Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

10 out of 11 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

135i 5862 top mount (100-200)

FFTEC top mount 5862, jb4 map2 17psi,
    i think the throttle closed few times in the run..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Umm so my neck hurts now watching that lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why isn't the dash setup to show boost on fuel and timing on oil when at WOT??
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    outside temp 100 f..
    Last edited by 135idct; 07-08-2014 at 05:22 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Why isn't the dash setup to show boost on fuel and timing on oil when at WOT??
    no need to switch the dash, they r more accurate from the log, also while accelerating i can't focus on the timing, boost and the street at the same time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks quick!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135idct Click here to enlarge
    no need to switch the dash, they r more accurate from the log, also while accelerating i can't focus on the timing, boost and the street at the same time.

watching timing real time is a great way to know if things are remotely happy , do you log every single time you drive you car?
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Not that fast though, are you going to crank up the boost ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    why would someone neg rep this? Is the kool aid really so sweet that the truth deserves neg reps? LOL
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    why would someone neg rep this? Is the kool aid really so sweet that the truth deserves neg reps? LOL
    lol, no idea, someone negged the first post too....da fuq?

I mean I keep my boost on fuel and timing on oil but I'm not going to neg someone that doesn't....LMAO
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lfelunden Click here to enlarge
    Not that fast though, are you going to crank up the boost ?
    sure

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    sure
    Awesome! I'm glad to see you out there enjoying the car!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

FFTEC top mount 5862, jb4 map2 17psi,
    i think the throttle closed few times in the run..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL9fLQVbJaI
    Excellent time
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MikeB@FFTEC Click here to enlarge
    Awesome! I'm glad to see you out there enjoying the car!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's good to have the data there, even if you don't want to look at it while racing, we could see it in the video. Click here to enlarge

Once you get used to it its easy to peek and see how things are going. With the new timing 2-6 we set it up to show the lowest timing advance in dash as well. The real time in dash gauges are really indispensable once you're used to them.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    watching timing real time is a great way to know if things are remotely happy , do you log every single time you drive you car?
    People like you and me like to keep an eye on knock but with a single kit everyone needs to keep an eye on boost. It's too easy for a vacuum line to pop off, break, or go awry causing 30psi boost spikes. The JB4 will close the throttle and do its best to save you but nothing beats the peace of mind you get from seeing that boost needle sit exactly where it should be sitting. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    With the new timing 2-6 we set it up to show the lowest timing advance in dash as well. The real time in dash gauges are really indispensable once you're used to them.
    Wow thats so badass Terry. Cant wait to give it a try Click here to enlarge
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's good to have the data there, even if you don't want to look at it while racing, we could see it in the video. Click here to enlarge

Once you get used to it its easy to peek and see how things are going. With the new timing 2-6 we set it up to show the lowest timing advance in dash as well. The real time in dash gauges are really indispensable once you're used to them.
    Terry if you set Timing on Oil with the new firmware, does it automatically show the lowest timing out of all cylinders on there or is there somewhere in the settings to enable that?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

You need to enable cyl 2-6 logging and then it shows lowest in dash by default.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    lol, no idea, someone negged the first post too....da fuq?

I mean I keep my boost on fuel and timing on oil but I'm not going to neg someone that doesn't....LMAO
    I just think whenever doing pulls eyes should be focused solely on the road, especially when talking about the speeds a single turbo car can hit in a short amount of time. Just grab a log every week or so(or if something has changed.)
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    I just think whenever doing pulls eyes should be focused solely on the road, especially when talking about the speeds a single turbo car can hit in a short amount of time. Just grab a log every week or so(or if something has changed.)
    I agree to a point, but when you get used to seeing something you can catch a gauge out of place out of the corner of your eye fairly easily. Anyway, I'll be switching soon, will need to figure something out for gauges. Wish a digital HUD was an option.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

1 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    In my opinion in dash gauges are useless while driving a car with any sort of power. You need to see boost in real time this is not in question, but looking down at hi jacked fuel gauge is 100% not the way to do this. Buy a real boost gauge and mount it in line of site so you can actually monitor what your car is doing without taking your eyes off the road. If you want the ultimate real time monitoring tool buy a Cobb AP V3 and have SIX real gauges of your choice in your line of site, not a fuel gauge with some graduated lines on it that is supposed to be boost. People spend all this money to build a turbo car and want to rely on a hijacked fuel gauge for boost monitoring?? While you are it, get the next most important parameter to monitor when running a high power turbo motor and get an EGT gauge. Not a single person I have seen except us is monitoring EGT. Makes no sense to me. My .02

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    In my opinion in dash gauges are useless while driving a car with any sort of power. You need to see boost in real time this is not in question, but looking down at hi jacked fuel gauge is 100% not the way to do this. Buy a real boost gauge and mount it in line of site so you can actually monitor what your car is doing without taking your eyes off the road. If you want the ultimate real time monitoring tool buy a Cobb AP V3 and have SIX real gauges of your choice in your line of site, not a fuel gauge with some graduated lines on it that is supposed to be boost. People spend all this money to build a turbo car and want to rely on a hijacked fuel gauge for boost monitoring?? While you are it, get the next most important parameter to monitor when running a high power turbo motor and get an EGT gauge. Not a single person I have seen except us is monitoring EGT. Makes no sense to me. My .02
    I have the p3 guage that monitors boost, egt, afr, ignt timing, throttle, ait, etc. It's great! Not in the line of sight exactly since it fits in the left vent, but the numbers are digital, large, and easy to read. IMO Afr is just as important....
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    I have the p3 guage that monitors boost, egt, afr, ignt timing, throttle, ait, etc. It's great! Not in the line of sight exactly since it fits in the left vent, but the numbers are digital, large, and easy to read. IMO Afr is just as important....
    The P3 gauges are nice, I do like them. I will say that the EGT values the DME is sending back is not real EGT and are actually a pretty useless number, to see real EGT you need to mount a probe in the exhaust as close to the exhaust valve as you can get it, on a turbo car this means pre turbo, on a SC car like yours, this means in one of the header tubes right after the head. This is critical information for a turbocharged car, on a SC car not as important so you are fine with the P3 and all the other info its giving you is pretty accurate, we only rely on analog boost gauges when monitoring high boost / big power builds, what the DME is sending you for boost may not always be accurate, a line plumbed into the manifold will always be.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

If you like the OEM look (as I do) gauge hijacking is a must. I'm done with a $#@!load of guages in my nice looking interior. Keeps the steaalth factor up as well, especially me living in nyc and parking my ride in valet all the time. Guage hijacking is a nice tool that you can glance at quickly as with any sort of guage.

Now give me a way to hijack the navi screen to output guage info and I'll be the happiest mofo around!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast