Close

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Will a meth injection set up be developed for this?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Absolutely!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    They have had them just in sizes that don't fit narrow body cars (corvette sizes, etc.)

A 275/R19 would be awesome.

Yea that's what I meant, 335/30/19 would be nice for sure which they've had but the 305 allows plenty more cars to use them in 19s, when I said Nissan guys I was referring to Zs, should have mentioned that

@fastgti have you ever used a drag radial? Bc nt05s are many many moons away from even the worst drag radial on traction lol
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    @fastgti have you ever used a drag radial? Bc nt05s are many many moons away from even the worst drag radial on traction lol
    Nope lol. When I up the boost again and test it out with meth, I might have to buy a pair of MT for the rear. So far it's holding 19psi e40 mix no problem at all. I took off on my buddies e60 m5, second gear just ripped 2 cars ahead.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2132 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Over 500 whp already out of the 2015 BMW F80 M3? Yep. BMS JB4 tuned S55 turbo inline-6 ethanol (E85) testing shows 539 wheel horsepower

So, um, yes, you can say the new F80 M3 and F82 M4 respond pretty well to bolt on modifications. Journalists are still getting their hands on stock cars to test but Burger Tuning (BMS) already has the car over 500 wheel horsepower. This is not too surprising as with a mild bump in boost on a beta Stage I BMS tune the car already showed 479 horsepower at the wheels. Now with some further refinement to the tune and some ethanol (E85) the result is over 500 whp.

Here are the details in the words of Terry@BMS:

Click here to enlarge

Hey guys,

Got back from a couple hours of dyno tuning and came back with some interesting results. This car definitely likes E85...

The JB4 now has full electronic wastegate control in addition to the fuel mass control & CANbus, paving the way for E85 testing. The test car is our 2015 DCT M3, 100% stock with a JB4, with ethanol mixed with 91 octane at 30-50%.

I've been running E30 for the last week on a tune that ramps up to around 25psi and I've been very impressed with it. On the dyno today running that same trim resulting in a very consistent ~510whp / ~510wtq results. Although the turbo holds boost to redline it looks like shifting around 6000 rpm will result in the best acceleration results as power noses off above that.

While I had it strapped down I decided to explore more aggressive power levels. Added a little more E85 and went on an hour long adventure through many different curves and tweaks. Finally arrived at a 28psi peak tune which yielded ~540whp / ~575wtq. I've not tested this much on the street so we'll have to see how viable it is. But this just goes to show you how much room was left on the table for tuning with this platform.

This car is an animal.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2132 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Changed some minor spelling/wording in your post Terry and formatting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2132 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
    The E9x M3s are going to become obsolete. Congrats Terry
    Because a turbo car has gains with a tune? LOL ok.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2132 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    No offense to E9x M3 owners but I agree. It's obsoleted. To match stock + $800 tune F80 M3 performance with an E90 M3 you basically need a 10k+ supercharger kit and even then you won't have as much torque or OEM like reliability. Now if you are trying to make a 600whp+ bomber then yes maybe the E90 is a better starting point but that can't be more than 1% of the market.
    Absurdity on many levels and a complete misunderstanding.

Is the GT3 obsolete because Porsche releases a turbo?

Is the E46 M3 obsolete now? The CSL? Is the 458 obsolete because Ferrari gave the California a turbo? Will the 458 Speciale be obsolete once Ferrari gives the 458 the same turbo motor?

People who equate the better car to wheel horsepower never understood what an M car was (or is) anyway. This is mostly the N54 crowd, which is, well, you. The top performance option will always and forever be the E46 M3 over the F80 M3 and the E9X M3 over both.

You guys are making a big deal over 500 whp. In the grand scheme of top BMW performance 500 whp is an f'ing joke. Are these great gains? Yes. But keep your pants on. You run this car against the big boys and you'll be wanting to come back with double the horsepower. Talk to me then.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2132 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Making fun of the S65 is half the fun of talking about the S55... Click here to enlarge
    How can you make fun of the superior motor making more power with more capability?

Oh wow you can gain horsepower on a factory turbo car. Whoopty doo.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow that's impressive! The car was just released lol I personally don't know anything specific about the engine yet and it's already past 500whp

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    its time to see some v-box numbers + some races against other cars ,, 500+ whp is great but the question is how will it perform is the streets !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Terry@BMS
    what's the real CR do u think, i can't believe it's 10.2

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Can't wait for someone to open the turbos up and see if they fit bigger wheels!

pretty funny the factory s55 ends up revving like a tuned n54... With obviously a bit more power coming out of the however much larger turbos

awesome numbers so soon after release... Keen for FBO numbers

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great work Terry.. Round of applause!!! This is making me seriously second guess a 997 turbo purchase.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by B00stGeek Click here to enlarge
    Great work Terry.. Round of applause!!! This is making me seriously second guess a 997 turbo purchase.
    997.1 Turbo = best mass production Porsche ever made IMHO, COBB + Injectors + E85 = 600 whp easy peasy, but this new Bimmer is MUCH better than most could have hoped
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    997.1 Turbo = best mass production Porsche ever made IMHO, COBB + Injectors + E85 = 600 whp easy peasy, but this new Bimmer is MUCH better than most could have hoped
    Hard not to consider an M4 when its showing such results like this so early on. But the 911 turbo has always been on my bucket list. 550-600whp would be enough for me since I'll still have my turbo e46 m3 thats putting out a lot more power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    non sense, the S65 is never obsolete, but in the output to price ratio, hard to beat the S55. Glad to see BMW didnt cripple the engine/turbo's too much to get almost N/A-like throttle response.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What is the actual curb weight of the M3? and how much lighter is it to the M5, or M6 grand coupe?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135idct Click here to enlarge
    @Terry@BMS
    what's the real CR do u think, i can't believe it's 10.2
    Seems lower. Or maybe the vANOS system is bleeding off cylinder pressure somehow. Shrug.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onisyndicate Click here to enlarge
    What is the actual curb weight of the M3? and how much lighter is it to the M5, or M6 grand coupe?
    Best numbers I have are ~3590 for the M3 vs. ~4375 for the M5.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 07-06-2014 at 01:28 PM.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Because a turbo car has gains with a tune? LOL ok.
    Lol get that thing a parachute it's falling off a cliff After 6K rpm. It's back into the lower 4xx wheel area by the end of the dyno and was cut 500 rpm early

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Seems lower. Or maybe the vANOS system is bleeding off cylinder pressure somehow. Shrug.
    Interesting thought on VANOS bleed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    Lol get that thing a parachute it's falling off a cliff After 6K rpm. It's back into the lower 4xx wheel area by the end of the dyno and was cut 500 rpm early
    I've been shifting it at 6000rpm. Did a quick run at the 500whp level and it managed 126mph on the VBOX. Not too shabby for a tune only car. Definitely E90 M3 supercharger territory. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Let the S65 guys talk all they want. Turbo motors always have been and always will be more efficient than an NA motor, now that technology allows a turbo motor car to have similar characteristics to that same NA car, but better in every way there is nothing but win going on. The S65 people are going to be V8 NA purists because that is what they like. The actual facts clearly show which is the better engine. They can close their eyes and scream nah nah nah all they want, it won't change the fact

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Best numbers I have are ~3590 for the M3 vs. ~4375 for the M5.
    with driver and full tank?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast