flash it once and never look at it again.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    If you have Jb4, all you need to do is flash it once and never look at it again.
    I don't find that to be true at all. There are other things that need tweaking besides boost and duty cycle.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

I don't find that to be true at all. There are other things that need tweaking besides boost and duty cycle.
    Possibly for your kit and others. My kit, it was literally plug and play. As Terry said in my original thread, it worked correctly right out of the box. Can be cause he tuned it around the FFTEC kit, and ours is on par with theirs. I can imagine it to work the same.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

2 out of 6 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Possibly for your kit and others. My kit, it was literally plug and play. As Terry said in my original thread, it worked correctly right out of the box. Can be cause he tuned it around the FFTEC kit, and ours is on par with theirs. I can imagine it to work the same.
    Well yeah, it "worked" fine. That doesn't mean it's the best it could be out of the box. I'm not really sure what you're implying by not working on my kit out of the box. I've only flashed my car twice, the initial flash, and then made a minor fuel scalar change when Terry and I were trouble shooting. It ended up being a bad O2 and a bad install location for the LPFP. Nothing to do with the kit. I'm still running off the shelf now and the car is running well. The fact that you are selling turbo kits and telling people your kit is going to work well and produce 600whp with an OTS tune is a bit scary. I guess people can do whatever they want. Thankfully Terry will be there for support. I'd personally rather have a custom flash tune along with boost control, but hey, that's just me I guess.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    FFTEC kit, 62mm, daily driver tune @ 21psi on crap 91 CA gas and meth i. 520 awhp on FFTEC's mustang dyno. Hopefully getting another dyno on 109 and higher boost while in Idaho in a couple weeks.
    07 e90 335xi Monaco Blue | FFTEC/Vishnu Single Turbo | Procede Rev 3 | Spec Stage 2+ Clutch | Spec Aluminum Flywheel | ETS FMIC | HKS Legamax Exhaust | Vishnu PWM Meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by idspeedskater Click here to enlarge
    FFTEC kit, 62mm, daily driver tune @ 21psi on crap 91 CA gas and meth i. 520 awhp on FFTEC's mustang dyno. Hopefully getting another dyno on 109 and higher boost while in Idaho in a couple weeks.
    Any practice launching yet? I'm curious to start seeing some Xi's like yours hit the track and see what kinda 60ft you can pull. Don't be shy to start a thread and show that thing off over here man! haha

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

San Antonio, TX
    Damn, welcome to the forum. I was just in SA for the 4th, river walk was busy busy. If you end up with the BB flash and wanna play on a dyno I'd happily accompany if my schedule allows.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Well yeah, it "worked" fine. That doesn't mean it's the best it could be out of the box. I'm not really sure what you're implying by not working on my kit out of the box. I've only flashed my car twice, the initial flash, and then made a minor fuel scalar change when Terry and I were trouble shooting. It ended up being a bad O2 and a bad install location for the LPFP. Nothing to do with the kit. I'm still running off the shelf now and the car is running well. The fact that you are selling turbo kits and telling people your kit is going to work well and produce 600whp with an OTS tune is a bit scary. I guess people can do whatever they want. Thankfully Terry will be there for support. I'd personally rather have a custom flash tune along with boost control, but hey, that's just me I guess.
    You are right to a certain extent. If you're not able to log and monitor your own car to make sure all is working well, then this is not the kit for you. I highly doubt if anyone going to that level is not going to log their car.

Well we are not in the tuning business however, I'll tell you from our point of view and why we stand by Terrys product at BMS. I am able to monitor and log my car with the JB4 with out any problems or isues. Custom maps eh, no you're right it is off the shelf but looks to work perfectly fine. It works very well with the JB4, that's what @Terry@BMS made it to do.

As you said yourself, you can do whatever you want with tuning. We just recommend the JB4 and can help you set that up with our kit. Nothing will be as smooth as a full custom map detailed for that gas/psi and mods you have on the car. I'm not disagreeing with you there man, I've had custom maps on my last car and that was a whole nother story of logging.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by idspeedskater Click here to enlarge
    All you guys are up north... Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

From what I am seeing everyone is either in CA, FL, NY, and TX. It will be soon I'll be in TN/LA
    2007 335i MT E92

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the input on tuning guys. I will probably go with COBB backend ST flash for now until I can get a BT cable. Is the one on the forum still legit or does someone have an updated one?

Damn, welcome to the forum. I was just in SA for the 4th, river walk was busy busy. If you end up with the BB flash and wanna play on a dyno I'd happily accompany if my schedule allows.
    Yeah the riverwalk is always slammed this time of year. I will probably end up with the BB flash but for now go with what I have. This is my first BMW but I came from the Subaru world and did 3 different cars and had nothing but great tunes from COBB so I'm kinda partial. I did have a Stage 2+ tune with COBB and then went to JB4 planning on a single. With the same mods, my COBB tune with FBO vs JB4 definitely pulled harder and was smoother. This is purely from a driving perspective not in terms of a map readout.

I'd personally rather have a custom flash tune along with boost control, but hey, that's just me I guess.
    I feel the same way. I'll probably end up trying both and see what works better performance and monitor wise and go with that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TVPhoto Click here to enlarge
    From what I am seeing everyone is either in CA, FL, NY, and TX. It will be soon I'll be in TN/LA
    One just moved from FL to MO.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

FFTEC kit, in NJ.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blaizon Click here to enlarge
    FFTEC kit, in NJ.
    What turbo are you running?
    2007 335i MT E92

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TVPhoto Click here to enlarge
    What turbo are you running?
    6266 gen 2, divided 1.0 a/r, ported S cover.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

FFTEC 5858 kit to be delivered this coming up week.
    07 335i FFTEC 600 Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Awaiting FFTEC Top Mount Kit-E92 335i pt5862
    JB4 G5 iso,BB Flash Race Map,Devils Own meth kit W/DO14 nozzle & 4-AN SS lines, BMS OCC,BMS DCI, AR DP's, HPF FMIC, ER CP, Tial BOV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

To all ST owners, how is the daily drive-ability with the ST (i.e., below 4000 RPM)?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast