Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    This is @Linracing kit. Not too much info on it though. @VargasTurboTech. This is a manifold that was copied more like the FFTEC kit than ours. What do you think about this design? No comments from me.
    I am staying out of this one, Linracing was one of our biggest trolls for a while. When they first showed up they wanted to buy flanges from us then flaked out on payment, after that he trolled almost every single post we made hard, then out of nowhere 2 months later, he is back in our posts congratulating us and being generally cordial. No idea where any of it came from and it really isn't a big deal. No comment on manifold design or price.

Edit: Just read the rest of the stuff about the shady tatics he is using, if this doesn't scare anyone away from this kit not sure what else will.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well this is not the kind of pattern that instills confidence.

I certainly hope people read this thread. This kit isn't going to be peddled here.
    Is there a way to verify that linracing is infact these other people? IP check?

This really seems pretty $#@!ty.

Nvm I see that its a matching number here

He said he took screen shots of the website but didn't post them, also people said he was issuing refunds in the same thread
    Last edited by Legionofboom; 07-13-2014 at 03:59 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

haha the internet is great, here is the guys house.

https://www.google.ca/maps/preview?q...rce=newuser-ws

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
    haha the internet is great, here is the guys house.

https://www.google.ca/maps/preview?q...rce=newuser-ws
    I don't think this kind of thing is necessary. The thread is enough.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Crazy, I never knew that stuff. That's the stuff we need to know and watch out for over here. 6k going to some guy that you don't know anything about to build a kit is pretty scary.
    I agree I would hate to put 6k into a kit with this kind of background. I would stay as far away from this kit as I could unless I lived local to him and also had direct info as to where the business location was so if I had any issues with welds, fitment, anything I could attempt to resolve them. The easiest way to avoid any issues is to spend $1-3k more and buy your Ventura Motorsports kit, FFTEC, Vargas Stage 3, etc.

Well this is not the kind of pattern that instills confidence.

I certainly hope people read this thread. This kit isn't going to be peddled here.
    Glad to hear Click here to enlarge

Can you please post proof of this statement, you said you looked it up and Im not doubting you, but those are bold claims.

What scams was he doing selling plasti dip? Fake Plasti dip?
    No scams involved with Plastidip. Just do some reading and searching you will find out what I am talking about. I have been scammed from him when I was buying parts for a local friend. I got scammed bc nothing was sent out after the payment and I had to eat it up even though I was trying to help out a close friend and not make a single penny. It left a bitter taste in my mouth since I was trying to help someone fronting the cost of parts but it backfired and I had to eat up the loss since my friend never paid me.

Is there a way to verify that linracing is infact these other people? IP check?

This really seems pretty $#@!ty.

Nvm I see that its a matching number here

He said he took screen shots of the website but didn't post them, also people said he was issuing refunds in the same thread
    There are many more threads about his scamming elsewhere. He has a long history and record of doing the same things. I just didnt want to post the threads from e90post on here bc usually Sticky will delete them. Ask Sticky what his old usernames and IP addresses were, that will show you exactly what I am talking about.
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

@Charrigan was another member with a similar story. Fortunately he received a refund for the DP's, I think...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

@j_hynson as anyone warned this guy? I hope he didn't deposit money already for this kit.
    @TVPhoto I guess this answers your question
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    J_hynson sent me a link to this thread this last night. To clear things up, lin is NOT the owner of znsperformance. Lin helped us and provided his car as a test car for our prototype kit. J_hynson is doing a full review on our kit soon. This needed to be cleared up.

Our team here at zns is small and we aren't making much from this top mount kit. We have since acquired a 135i to build abottom mount kit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Glad that was cleared up. Looking forward to the full review.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, DCI, 7" FMIC, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NJrep335i Click here to enlarge
    @Charrigan was another member with a similar story. Fortunately he received a refund for the DP's, I think...
    @NJrep335i

i completely forgot about that fiasco! Thanks for reminding me. I didn't put this together it was the same guy. I ended up getting a refund from PayPal and they supposedly locked his account. Unfortunately for him the same day he sent me a refund from a 2nd PayPal account and I got double my money back. lol. I emailed him and tried to make it right and give him the money that was double refunded and I got no reply. Unfortunately others weren't so lucky in getting any form of money back.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by znsperformance Click here to enlarge
    J_hynson sent me a link to this thread this last night. To clear things up, lin is NOT the owner of znsperformance. Lin helped us and provided his car as a test car for our prototype kit. J_hynson is doing a full review on our kit soon. This needed to be cleared up.

Our team here at zns is small and we aren't making much from this top mount kit. We have since acquired a 135i to build abottom mount kit.
    Well this is good to know. Do you plan on becoming a supporting vendor here? Have you guys made your name on any other platforms?
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by znsperformance Click here to enlarge

Is he involved in any way with business operations? Any way at all? Why has he been portraying himself somewhat differently here regarding business development regarding this kit?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

LIN has no ownership in ZNS... his was one of the first cars the kit was tried on...people need to get their $#@! straight

My kit should be arriving here in the next week or so.. Keith was even nice enough to pay for over night shipping once its done and has been sending me pictures of all the progress.

Even on my thread its ridiculous with all the $#@! talking that's been going on from all the better known "professional" vendors just because VNS is the new kid on the block producing similar products.

all I have I have to say is when I produce the same "dyno numbers" that these other kits produce im going to be doing a lot of calling out to all the people who talked $#@! on the competition and a lot of bragging about how much money I didn't spend to produce the same results. Ill probably get banned but whatever

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by j_hynson Click here to enlarge
    all I have I have to say is when I produce the same "dyno numbers" that these other kits produce im going to be doing a lot of calling out to all the people who talked $#@! on the competition and a lot of bragging about how much money I didn't spend to produce the same results. Ill probably get banned but whatever
    Yeah no doubt. I'm pretty sure you'll get banned for dyno numbers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

For the record linracing was placed in a guest vendor account for advertising these kits with links through PM's. So I don't understand the 'no involvement' at this point.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yeah no doubt. I'm pretty sure you'll get banned for dyno numbers.
    was referring to calling out the certain vendors and more well known members...not the dyno numbers...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

For the record linracing was placed in a guest vendor account for advertising these kits with links through PM's. So I don't understand the 'no involvement' at this point.
    this was the exact email I just received a few hours ago.

Yes we just tried setting up an account to clear
    up some information they habe about our business. Lin aka (linracing) is NOT
    the owner of our business his car was one of the first cars tested and he worked
    closely with us on the kit. Now they are stating lin is the owner which is
    just stupid and the admin will not even activate our account so we can correct
    this.
    "

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

@Sticky you yourself have even shown that some stuff in this thread has been pretty ridiculous. im just adding my piece.

Anyways so far I have had a very pleasing experience with ZNS performance. sorry for those who haven't..

still no reason for "professional vendors" to act the way they have recently

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Won't activate? They just posted... was someone not aware the world cup final was on?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky2 Click here to enlarge
    Won't activate? They just posted... was someone not aware the world cup final was on?
    lol you mean the competition where all the soccer players/fans come together to see who can cry the most.

was a hell of a game though. glad I had a chance to watch it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good point Sticky. It is kind of weird why Lin was trying to advertise a product if he's not part of ZNS. Anyways, good luck to all future customers that consider this product!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by j_hynson Click here to enlarge
    was referring to calling out the certain vendors and more well known members...not the dyno numbers...
    I was referring to the absurdity of your ban statement.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Wrong guy to use as a test car ZNS, But we figured out how he paid for it!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I guess we all shall wait and see thenClick here to enlarge
    2007 335i MT E92
    JB4 G5 / BB Flash / Spec 2+ SMFW / AR DP / CPE FMIC
    BMS DCI / BMS OCC / RB PCV / Muffler Delete
    ST Coilovers / VMR VB3 / Nitto NT555

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

He was probably going to get a cut of every kit that he sold himself. No one advertises and tries to sell a product for free unless they are getting a kick back.
    E92 Bren Tune
    E91 Stock
    E90 PTF Tune

Mod lists are for the weak.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast