Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Do it right the first time, use 316 sch10.
    316?

Isn't 304/304L better than 316/316L for a high temp turbo manifold? (better at handling heat) plus being cheaper. I'm assuming at sch10 or thicker though, the 316 would be fine if at hand?

ED:

pic on page 2 of the work starting... that merge looks pretty short and sudden?
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    316?

Isn't 304/304L better than 316/316L for a high temp turbo manifold? (better at handling heat) plus being cheaper. I'm assuming at sch10 or thicker though, the 316 would be fine if at hand?

ED:

pic on page 2 of the work starting... that merge looks pretty short and sudden?

Not exactly sure to be honest on all metals. I just know 321 is the edt with heat and i could use a thinner tube. However it would need a support for the turbo. We are using the 316 sch40 for heat and the heavy-duty like that it has. It is a very strong manifold. The runners kinda look like stock turbo size do it should be okay.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

*puts flame-suit on*

Here's some more pics.....

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    -'09 135i MT - Custom 6466 ST - 680whp Click here to enlarge
    -'08 135i AT - 6466 ST - dead
    -'97 318is - Daily
    -'82 320i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thats was fast! As far as the other stuff ehhh... your wallet ..your worries. . Keep the picks coming its looking good.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sigma 3 Click here to enlarge
    Thats was fast! As far as the other stuff ehhh... your wallet ..your worries. . Keep the picks coming its looking good.
    Thanks! Hopefully can have the 16g manifold completed this weekend. Then we can start on a jig and get measurements for the downpipe, dump tubes, and intercooler piping so I can order everything else needed Monday.
    -'09 135i MT - Custom 6466 ST - 680whp Click here to enlarge
    -'08 135i AT - 6466 ST - dead
    -'97 318is - Daily
    -'82 320i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

+1

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Nobody should flame you for doing your own thing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Nobody is flaming anyone, its called frustration like trying to stop your buddy from getting into his car and driving wasted, then watching him put it into another car pulling away from the bar. Its one thing to have someone bring you something done wrong and then explain to them why its wrong, its a whole other, for that person to step up, ask people with experience what is the best route to take, everyone tries to help them out, and they ignore it and do it wrong anyways. I know people will say there is no wrong or right way. Maybe in some things, but for a turbo manifold and most fabrication in general, there is a 100% wrong way to do things, a 100% right way to do things, and a lot of grey area in between. Making a manifold out of that 16G tubing is the 100% wrong way to do it. If its just for jigging purposes, that is fully acceptable, but if it is ran on the car, it will fail and fail quickly, with possible catastrophic results.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Followed my buddy home from the shop after getting VTT stage 2! I watched as they started smoking/failing/blowing-up/sh*ting-out/f*cking-up lol didnt last 10miles! talk about catastrophic results

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Nobody is flaming anyone, its called frustration like trying to stop your buddy from getting into his car and driving wasted, then watching him put it into another car pulling away from the bar. Its one thing to have someone bring you something done wrong and then explain to them why its wrong, its a whole other, for that person to step up, ask people with experience what is the best route to take, everyone tries to help them out, and they ignore it and do it wrong anyways. I know people will say there is no wrong or right way. Maybe in some things, but for a turbo manifold and most fabrication in general, there is a 100% wrong way to do things, a 100% right way to do things, and a lot of grey area in between. Making a manifold out of that 16G tubing is the 100% wrong way to do it. If its just for jigging purposes, that is fully acceptable, but if it is ran on the car, it will fail and fail quickly, with possible catastrophic results.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I'm just sharing "catastrophic results" stories.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Random^ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    you mad brah?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

anymore random dyno-sheets out tha blue.......off google lol?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Enough.
    All cleaned up for you, lets hope you are turning over a new leaf as far as back and forth in threads, and I will follow the same path.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    All cleaned up for you, lets hope you are turning over a new leaf as far as back and forth in threads, and I will follow the same path.
    Tony I kindly ask that you leave forum policies and moderation to me. I do not interfere in your business practices and ask for the same courtesy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Tony I kindly ask that you leave forum policies and moderation to me. I do not interfere in your business practices and ask for the same courtesy.
    Um, no idea what you are talking about. You said enough, I kindly went back and cleaned it up for you. My comment was pretty clear, it seems like you are wanting to stop the back and forth in other peoples threads by your request of enough, so I agreed and said I will follow the same path.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Cool.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good luck.

This thread would get a ton of laughs on turbo fabrication threads on various forums.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by aa87 Click here to enlarge
    Good luck.

This thread would get a ton of laughs on turbo fabrication threads on various forums.
    So what? Let people do whatever they want with their time and money.

The one thing you can always count on automotive forums for is discouragement.

Let him learn his own way.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

So what? Let people do whatever they want with their time and money.

The one thing you can always count on automotive forums for is discouragement.

Let him learn his own way.
    This makes zero sense. The very definition of this forum is people with more experience helping other people who may not have it, this prevents people from learning "the hard way". To come to a forum ask for advice, then ignore the advice in my opinion is backwards. Its like taking the time to sign up for a welding class at your local Community college, asking the instructor questions about how you should tackle your project, then promptly ignoring what he tellls you. What was the point of signing up in the first place? So you can learn your own way? You can learn your own way, by just sitting in your garage and welding stuff together. Internet car forums, have taken out the learn from your mistakes addage, as you can learn from others mistakes, and not make them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

This makes zero sense. The very definition of this forum is people with more experience helping other people who may not have it, this prevents people from learning "the hard way". To come to a forum ask for advice, then ignore the advice in my opinion is backwards. Its like taking the time to sign up for a welding class at your local Community college, asking the instructor questions about how you should tackle your project, then promptly ignoring what he tellls you. What was the point of signing up in the first place? So you can learn your own way? You can learn your own way, by just sitting in your garage and welding stuff together. Internet car forums, have taken out the learn from your mistakes addage, as you can learn from others mistakes, and not make them.
    People already told him what they think he should do, right? He decided to go ahead his own way.

There is nothing further that can be done. If you or others think he is going about it wrong if things don't work out we should all be there to advise him at that point. We can not control him but we can be positive.

So what? Let him do things his own way. Others can learn from watching this unfold. Good for him, do your thing bro.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

hehehehhehehehe kaboom
    '08 535xi - fbo

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast