Close

Thread: exhaust

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Question exhaust

i would like to know, now i have stock exhaust if i delete secondary cats, then install catless dps and leave mufflers stock so maybe i will save up moneys, why should i buy new exhaust for 1500 usd if some modifications can be done and hp gains will be all the sameClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For the sound, deleting cats and not addressing the muffler leads to mixed results and sometimes an unpleasant tone.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    For the sound, deleting cats and not addressing the muffler leads to mixed results and sometimes an unpleasant tone.
    maybe u have some video how its sounds anybody here did it? about sounding what kind of sound it will be is it going to change from stock lot or not?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by moon999 Click here to enlarge
    maybe u have some video how its sounds anybody here did it? about sounding what kind of sound it will be is it going to change from stock lot or not?
    If you go catless the sound will change. Is that what you want to know? How it will sound with no cats?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    If you go catless the sound will change. Is that what you want to know? How it will sound with no cats?
    i want to know:

what sound will be if i delete cats only leave all stock, leave mufflers stock as it is

what sound will be if i delete cats and install catless dps leave mufflers stock as it is

also i know deleting cats i gain hp

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    catless is the way to go for power. but that is with catless downpipes. a lot of people just do DP's and leave 2nd cats/factory exhaust. i had that setup for a while and power was noticable and sound was just a bit louder/raspier than stock, i liked it a lot. not much to be gained with aftermarket exhausts. DP's are where its at..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    catless is the way to go for power. but that is with catless downpipes. a lot of people just do DP's and leave 2nd cats/factory exhaust. i had that setup for a while and power was noticable and sound was just a bit louder/raspier than stock, i liked it a lot. not much to be gained with aftermarket exhausts. DP's are where its at..
    so thats what i am saying if i put catless dps and delete second cats from my stock exhaust leaving all mufflers stock i will save moneys and gain power and torque

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    hey moon i should be getting my cp-e exhaust today or tmrw...ill be sure to take videos... i love the way my car sounds now "just catless dp and stock catback" but i will be going for big power as soon as can afford some bigger twins or a single Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 Click here to enlarge
    i love the way my car sounds now "just catless dp and stock catback"
    so u have secondary cats on? why ? they have some restrictions so cutting them you would gain more power.....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by moon999 Click here to enlarge
    so thats what i am saying if i put catless dps and delete second cats from my stock exhaust leaving all mufflers stock i will save moneys and gain power and torque
    yes, cheapest way is to get c-less DP's and have shop remove 2nd cats, leaving stock mufflers

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yes, cheapest way is to get c-less DP's and have shop remove 2nd cats, leaving stock mufflers
    one thing after i delete second cats and leave all other stock exhaust wont i get CEL or some erros in ecu?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yes, you need an 02 simm

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yes, you need an 02 simm
    is it true? i thought that its only when i add catless dps then i need 02 sims, so i think jb3 and procede has that so i can easy delete cats and jb3 or procede solves the error problem? any shivs or Terry input would be good....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

if your only deleting 2nd cats? i dunno, need info from someone else on that one.

they do it 2 different ways, the current JB and V4. it depends on your laws. Jb uses an additional piece, but fools the car into thinking everything is ok, and allows the test cycle to complete without codes being thrown. v4 just keeps the system recycling in test mode and clears the code. Where i live, there is no tailpipe sniffer, but they do hookup a tool to the OBDII. if i were to have the V4 i would fail everytime because the car would never complete the test cycle. test cylce has to be finished.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    why u say V4 fail, it has that built in option if u have total catless dps so u no need to worry thats what i understand

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

when the inspector hooks up his tool to your car, he does it through the OBDII. If your car has not completed the test cycle, you will automatically fail. you have drive a certain amount of miles for the car to complete the cars own test cycle. the V4 keeps restarting that test cycle and clears the cat codes that come up, thats how it keeps the CEL from coming on.

if you turn off the v4's "02 simm" the the car will complete the test cycle, but have codes that the inspector reads, and then you fail for bad/no cats anyway

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    when the inspector hooks up his tool to your car, he does it through the OBDII. If your car has not completed the test cycle, you will automatically fail. you have drive a certain amount of miles for the car to complete the cars own test cycle. the V4 keeps restarting that test cycle and clears the cat codes that come up, thats how it keeps the CEL from coming on.

if you turn off the v4's "02 simm" the the car will complete the test cycle, but have codes that the inspector reads, and then you fail for bad/no cats anyway
    about what inspector u are talking? u mean TUV? never any inspector connected any OBD reader to check any codes u think if my car is catless inspector will check it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i dont know. it depends on your countries laws. im just saying here it would not work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    okay

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Moon, If you need a Avatar/Callsign let me know! I'll hook you up with a fantasic full moon that you can use Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    if your only deleting 2nd cats? i dunno, need info from someone else on that one.

they do it 2 different ways, the current JB and V4. it depends on your laws. Jb uses an additional piece, but fools the car into thinking everything is ok, and allows the test cycle to complete without codes being thrown. v4 just keeps the system recycling in test mode and clears the code. Where i live, there is no tailpipe sniffer, but they do hookup a tool to the OBDII. if i were to have the V4 i would fail everytime because the car would never complete the test cycle. test cylce has to be finished.

This. I had 3 of my procede users (yes only 3 of my customers have it) have the same issue when coming here for an inspection. secondary 02, 02 heater are the two main ones that always say 'not ready'. When they do that, in the state of NY you can only have one monitor out of 5 not ready...so you automatically fail. So you have to turn off CAN clear, and risk throwing a SES light for catless downpipes while you drive the car to get it ready...which happened to one guy...we got lucky on the 5th try and managed to get him to pass...after a week of trying.

Terrys 02 sim fix IMO addresses this situation the best....you can adjust it yourself to just fudge the signal going back to the DME, not just keep clearing codes while you drive. All of my JB3 customers have put it in, set it and forget it and never had an SES related to it since.