Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Knock knock?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

This is a great addition to the logging functions!
    And good to know the N54 is not forgotten in development Click here to enlarge
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Oh shiny, I missed this yesterday! Great news here. Somebody has been busy after all lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

I wonder if G5 ISO would play nice with my protune. Could I have the JB handle boost and leave VANOS, timing, fuel, blah blah blah to the flash? Not that i'm at all unhappy with how the flash boost curve is, but experimenting is always fun for the lulz.

Again awesome work Terry. I see no reason not to stack at this point, save for how load gets reported in the case of DCT and 6AT guys.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    I wonder if G5 ISO would play nice with my protune. Could I have the JB handle boost and leave VANOS, timing, fuel, blah blah blah to the flash? Not that i'm at all unhappy with how the flash boost curve is, but experimenting is always fun for the lulz.

Again awesome work Terry. I see no reason not to stack at this point, save for how load gets reported in the case of DCT and 6AT guys.

I don't see why not. That's how the flashes from BMS, Wedge, etc work. Jb4 just controls the boost and has the added benefit of on the fly changes, and the flash does everything else.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jeff75225 Click here to enlarge
    I don't see why not. That's how the flashes from BMS, Wedge, etc work. Jb4 just controls the boost and has the added benefit of on the fly changes, and the flash does everything else.
    Ya no reason why it shouldn't. I just wonder how much (if any) fiddling would need to be done to ensure all the tables play nice with each other. I wouldn't be doing anything radical on the JB side of things, just a bit more precise boost control. Real reason i'd be doing it is for boost limiting by gear and single turbo tuning come winter time. In every other regard i'm very happy with the protune, and have no desire to stop running it.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Ya no reason why it shouldn't. I just wonder how much (if any) fiddling would need to be done to ensure all the tables play nice with each other. I wouldn't be doing anything radical on the JB side of things, just a bit more precise boost control. Real reason i'd be doing it is for boost limiting by gear and single turbo tuning come winter time. In every other regard i'm very happy with the protune, and have no desire to stop running it.
    The JB4 has a lot of various features/flexibility and will work great on top of a custom tune. We're going to do a better job of documenting some of the features, ways to use the JB4, going forward.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

1 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    No need for a JB with a single Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    Talk to me goose. Actually i'll just shoot you a message on FB later.

Single tuning aside, this is a big step forward for the JB. I'm convinced Shiv just made this stuff up when he created the original thread with this feature in whatever it was, 2012.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Single tuning aside, this is a big step forward for the JB. I'm convinced Shiv just made this stuff up when he created the original thread with this feature in whatever it was, 2012.
    Without a doubt. Definitely a big jump ahead for anyone running a JB and awesome work by Terry.

I think Shiv had been planning his exodus from the N54 scene for a while and was just trying to stay semi-competitive with Cobb/BMS long enough to get the OFT up and running for other platforms.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

There's some codes and nannies that make no difference for a flash tune but are useful to have disabled for the piggy, as long as ptf disabled them you'd be good to go. Gear based boost control was just too hard for me to give up when I was playing with atr. First and second are already useless enough with E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    There's some codes and nannies that make no difference for a flash tune but are useful to have disabled for the piggy, as long as ptf disabled them you'd be good to go. Gear based boost control was just too hard for me to give up when I was playing with atr. First and second are already useless enough with E85.
    Boost by gear is extremely appealing to me. Obviously on singles up top those early gears are just useless, and on stock frames with the way torque comes on, the car seriously wants to go sideways if you get into it too quickly in 3rd. 2nd gear doesn't exist for any N54 making north of 450WTQ.

Anti-Lag would be nice for 6AT singles as well.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    You're spending ~$10k installed on a turbo kit might as well plunk down $500 more to do it properly with external boost control, real AFR & FP safety systems, in dash monitoring real time, on the fly map switching (I've found very important when using a ST as a DD), gear dependent boost control, and a myriad of other features. But to each his own. Click here to enlarge

Don't worry you can still sell them a pro-tune with the JB4. Someone has to set their boost, timing, and AFR curves. It might as well be you for $200 or whatever it costs.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Shiv is unethical and unreliable but I've never known him to be an outright liar. There is always a sliver of truth in whatever it is he is peddling. I believe Adrian who does his programming knows how to read the data but it's fairly complicated to sort out. He probably told Shiv "OK it's going to be $100k labor to work this all out", Shiv probably balked, and since he can't do his own programming probably shelved it.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Shiv is unethical and unreliable but I've never known him to be an outright liar. There is always a sliver of truth in whatever it is he is peddling. I believe Adrian who does his programming knows how to read the data but it's fairly complicated to sort out. He probably told Shiv "OK it's going to be $100k labor to work this all out", Shiv probably balked, and since he can't do his own programming probably shelved it.
    Hmm....that's like 9/10ths of a lie but I guess if you want to give him the benefit of doubt, just a project that was never seen to completion.

Oh well - you saw it through! So who cares. Big step forward for this platform man.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Boost by gear is extremely appealing to me. Obviously on singles up top those early gears are just useless, and on stock frames with the way torque comes on, the car seriously wants to go sideways if you get into it too quickly in 3rd. 2nd gear doesn't exist for any N54 making north of 450WTQ.

Anti-Lag would be nice for 6AT singles as well.
    Im making over 500wtq and have no problem hooking in second gear Click here to enlarge 275/40/17 Nt05 did the trick though I wont lie lol. Now it just rips my face off and goes.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

I LOVE NT05s! Just don't drive on them in the rain Click here to enlarge
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Im making over 500wtq and have no problem hooking in second gear Click here to enlarge 275/40/17 Nt05 did the trick though I wont lie lol. Now it just rips my face off and goes.
    I beat the crap out of my rear fenders to squeeze 265 street tires back there...i'm jeally. Yea Open diff + stock frame spool = sideways if you give it the beans in second. E8x just doesn't like the WTQ with how short its' wheelbase is. I can't imagine how it'll be with a single...i'll have to find out come Winter Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

I beat the crap out of my rear fenders to squeeze 265 street tires back there...i'm jeally. Yea Open diff + stock frame spool = sideways if you give it the beans in second. E8x just doesn't like the WTQ with how short its' wheelbase is. I can't imagine how it'll be with a single...i'll have to find out come Winter Click here to enlarge
    Yea most definitely a 1 series likes to go sideways easier than a 3 series. Stock frame turbos will make you go sideways cause of instant torque.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

9.5 +62 rears should let you fit meaty rubber in there with no scrub, even with a bit of low Click here to enlarge

saw thread title, hoped it wasn't one of the BMS ST motors blowing... came away much more pleased than expected!
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    9.5 +62 rears should let you fit meaty rubber in there with no scrub, even with a bit of low Click here to enlarge

saw thread title, hoped it wasn't one of the BMS ST motors blowing... came away much more pleased than expected!
    Lol they're with a 10mm spacer I gave into aesthetics Click here to enlarge and as you know the E8x has no time for that. It rubs so bad. Maybe i'll pull the spacer, go 275 and see how that drives and looks.

Imagine 275 square or something like that 0o0ooo0o00
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Working on cleaning up the interface a bit more. I think this format will be what we end up with. You'll be able to toggle a variable to give cyl 2-6 ignition correction or raw timing values.

Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Lol they're with a 10mm spacer I gave into aesthetics Click here to enlarge and as you know the E8x has no time for that. It rubs so bad. Maybe i'll pull the spacer, go 275 and see how that drives and looks.

Imagine 275 square or something like that 0o0ooo0o00
    haha yeah.. i unfortunately have WAY too low offset as the previous owner got the wheels for pure looks Click here to enlarge
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Working on cleaning up the interface a bit more. I think this format will be what we end up with. You'll be able to toggle a variable to give cyl 2-6 ignition correction or raw timing values.

http://www.germanboost.com/images/im...c1d14042-1.jpg
    This looks fantastic.
    Burger Motorsports

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast