Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Almost positive you'll throw a code with these. Same with any catless setup. Unless Gintani has figured out an 02 sim or a tune to go along with it? I see the rear 02s are kinda set a little ways off the pipe out of the direct airstream...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jeffman Click here to enlarge
    Gintani, Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would think any catless downpipe on an F80/F82 will throw a CEL. "ILLEGAL IN 50 STATES." You'll need a downpipe fix for emissions readiness, no?
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrianSpilner Click here to enlarge
    That's precisely where I was getting at. I want to order these, but am waiting for the rest of their exhaust to be made and make sure no CEL errors occur.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    Almost positive you'll throw a code with these. Same with any catless setup. Unless Gintani has figured out an 02 sim or a tune to go along with it? I see the rear 02s are kinda set a little ways off the pipe out of the direct airstream...
    Our first set we installed on our test car has put on approximately 350+ miles without a CEL light coming on. We've made our o2 sensor bungs on our down pipes with a special design which we have been testing on our M5 and M6 for a while now with no CEL lights appearing. Now, we are testing them on the M3 and pretty confident the results should be the same as our M5/M6. That being said, there is still no 100% guarantee of a CEL not appearing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sales@Gintani.com Click here to enlarge
    Our first set we installed on our test car has put on approximately 350+ miles without a CEL light coming on. We've made our o2 sensor bungs on our down pipes with a special design which we have been testing on our M5 and M6 for a while now with no CEL lights appearing. Now, we are testing them on the M3 and pretty confident the results should be the same as our M5/M6. That being said, there is still no 100% guarantee of a CEL not appearing.
    Obviously, without cats, these are intended for "off road use only." Let's be real guys...
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Obviously, without cats, these are intended for "off road use only." Let's be real guys...
    what are you getting at here?

'Off road use only' sure keep up with the legal jargon, but I think I remember Shiv going to a Smog station in CA with catless downpipes in an N54 equipped car with the stock secondaries still in place...and the car passed with flying colors.

Being 8 years later since that car came out, Im sure BMW has become ever more stringent in keeping emissions low. With stock mid-pipes left in place, Im sure this car would pass any tailpipe sniffer with ease. Here in NY we get a plug-in OBD scan for any car over 2 years old, anything under 2 years old gets a $10 safety sticker and you're on your way.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

sounds great with the downpipes, an upgrade over the stock exhaust noise IMHO.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Here is a picture of six sets we shipped out today:

Click here to enlarge

We are going to begin building another batch of 10 starting today. PM me if you want to be in this batch before they sell out again. Thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    I hate the price gauging (sic), however.
    Gauging or gouging? Don't give up your ESL classes!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

We have a few sets available ready to be shipped out or picked up. Let me know if you are interested, thank you!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

got to see these in person finally...amazing. and your way of getting around the CEL is genius Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    got to see these in person finally...amazing. and your way of getting around the CEL is genius Click here to enlarge
    What is the CEL solution?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What is the CEL solution?
    That is what I would like to know. Also any real world experience from owners on CEL solution?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

its exactly how Gintani has stated. I think Sal from ACM has a set in his car already, no tune and no codes either.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    That is what I would like to know. Also any real world experience from owners on CEL solution?
    From what I hear this solution has caused no CEL's. It's also relatively simple.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123