Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Knock knock?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    Lol they're with a 10mm spacer I gave into aesthetics Click here to enlarge and as you know the E8x has no time for that. It rubs so bad. Maybe i'll pull the spacer, go 275 and see how that drives and looks.

Imagine 275 square or something like that 0o0ooo0o00
    1m conversion, do it! You'd be the first e88 that I know of. I'm going to do the front first on my e82, then wait a few months to do the rears to split up the cost. I don't mind rocking the mismatched side skirts for a few months. I have 275's on mine now and they are tight but don't rub. I'm not lowered though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    1m conversion, do it! You'd be the first e88 that I know of. I'm going to do the front first on my e82, then wait a few months to do the rears to split up the cost. I don't mind rocking the mismatched side skirts for a few months. I have 275's on mine now and they are tight but don't rub. I'm not lowered though.
    My first goal is to have the most powerful E88 in America (not a high bar, I know) so cosmetics have to wait for the most part outside of simple stuff. Full 1M conversion is $$$$ that money is going towards a single conversion. Maybe after. Probably after. Sry for threadjack k
    E88 N54 w stuff
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

View with raw timing instead of ignition correction.

Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If that's not clean...then I don't know what is. How come the early shifts?
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    View with raw timing instead of ignition correction.

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...c1d14042-1.jpg
    This is amazing, all cylinders are in play with one another. What car and mods with gas is this Terry. You are the man!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just screwing around with our tune only 135i. It's running the pump flash w/ E30 and map 7. Expected a lot more timing corrections with it but seems fairly quiet, lol.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    No need for a JB with a single Click here to enlarge
    Funny, PTF as recently as this week said they don't publicly tune singles when I inquired. So, in reality (until your product actually launches), you need a JB for a single.
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Im making over 500wtq and have no problem hooking in second gear Click here to enlarge 275/40/17 Nt05 did the trick though I wont lie lol. Now it just rips my face off and goes.
    Got clutch yet? If so lets hit up the dyno! Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Got clutch yet? If so lets hit up the dyno! Click here to enlarge
    Heh, was just talking about you today with @alpinedevil335i. Clutch is here, we're just taking time breaking it in etc. I will email you about some other inquiries before we hit up the dyno. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    did someone say dyno in so cal????

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    there's at least 1 E88 somewhere.. not a 135i though, it's like a 120d or some crap.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    Funny, PTF as recently as this week said they don't publicly tune singles when I inquired. So, in reality (until your product actually launches), you need a JB for a single.
    you mean they said they won't tune BYO singles? that's a bit strange :/
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very nice work sir!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CaliforniaBred Click here to enlarge
    did someone say dyno in so cal????
    Specialty Z in Chatsworth, in about two weeks. Hopefully we can break 700whp with Terry's help! Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Posted the BETA firmware on n54tech to get testing started.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is it just the beta interface that I see? No actual firmware update is needed for the jb4 to get it working?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jeff75225 Click here to enlarge
    Is it just the beta interface that I see? No actual firmware update is needed for the jb4 to get it working?
    http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25659
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh ok. Didn't see that. Thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hooray, my first log with six-cylinder timing advance monitoring! Ironically, first one shows timing correction on cylinder one Click here to enlarge. Second run shows correction to cylinders two and six.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I understand it's your forum but why not upload it into the database?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I understand it's your forum but why not upload it into the database?
    It's too much of a headache for me to maintain multiple sources for files that are often changed/deleted.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's too much of a headache for me to maintain multiple sources for files that are often changed/deleted.
    Take an aspirin Terry. It's two forums you spend time on with your customers, not dozens.

Regardless, I understand your perspective and it's no big deal. My point is ultimately to have a database of files to benefit the community.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Take an aspirin Terry. It's two forums you spend time on with your customers, not dozens.

Regardless, I understand your perspective and it's no big deal. My point is ultimately to have a database of files to benefit the community.
    A major headache on a weekly basis is customers who find some old copy of some obsolete firmware and then try to load it. Then they invariably contact us for help putting humpty dumpty back together again. It's a real time waste for everyone involved. One solution is not to have obsoleted copies of files that won't work floating around in the first place. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Hey hey look at you! Click here to enlarge Not too shabby!

This is certainly a great feature for the JB especially for those guys pushing limits and those that just run a JB without an appropriate backend flash. Its one of if not THE MOST essential tool in a data hypochondriac's (such as myself) toolbox and I'm sure many that find this as interesting as myself will find it VERY handy. Hopefully its actually showing true values! lol Do expect a flood of emails though asking about them hah

As for single turbo tuning we have a solution in place that has proven to work exceptionally well with our kits and also a number of DIY and 3rd party built single turbo N54s running around in the wild with this tuning setup with far better external wastegate boost control and drivability than what is currently available with the JB. That isn't to say JB one day can't be just as good in the external wastegate boost control department or that custom tuning with a JB (now that it has timing correction logging) couldn't be made to have better drivability as anything and everything can evolve given enough time and money invested.

As mentioned on other forums before our single kits won't be tied to a tuning platform and will be sold as bolton hardware kits. Tuning will be separate and will also be offered by us for those interested in running what we'll end up recommending at the time of release and what we've tested to work exceptionally well for a while now. That same tuning solution that will be offered with our single kits will be made available to others with single kits of their own making and our services in custom tuning them.

Send one up here if you like. If it works out as advertised we'd be happy to open up our custom tuning services to the JB+COBB stack peeps with a disclaimer that we would recommend against the map switching feature (as it only moves boost up down and doesn't take into account everything else that matters in a well rounded tune) and against running meth kits without a turbine based flow sensor Click here to enlarge

Cheers!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    Send one up here if you like. If it works out as advertised we'd be happy to open up our custom tuning services to the JB+COBB stack peeps with a disclaimer that we would recommend against the map switching feature (as it only moves boost up down and doesn't take into account everything else that matters in a well rounded tune) and against running meth kits without a turbine based flow sensor Click here to enlarge

Cheers!
    Jake and I talk from time to time. We're both friendly with Lou formerly of CPE fame. I shot him some ideas a few months ago for boost control via the DME and I know he had a few good ideas of his own as well. At the end of the day the real difference with say the JB4 is the complete flexibility to have it do whatever myself, Jake, or anyone can dream up. If the idea is good I can make it happen and often quickly. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast