Close

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 277
  1. #126
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    225
    Rep Points
    0.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rawad1017 Click here to enlarge
    lmao just because sticky stands behind the s65 doesn't mean the debate has to end

    debates are nice you're supposed to keep going and going lol
    Feel free to send me a S85 as well!

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    1,082
    Rep Points
    916.9
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by B00stGeek Click here to enlarge
    Feel free to send me a S85 as well!
    you don't want none of that turbo s85 action once that hits the market
    '08 535xi - fbo

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    225
    Rep Points
    0.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rawad1017 Click here to enlarge
    you don't want none of that turbo s85 action once that hits the market
    Can't argue with that. It will be one amazing machine when it does come forth. But it may be a while before they are cranking out 1000whp turbo S85s.

  4. #129
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    1,082
    Rep Points
    916.9
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw>benz Click here to enlarge
    Yea its your site, so do with it what you will. Just saying you look ridiculous. I could argue about 90% of your arguments if I thought it was worth the time. But in the end, you are the kind of person who will refuse to admit defeat.
    please do argue, thats the whole point of him saying the "absurd" things he says..
    '08 535xi - fbo

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    1,082
    Rep Points
    916.9
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by B00stGeek Click here to enlarge
    Can't argue with that. It will be one amazing machine when it does come forth. But it may be a while before they are cranking out 1000whp turbo S85s.
    hopefully I'll have the money to do it by the time it eventually does come out lol
    '08 535xi - fbo

  6. #131
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw>benz Click here to enlarge
    1. In regards to lap times. You are comparing apples and oranges. Your comparing a base f80/82 to an e46 m3 csl. The CSL is a lightweight race car with MICHELIN CUP TIRES. Have you seen the tread on those things? Half the interior is carbon fiber. No $#@! it beats the new m3/m4. Nothing to do with motor. Argument invalid.
    This does not change the fact the E46 and E92 both lapped quicker. Since you do not post here that often you probably do not know that members were telling me there is no way an E92 can beat the F80. Well, a stock one did. That point ultimately being that the S54 and S65 are very, very capable roadcourse motors. Frankly, they're better in this respect.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw>benz Click here to enlarge
    2. In regards to your s54 vs s65. You're arguments are based on your ASSUMPTIONS. Fact of the matter is that there isn't an s65 making more power than the s54. As to why that is, all we can do is speculate.
    My argument is based on experience and physics. What, I have to visit the sun to know it's hot? Regardless, my own S65 has beaten turbo S54's. This is a fact.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw>benz Click here to enlarge
    Your arguments and methods of conveying points are childish at most. Grow up. I used to enjoy reading articles on this website but in the past year or so your commentary has ruined it.
    No they are based on a solid foundation that is a combination of studying the BMW aftermarket (did I mention I do this professionally?), experience with the cars in question, and the fact that my examples are all founded in reality and support my position. Childish is the point you are making without any substance to back it up.

    You used to enjoy reading the articles on this website? Well guess who writes them? You should probably get back to reading rather than writing.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw>benz Click here to enlarge
    Yea its your site, so do with it what you will. Just saying you look ridiculous. I could argue about 90% of your arguments if I thought it was worth the time. But in the end, you are the kind of person who will refuse to admit defeat.
    No what I look like is someone who isn't going to put down other cars simply because a new one comes out that has gains from a tune. Childish and ridiculous is making claims like the S54, S65, S85, S38, etc., are obsolete when all of these motors are stronger than the S55 everyone is making a big deal about. What you see here is a childish knee jerk reaction from people who want to specifically be negative and some of them specifically toward me.

    Admit defeat? Yeah, I leave that to you.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by B00stGeek Click here to enlarge
    Feel free to send me a S85 as well!
    If you want to talk strongest M motor that would be it.

    Oh, oh, but the S55 gets 500 whp with a tune! That means its stronger than 5.0 liter V10's that rev to over 8000 rpm. The S55 is picking on UGR Gallardos next, right?

    Holy crap there are some stupid people.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by B00stGeek Click here to enlarge
    The S54 holds the higher trap speed in the roll on events. Lets not kid anyone, things happen at events all the time. Thats why there are many events to attend. You can't continuously go on about 1 event where other cars had issues. Sorry, but I'm not sold. Then at the following event that you didn't show to, the s54 beat all previous trap records. It takes doing something more than once to get the credit you're looking for. You can say that your car had issues too. Yes, we've heard it a million times. Just show up. Quit trying to speculate.

    The weird part is there are built S54s that don't even come. 1100, 1200whp cars. Saad has a built car as well. Man only if you knew. Maybe if there were some type of sponsored event with a huge cash prize, you might get to see them. But as of now, there aren't any s65 even worth the time of day.
    Well I took home the trap speed and roll on trophies while the S54's were there. However, you are right, last time the S54 won that aspect when I was not competing.

    The S65 with equal horsepower will trap higher as this is already demonstrated in my mind. It makes more efficient use of its power partially thanks to being mated to a dual clutch transmission.

    We can not have a perfect comparison due to logistics but you're discounting the S65 and that's fine. My position is quite clear and additionally as stated I have yet to lose to an S54. Even if you are to disagree with me I think you can recognize the S65 is very, very strong. Obsolete? Uh, the S55 can't even show up to these events without getting embarrassed.

    I'll have an event, you're welcome but it's in Cali. As is anyone else who wants to see what obsolete motors can do. Let me put it this way, nobody typing in this thread about an S65 being obsolete can compete with the strongest examples of it. The only thing obsolete now is their idiotic argument.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    181
    Rep Points
    96.8
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Doesn't change the fact, does it? The cars with less power and torque lapped quicker? That should tell you something.

    Race versions? Yeah are these M cars or what? M stands for what? Menstruation according to you. My logic though tells me it stands (stood) for Motorsport.



    I'll say everything I just said and maybe by then it will sink in for you.



    The laughing taking place is from me when you're offering such a poor attempt at a debate. Yes great job understanding how RPM works and how torque not dropping off at a higher redline is a strength. Sorry to burst your bubble but the S65 revs higher with the better curve. That means the same torque at the higher RPM will have more power. Guess what happens when you add forced induction to a motor like that? If you don't get it, you don't get it. Tune the S55 as much as you want it will NEVER CHANGE ANYTHING.



    Read the bold because this is comedy.



    I have the entirety of the history of the BMW aftermarket at my disposal to back me up. Turbo direct injected BMW inline-6's are something new? Guess what most of the discussion here is about? Guess what motors still top the direct injected I6's in performance modification and always will? NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

    That right there is called a fact. If you can't process facts that is your problem and I can't help you. There is no debate here because this is absurdly one-sided and that is not my doing, it's BMW's.
    Good job, another one-sided post with nothing to back it up. The facts are the s55 makes more power and way more torque than an s65 stock, and weighs less. Still don't get it? The s55 has broken 600hp with just e85 and a tune. Do you really thing a supercharged s65 will be able to hang with an s55 with bolt-ons and hybrid turbos/meth? Eventually the s65 will have to be built if you value rod bearings at the very least. At that point you will have spend $10k+ just to match bolt on s55 numbers and won't be able to touch its torque. Once the s55's start getting built with turbo swaps some serious s65 shattering numbers will roll in but who knows we'll just have to wait and see so stop all this speculating bs. It just makes you look like an ignorant child on your own forum.

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sahyoun Click here to enlarge
    Good job, another one-sided post with nothing to back it up.
    Looks like the problem is your reading comprehension.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sahyoun Click here to enlarge
    The facts are the s55 makes more power and way more torque than an s65 stock, and weighs less.
    Show me where the S55 weighs less. BMW has avoided a direct engine weight comparison. You're telling me the S65 that is lighter than the S54 weighs more than a turbocharged S55 with its plumbing and intercoolers that also has worse weight distribution? The weigh figures alone tell me there is more weight on the nose. That weight also isn't sitting as far back as it can't because it is an I6 and not a compact V8. What do you not get?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sahyoun Click here to enlarge
    The s55 has broken 600hp with just e85 and a tune. Do you really thing a supercharged s65 will be able to hang with an s55 with bolt-ons and hybrid turbos/meth?
    Uh a supercharged M3 just went door to door with an M5 making more power than either of these.

    Whoopty doo it makes power with a tune? So what? So freaking what? Who cares? Do you really think an S55 will ever hang with a turbo S65? Do you think it will ever hang with a built motor supercharged S65? What do you not get about the larger and higher revving motor with better volumetric efficiency? Not only will the S65 always make more power but it will do so with less forced air making it more efficient. You don't know what you are talking about.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sahyoun Click here to enlarge
    Eventually the s65 will have to be built if you value rod bearings at the very least. At that point you will have spend $10k+ just to match bolt on s55 numbers and won't be able to touch its torque.
    Oh darn the S54 had rod bearing issues and now regularly puts out double what this S55 you're making a big deal over does. Wow, what a problem. If $10k is too much for you go get a car where you stick with a tune and enjoy your 500 whp.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sahyoun Click here to enlarge
    Once the s55's start getting built with turbo swaps some serious s65 shattering numbers will roll in but who knows we'll just have to wait and see so stop all this speculating bs. It just makes you look like an ignorant child on your own forum.
    Right because we're all going to see the S65 aftermarket stop right in its place just like every BMW M engine has when a new model rolls out. Guess what? Fact is the S65 is making more power and the most on the E9X. I'll personally smack anyone around with an S55 that wants to let a little increased boost go to their head.

    Talk to me when this car does something worth talking about when it comes to the top end of BMW performance. This motor will forever chase the S54.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    181
    Rep Points
    96.8
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This does not change the fact the E46 and E92 both lapped quicker. Since you do not post here that often you probably do not know that members were telling me there is no way an E92 can beat the F80. Well, a stock one did. That point ultimately being that the S54 and S65 are very, very capable roadcourse motors. Frankly, they're better in this respect.



    My argument is based on experience and physics. What, I have to visit the sun to know it's hot? Regardless, my own S65 has beaten turbo S54's. This is a fact.



    No they are based on a solid foundation that is a combination of studying the BMW aftermarket (did I mention I do this professionally?), experience with the cars in question, and the fact that my examples are all founded in reality and support my position. Childish is the point you are making without any substance to back it up.

    You used to enjoy reading the articles on this website? Well guess who writes them? You should probably get back to reading rather than writing.



    No what I look like is someone who isn't going to put down other cars simply because a new one comes out that has gains from a tune. Childish and ridiculous is making claims like the S54, S65, S85, S38, etc., are obsolete when all of these motors are stronger than the S55 everyone is making a big deal about. What you see here is a childish knee jerk reaction from people who want to specifically be negative and some of them specifically toward me.

    Admit defeat? Yeah, I leave that to you.
    Wow you never seize to amaze me with your ignorance. You CANT compare csl and gts times to a normal f80. Under that logic I could say an m4 dtm car will beat a csl or gts around a track since its an f82. If you were to take the e46 csl and lap it with an s65 in it instead then repeat the same test with an s55. The S55 powered one will be the fastest. Do you get it now? Do i need to simplify this further for you to comprehend it? And what physics and experience do you have? Do you work for M and know something about the exact details of the s55 that no one else does? Do you have some sort of engineering background to back up your interpretations? How can you say all these m motors are stronger? You don't know the power capabilities of the s55. So tell me sticky if you have some peak power the motor will take before failing please tell us what that number is and how you got it.

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    181
    Rep Points
    96.8
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Looks like the problem is your reading comprehension.



    Show me where the S55 weighs less. BMW has avoided a direct engine weight comparison. You're telling me the S65 that is lighter than the S54 weighs more than a turbocharged S55 with its plumbing and intercoolers that also has worse weight distribution? The weigh figures alone tell me there is more weight on the nose. That weight also isn't sitting as far back as it can't because it is an I6 and not a compact V8. What do you not get?



    Uh a supercharged M3 just went door to door with an M5 making more power than either of these.

    Whoopty doo it makes power with a tune? So what? So freaking what? Who cares? Do you really think an S55 will ever hang with a turbo S65? Do you think it will ever hang with a built motor supercharged S65? What do you not get about the larger and higher revving motor with better volumetric efficiency? Not only will the S65 always make more power but it will do so with less forced air making it more efficient. You don't know what you are talking about.



    Oh darn the S54 had rod bearing issues and now regularly puts out double what this S55 you're making a big deal over does. Wow, what a problem. If $10k is too much for you go get a car where you stick with a tune and enjoy your 500 whp.



    Right because we're all going to see the S65 aftermarket stop right in its place just like every BMW M engine has when a new model rolls out. Guess what? Fact is the S65 is making more power and the most on the E9X. I'll personally smack anyone around with an S55 that wants to let a little increased boost go to their head.

    Talk to me when this car does something worth talking about when it comes to the top end of BMW performance. This motor will forever chase the S54.
    You don't know what you're talking about man. I posted the link to the article that says it weighs less and you deleted it in the other thread where we argued this. If you actually wanted to know you would have clicked the link and read it, but I guess that requires some sort of brain power which you clearly lack. And saying the m3 beats an m5 with more power means nothing. I hope you realize that the m5 weighs more so all that extra power is just moving mass. Again I don't expect you to understand the simple physics behind it but an m3 is LIGHTER than an m5 so power gains are more dramatic. We are talking about s55 vs s65 so mentioning the m5 is meaningless. My 335i has pulled on an e60 m5 that had more power. Does that mean my n54 is better than an s85?? My point is you'll have to end up spending tons more on an s65 to keep up with the s55. Not to mention, tuning, building, and turbo swapping an already turboed I6 will be a lot easier than a high revving NA V8. You know what that means sticky? More mods in a shorter period of time so I wouldn't be surprised if mod production on your beloved s65 slowed a bit.

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    181
    Rep Points
    96.8
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    [QUOTE=ST54;581293]
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sahyoun Click here to enlarge
    Wow that right there is probably one of the most closed minded things I've read.

    Welcome to bimmerboostClick here to enlarge
    Should be renamed s65boost or stickyboost so people know what they're getting into.

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sahyoun Click here to enlarge
    Wow you never seize to amaze me with your ignorance.
    Do I ever cease to amaze you with my spelling or do my arguments cause you to seize up? I do see ignorance but it involves ignorance of the English language in this quote.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sahyoun Click here to enlarge
    You CANT compare csl and gts times to a normal f80.
    Yes you can.

    Here's the E46 CSL laptime: 7:50
    Here's the F84 laptimes: 7:52

    I just compared them. The CSL lapped quicker.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sahyoun Click here to enlarge
    Under that logic I could say an m4 dtm car will beat a csl or gts around a track since its an f82.
    No that logic does not work because the DTM car is not a street car available for sale from BMW. So, your logic is flawed. I'm glad I'm not keeping score.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sahyoun Click here to enlarge
    If you were to take the e46 csl and lap it with an s65 in it instead then repeat the same test with an s55. The S55 powered one will be the fastest.
    How is that possible considering the S65 would make the CSL even lighter and better balanced? If you're equating laptimes strictly to power I refer you to the 911 Turbo and GT3.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sahyoun Click here to enlarge
    Do you get it now?
    I've always understood the topic. I'm trying to help you.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sahyoun Click here to enlarge
    Do i need to simplify this further for you to comprehend it? And what physics and experience do you have? Do you work for M and know something about the exact details of the s55 that no one else does?
    No offense but if one of us was to get hired by M I'm going to lean toward me. The reason being is I don't need any additional info about the S55 to know it's a 3.0 liter inline-6 with lower volumetric efficiency. Perhaps you should look that up? Perhaps you should look up what the word physics means. Perhaps then you will know why there are certain things in the universe that are subject to the laws of physics. Then maybe you'll understand why a small turbo motor that has gains with a tune is not all of a sudden going to change the relationship between horsepower, torque, and RPM. Seriously, it's a fact.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sahyoun Click here to enlarge
    Do you have some sort of engineering background to back up your interpretations? How can you say all these m motors are stronger? You don't know the power capabilities of the s55.
    No we kind of do know the power capabilities of the S55. We also know it has an undersquare design. Since you do not seem to be grasping this I'll help you. I hope since some numbers and math will be involved this won't overwhelm you the way basic English word usage has.

    The S55 has an 89.6mm stroke. It was not designed to rev it's designed for low end torque. It has a fuel cut off at 7500 rpm. The S65 has a 75.2mm stroke. Not only does the S65 have more room to increase its displacement from a stroke increase (as BMW does themselves which I'm oh so sure you are aware of) its piston speeds will remain lower as it revs out.

    The S55 at its stock stroke of 89.6mm has piston speeds of 4409 feet per minute at 7500 rpm. The S65 at its higher redline of 8400 rpm has piston speeds of 4144 feet per minute. This is because it was built to rev. Now, not only does it rev higher and it's less stressed while doing so it has more room to increase displacement because it is an oversquare design to begin with. So let's say you increase the stroke to 82.7mm like BMW did in the GTS (which you can go further) you get a piston speed of 4558 feet per minute. Not only do you have the higher revving motor, you have the larger motor by almost 1.5 liters, that is breathing better through the entire wider rev range.

    Now there are a lot of numbers in there so you probably won't get it by that's why I don't need to talk to anyone at BMW. That's why the BASIC FREAKING MATH and engine design specifications already tell you what the more capable motor is and always will be. The S55 will never match it. Ever. Why? Because it's a physical impossibility.

    Do you get it now?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sahyoun Click here to enlarge
    So tell me sticky if you have some peak power the motor will take before failing please tell us what that number is and how you got it.
    Reference my post above. Read it as many times as you need to.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  15. #140
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ST54 Click here to enlarge

    Should be renamed s65boost or stickyboost so people know what they're getting into.
    Only thing I see someone getting into is over their head.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sahyoun Click here to enlarge
    You don't know what you're talking about man. I posted the link to the article that says it weighs less and you deleted it in the other thread where we argued this. If you actually wanted to know you would have clicked the link and read it, but I guess that requires some sort of brain power which you clearly lack. And saying the m3 beats an m5 with more power means nothing. I hope you realize that the m5 weighs more so all that extra power is just moving mass. Again I don't expect you to understand the simple physics behind it but an m3 is LIGHTER than an m5 so power gains are more dramatic. We are talking about s55 vs s65 so mentioning the m5 is meaningless. My 335i has pulled on an e60 m5 that had more power. Does that mean my n54 is better than an s85?? My point is you'll have to end up spending tons more on an s65 to keep up with the s55. Not to mention, tuning, building, and turbo swapping an already turboed I6 will be a lot easier than a high revving NA V8. You know what that means sticky? More mods in a shorter period of time so I wouldn't be surprised if mod production on your beloved s65 slowed a bit.
    Uh deleted? Are you serious right now? Yeah I just sit here and delete data all day for fun. Now you're going a bit too far as this forum is known for not deleting things and allowing discussion.

    That an M3 beats an M5 with more power and torque means nothing? Oh ok. Yeah supercharged M3's running mid 10's at 130 clearly are slow because of the M5's mass. Maybe if you read the article I'm referencing you'd know the weight is mentioned. You also would know the weight is from a roll where once again Mr. Physics comes into play telling you that a body in motion does not require as much energy to move it as it does when at rest. To simplify that for you it means the weight is not as important once moving at highway speeds.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sahyoun Click here to enlarge
    You know what that means sticky? More mods in a shorter period of time so I wouldn't be surprised if mod production on your beloved s65 slowed a bit.
    Mod production slowed? You're just reaching for all kinds of weird nonsense now. Turbochargers are coming, new block designs, new cranks, cams, etc. You just don't have any knowledge on the aftermarket and it's rather absurd you're even pulling this out of thin air.

    The real problem you don't realize is that the F80/F82 ECU's are heavily encrypted. So, you may actually see the S65 running big turbos in its aftermarket life much quicker than the new M3/M4. If you don't believe me take a look at the new M5 sometime or the F30.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,653
    Rep Points
    2,703.4
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Lol at people who are butthurt that Sticky can do what he wants on his forum...

    Iin other news, I doubt we'll ever see the 55 make serious power on a stock DME. The entire F series is stuck on boost controller level tuning, and will be for a long ass time.
    E88 N54 w stuff
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    Iin other news, I doubt we'll ever see the 55 make serious power on a stock DME. The entire F series is stuck on boost controller level tuning, and will be for a long ass time.
    Exactly what I just wrote but this guy thinks he knows better than the reality of the situation. This is so one sided I'm wasting my time.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  19. #144
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    181
    Rep Points
    96.8
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    0 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Uh deleted? Are you serious right now? Yeah I just sit here and delete data all day for fun. Now you're going a bit too far as this forum is known for not deleting things and allowing discussion.

    That an M3 beats an M5 with more power and torque means nothing? Oh ok. Yeah supercharged M3's running mid 10's at 130 clearly are slow because of the M5's mass. Maybe if you read the article I'm referencing you'd know the weight is mentioned. You also would know the weight is from a roll where once again Mr. Physics comes into play telling you that a body in motion does not require as much energy to move it as it does when at rest. To simplify that for you it means the weight is not as important once moving at highway speeds.



    Mod production slowed? You're just reaching for all kinds of weird nonsense now. Turbochargers are coming, new block designs, new cranks, cams, etc. You just don't have any knowledge on the aftermarket and it's rather absurd you're even pulling this out of thin air.

    The real problem you don't realize is that the F80/F82 ECU's are heavily encrypted. So, you may actually see the S65 running big turbos in its aftermarket life much quicker than the new M3/M4. If you don't believe me take a look at the new M5 sometime or the F30.
    I don't have time to constantly explain this to you since you clearly don't get it. Piston speeds, bore stroke, etc all don't account for the materials used and how they're formed which is one of the key factors in motor capabilities. So where did you mention the s55's power capability with mods? I don't see a power figure. And I did post a link to bimmerpost which you DELETED. Have you already forgotten that? As for inertial mass physics also says once its in motion you need much more force to accelerate that larger mass got it? Just cause its moving and the static friction has been over come is only half the battle so if you think just because its a roll that it means mass has less of an influence you're wrong again. I don't have time to prove you wrong all day considering that would be endless since you don't understand the concepts of facts and evidence proving you wrong since you're simply never wrong and are convinced you understand these motors better than anyone on the face of the earth. Again, I don't have time to prove you wrong since i have already successfully made you look like an idiot on your own forum and you still won't admit defeat.

  20. #145
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sahyoun Click here to enlarge
    I don't have time to constantly explain this to you since you clearly don't get it.
    Mmhmm. Yeah. I'm finding your tutoring lesson incredibly valuable as a comedy routine.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sahyoun Click here to enlarge
    Piston speeds, bore stroke, etc all don't account for the materials used and how they're formed which is one of the key factors in motor capabilities.
    What materials are you referencing? What, you think the stock piston they are using is some kind of magical alloy that gives you another liter of displacement on demand? What, you think the block they made to specifically not use in Motorsport is stronger? Last I checked BMW used the same silicon-aluminum alloy in the S65 as they did for the S85 V10 which they released at the time when Formula 1 was using naturally aspirated V10 motors and the blocks were assembled at the same factory that they assembled their Formula 1 blocks which used the exact same material.

    What else you got for me?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sahyoun Click here to enlarge
    So where did you mention the s55's power capability with mods? I don't see a power figure. And I did post a link to bimmerpost which you DELETED.
    Ohhhhhh here we go. So you're saying I'm deleting your posts? Last I checked all your posts are in place. Yes, I remove links to a competitor when warranted who specifically blocks all links here. This is not anything new I specifically tell people to not link there and they know why. When you misconstrue this fact by saying I'm deleting your posts to silence you in a debate that makes you look like a douche. I respectfully ask you apologize especially considering the system here is set to NOTIFY YOU IF YOUR POST IS EDITED IN ANY WAY. E90post 2.0 my ass.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sahyoun Click here to enlarge
    As for inertial mass physics also says once its in motion you need much more force to accelerate that larger mass got it? Just cause its moving and the static friction has been over come is only half the battle so if you think just because its a roll that it means mass has less of an influence you're wrong again.
    You need much more force to move a mass from a roll than from a stop? Um once the M5 is in motion of course weight is still a factor the point you're missing is it takes less power to keep it moving than it does to get it moving from a rest up to that speed. So I really don't know what you're saying.

    Regardless, you still obviously haven't read the article I wrote on this topic which clearly mentions these factors and especially the M5's weight. We all know the M5 is heavier, and? This doesn't change supercharged M3's being quite strong and if you think the S55 is matching them with a tune you're out of your mind. The 1/4 mile numbers have already shown it doesn't.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sahyoun Click here to enlarge
    gain, I don't have time to prove you wrong since i have already successfully made you look like an idiot on your own forum and you still won't admit defeat.
    Prove me wrong? Why? Because we don't have an eternity for you to change the laws of physics?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,962
    Rep Points
    2,657.4
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    Yes Reputation No
    That 370z tho . Vq37vhr > all
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

  22. #147
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    225
    Rep Points
    0.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    If you want to talk strongest M motor that would be it.

    Oh, oh, but the S55 gets 500 whp with a tune! That means its stronger than 5.0 liter V10's that rev to over 8000 rpm. The S55 is picking on UGR Gallardos next, right?

    Holy crap there are some stupid people.
    Im not doubting the S85 here. I'm just speaking at the present. Presently the S85 can't compete. No doubt it has insane potential.

    I'm not putting the s55 over any other motor. I like it for what it is and for what it has already accomplished.

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,921
    Rep Points
    3,973.5
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Hey Terry, check out your thread, isn't this fun. Weeeeeeeeeee

  24. #149
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    225
    Rep Points
    0.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well I took home the trap speed and roll on trophies while the S54's were there. However, you are right, last time the S54 won that aspect when I was not competing.

    The S65 with equal horsepower will trap higher as this is already demonstrated in my mind. It makes more efficient use of its power partially thanks to being mated to a dual clutch transmission.

    We can not have a perfect comparison due to logistics but you're discounting the S65 and that's fine. My position is quite clear and additionally as stated I have yet to lose to an S54. Even if you are to disagree with me I think you can recognize the S65 is very, very strong. Obsolete? Uh, the S55 can't even show up to these events without getting embarrassed.

    I'll have an event, you're welcome but it's in Cali. As is anyone else who wants to see what obsolete motors can do. Let me put it this way, nobody typing in this thread about an S65 being obsolete can compete with the strongest examples of it. The only thing obsolete now is their idiotic argument.
    You keep speaking about potential and doing a lot of speculating. We can do that all day long. And when you aren't doing that, you're referring to 1 event. If you feel you would have done better at the other events, that was on you. Your car was present and it had issues. Same as what happened at the previous event for the s54. But since then, the s54 has represented at every event. I'm an athlete and very competitive. When I play ball, I don't care about the guy sitting on the side that did good the day before or has all this potential. Either step on the court and prove yourself, or keep quiet on the side. Winning 1 game or 1 event against a small few competitors out of many; does not make you better than all. Like I already said, there are s54s out here that will have no problem with any s65 from a roll.

  25. #150
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,921
    Rep Points
    3,973.5
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    My favorite about all of this is you guys are comparing cars that have had aftermarket support for 13 years and 7 years respectively to a car that was released weeks ago. Literally cracks me up. Carry on...Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •