Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrianSpilner Click here to enlarge
    Why are there only 2 bungs for O2 sensors; shouldn't there be 4 (Primary and Secondary)?
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Wouldn't they be on the secondary cats?
    Secondary cats are located in the mid-section of the exhaust.

Great news! After a team meeting, we have run the numbers a few times and decided to lower the price to $1195 + shipping.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Photos of the OEM cats? I was curious what they look like inside!
    What's your email?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sales@Gintani.com Click here to enlarge
    What's your email?
    terry@burgertuning.com
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Got photos, thanks!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Guys mind posting them? Maybe in a new thread?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Guys mind posting them? Maybe in a new thread?
    They made like 23 hp and 35wtq with DP only no tune. Looks very good!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    They made like 23 hp and 35wtq with DP only no tune. Looks very good!
    I was asking about photos of the OEM cats but yes that's good too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Gintani downpipe catless dyno results for F80/F82 M3/M4 S55 turbocharged 3.0 liter inline-6

Gintani recently released their aftermarket downpipes for the BMW M S55 engine currently used in the new F80 M3 and F82 M4. We now have dyno results to go along with pictures of the pipes themselves and the pipes alone make a nice difference on car. Keep in mind these dyno results are from the Gintani Dyno Dynamics dynamometer and considering the baseline peak horsepower figure of 393 to the wheels the dyno is reading lower than the more common Dynojet.

Click here to enlarge

How much power and torque do the downpipes add? Peak horsepower increases by 19 wheel horsepower and peak torque increases by 11 lb-ft. As is usual with turbocharged BMW motors the peak figures do not tell the whole story. Looking at the curve 35 lb-ft of torque at the wheels is gained at 3300 rpm and 23 horsepower at the wheels is gained at 6400 rpm.

Click here to enlarge

The curve is interesting in that the majority of the gains come down low and up top. The mid range is basically unchanged. It would be interesting to see the result of a tune added on top of these pipes.

Pictures and further details below.

Retail: $1195 + shipping

• Made in the USA
    • US 304 Stainless Steel
    • Hand TIG Welded
    • Lifetime warranty on all welds
    • Improved throttle and turbo response
    • 100% perfect fitment and space for O2 sensors
    • For off-road use only; not 50 state legal

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sales@Gintani.com Click here to enlarge
    You simply cannot compare the N54 (7 year old platform) to the new F8X M3/M4. Although we do not own the new M4, it still costs us time and money to perform R&D on a customer's car. Who says we are complaining? We're thankful to have someone help us develop new parts for the platform and only stating our perspective to clarify our pricing.
    of course you can!

not for all things, of course, but downpipes are downpipes.. some tube and some welding. $1200 would get you a reputable fab shop one-off job, and change.. installed.

can't complain though, first to market, charge whatever people will pay, make your money that way.

the biggest problem with going in high is, you can't compete when identical or better, cheaper options come to market.. which will happen.. all you have to go off then, is brand name.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    gitani stock 393whp

terry stock 427whp ...

Gentlemen do not understand anything, you Americans always with his crazy numbers Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by carcars Click here to enlarge
    gitani stock 393whp

terry stock 427whp ...

Gentlemen do not understand anything, you Americans always with his crazy numbers Click here to enlarge
    It's pretty simple actually, not all dynos read the same. First it's important to make a baseline completely stock, then do a run with the altered hardware or software to see the gains or losses.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    gitani stock 393whp

terry stock 427whp ...

This was already explained and I can't believe anyone who reads this site regularly still doesn't understand that dyno's vary.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    30whp difference seems to me much difference.
    in Spain I measured my power and that can vary from bank to bank depending on bond 30whp place but many ...
    can put a less expresar reputation for what I think
    Good night from Spain
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    30whp difference seems to me much difference.
    in Spain I measured my power and that can vary from bank to bank depending on bond 30whp place but many ...
    can put a less expresar reputation for what I think
    Good night from Spain
    It's a different car man with a different dyno.

This motor will get more with just pipes than yours will as it is moving much more air to begin with. Not to mention BMW restricts them quite a bit for emissions purposes so there is a lot to gain in breathing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I understand that all friend
    2 weeks ago I was lucky enough to tour bmw m a whole day on track with m3 / m4 m5 / 6 M135i m235i
    I can only say I was very surprised the new m3 / 4 on the track is a true track car when the controls are off.
    others at normal driving seems very bored all the time controlled by the controls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Secondary cats are located in the mid-section of the exhaust.

Great news! After a team meeting, we have run the numbers a few times and decided to lower the price to $1195 + shipping.
    But what about this: aren't those the primaries and secondaries on the actual downpipes?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    of course you can!

not for all things, of course, but downpipes are downpipes.. some tube and some welding. $1200 would get you a reputable fab shop one-off job, and change.. installed.

can't complain though, first to market, charge whatever people will pay, make your money that way.

the biggest problem with going in high is, you can't compete when identical or better, cheaper options come to market.. which will happen.. all you have to go off then, is brand name.
    If you are unhappy with our price, you can find your own reputable fab shop or another company for your DPs.

But what about this: aren't those the primaries and secondaries on the actual downpipes?

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...ne01Copy-1.jpg
    Those are both the primaries. The secondary cats are in the mid-section of the exhaust. There are 4 cats total on the F8X M3/M4.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's awesome, good job guys. And that sound is nice too. Really liking where things are going on this car already. We'll be pushing 575 whp by year's end at this rate :p

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Those are both the primaries. The secondary cats are in the mid-section of the exhaust. There are 4 cats total on the F8X M3/M4.
    So basically you don't need all 4 primaries, just 2? And this won't cause any Check Engine Lights?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So basically you don't need all 4 primaries, just 2? And this won't cause any Check Engine Lights?
    4 primaries? Gintani just explained this there are 2 primaries (one in each down pipe off the turbos) and 2 secondaries located downstream in the mid pipes. The catless downpipes just delete the 2 primaries and secondary are left in place. An aftermarket mid pipe will replace the secondaries later on pretty normal setup

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looking good. Nice craftmanship.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

F80 Downpipes, CEL and O2 Readiness

Gintani, Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would think any catless downpipe on an F80/F82 will throw a CEL. "ILLEGAL IN 50 STATES." You'll need a downpipe fix for emissions readiness, no?
    2008 E90 335xi AT 58K MILES - FAILING XFER CASE MOUNT
    MHD CUSTOM E50, N20 TMAP, FUEL-IT TBI & STG 2 LPFP, cPE CHARGE PIPE, HELIX IC, FORGE DV, BMS DCI, BMS T-STAT DELETE, BMS OCC, RB PCV, KW-V1 COILOVERS, APEX ARC-8, 235/265 MICHELIN PSS, ALPINA B3 TCU, SCOOPSClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jeffman Click here to enlarge
    Gintani, Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would think any catless downpipe on an F80/F82 will throw a CEL. "ILLEGAL IN 50 STATES." You'll need a downpipe fix for emissions readiness, no?
    That's precisely where I was getting at. I want to order these, but am waiting for the rest of their exhaust to be made and make sure no CEL errors occur.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast