Close

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Knock knock?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You guys are too serious, it's only business!...

I'll PM payment info for my swiss account and other investment opportunities you may be interested in ;-)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    What level of tachyons are considered safe?

Neil

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MDORPHN Click here to enlarge
    What level of tachyons are considered safe?

Neil
    When you have a warp core breach you know you've exceeded the maximun safe limit.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

5 out of 7 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    This is Terry's product, he can do or not do what he wants with it ultimately.

Not sure why Dzenno is jumping onto this thread and making it a pissing contest...

It looks desperate of you trying to stay relevant tbh...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    No plans at the moment, but if some great need comes up, like viable piggyback injector hardware, I'll look in to it.

Terry,

Would love to be able to support an ethanol content analyser (flex fuel sensor) like this Zeitronix one:

http://zeitronix.com/Products/ECA/ECA2.shtml

E-mixtures are guestimates really unless running 100%.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

4 out of 6 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by _ink Click here to enlarge
    This is Terry's product, he can do or not do what he wants with it ultimately.

Not sure why Dzenno is jumping onto this thread and making it a pissing contest...

It looks desperate of you trying to stay relevant tbh...
    +1000000000. Sick of DZ's $#@! talking. I couldn't live without all the features of the JB4. I love the flexibility.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Terry,

Would love to be able to support an ethanol content analyser (flex fuel sensor) like this Zeitronix one:

http://zeitronix.com/Products/ECA/ECA2.shtml

E-mixtures are guestimates really unless running 100%.
    Sure. If not using a meth kit you can just use the meth input to read the E85 percentage and then have the JB4 set the tuning based around that figure. First step would be to wire it up and log it under various E85 mixtures to get a scaling for it. Set methscale = 100 to get a full 0-5v scale on the input.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lulz
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    That's cool terry needs new haterz couse the old One's are starting to like him Click here to enlarge I think I saw shiv rock'n a JB4 FTW t shirt
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If I was Allowed just one mod it would be this jb4
    This thing does it all .. takes care of bad days, hart burn, Chlamydia, with the new firmware you don't have to pay taxes, child support the list goes on and on ... don't take my word for it just ask shiv .. this jb4 is that business
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sure. If not using a meth kit you can just use the meth input to read the E85 percentage and then have the JB4 set the tuning based around that figure. First step would be to wire it up and log it under various E85 mixtures to get a scaling for it. Set methscale = 100 to get a full 0-5v scale on the input.
    Problem is I'm running meth already. Click here to enlarge

Could always run the zeitronix separately, but it would just be an expense E indicator.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hmm, the 335i is still my DD and for now I don't do meth--this sounds like an interesting option to make long-distance drives seem less daunting. Rather pull more timing advance than boost as a function of decreased ethanol %, but this is better than nothing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Problem is I'm running meth already. Click here to enlarge

Could always run the zeitronix separately, but it would just be an expense E indicator.
    No one has been able to convince to me the E85 content beyond the basic mix you can keep track of in your head when filling up is useful enough to add in an ethanol sensor. Maybe you'll be the first. Once it's installed drop me an email and I'll show you how to connect it to another analog input. Worst case you may need to solder a wire to the board as there are 3-4 analog inputs on the processor we didn't have pins for on the connector system. I'll look in to it further when the time comes.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 07-05-2014 at 01:24 PM.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    E50 vs E70 has very few advantages, but legit E50 takes 8 gallons e85, 6 gallons 93 to hit in Texas with verified numbers with 100% E85 being only around 20% higher.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    oh wow, so if someone were to want to do it... well it'd be fairly easy to do?

I plan on running E85, no meth whatsoever, and the ability to seamlessly swap between 98RON for daily driving with some economy, and E85 without having to even think about how many liters of what are in there (as well as being able to accurately monitor whether it's actually E85, or crept up to E90, or worse, down to E75 or something)... This makes the Jb4 even more appealing to me.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sure. Install the sensor and get that part of it working and I'll help you sort out the logical side on the JB4 end. Easy stuff.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by EvanL Click here to enlarge
    Hmm, the 335i is still my DD and for now I don't do meth--this sounds like an interesting option to make long-distance drives seem less daunting. Rather pull more timing advance than boost as a function of decreased ethanol %, but this is better than nothing.
    Yeah that would be nice, I guess you could set something like that up with CPS advance kinda thing, but I don't like that method of "controlling" timing on this car because the car will learn around it to an extent and it's a bad way to do things lol. Sadly our DME is not so good at flexfuel, so boost control via JB4 is as good as it gets. At least it has the ability to increase trim headroom by biasing fuel pressure signals. I think it would take a stand alone to really get ideal flexfuel, at least flashes are quick.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A stand alone will not work with the N54. Just my opinion but if you don't have convenient access to E85 then it's just not worth the hassle. That's why I run alcohol injection and it has worked flawlessly for 2+ years.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    Yeah that would be nice, I guess you could set something like that up with CPS advance kinda thing, but I don't like that method of "controlling" timing on this car because the car will learn around it to an extent and it's a bad way to do things lol. Sadly our DME is not so good at flexfuel, so boost control via JB4 is as good as it gets. At least it has the ability to increase trim headroom by biasing fuel pressure signals. I think it would take a stand alone to really get ideal flexfuel, at least flashes are quick.
    With a back end flash you can set the system up to pull timing also without CPS. Timing is mapped on DME_PSI and DME_PSI doesn't need to match DME_BT with a flash in place. So as long as you are clever with how you handle things there is a lot of flexibility.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    A stand alone will not work with the N54. Just my opinion but if you don't have convenient access to E85 then it's just not worth the hassle. That's why I run alcohol injection and it has worked flawlessly for 2+ years.
    mmm, the thing that makes the N54 work so well, the DI system, is exactly what holds it back in a lot of aspects hah.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    mmm, the thing that makes the N54 work so well, the DI system, is exactly what holds it back in a lot of aspects hah.
    The stand alone door has not been closed yet Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sigma 3 Click here to enlarge
    haha ya i know, apparently motec is still cracking along on it.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The stand alone door has not been opened yet, either ;-)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    The stand alone door has not been opened yet, either ;-)
    well, it's there

it's welded shut and we'll need to break out the plasma cutter, but it's there..
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It was closed by proEFI and MOTEC. If you know someone that has it up and running please post some details.
    Click here to enlarge

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast