Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

WANNA GO FAST 1/2 MILE - GINTANI STAGE 2 M3 (7.5PSI) VS. EVOLVE E600 M3 (6.7PSI)

Both cars attended the Chicago 1/2 Mile event, It was a great turn out. unfortunately it started to rain so we got 1 race each. This was the one race I did manage to get in, I had never attended the a half a mile event it was something I really wanted to do. A group of friends and I took a road trip from Toronto to Chicago, The drive up in the M3 showed me how reliable this kit is strapped to my car. It was a 20 hour drive in total there and back including stops and I didn't have one hiccup during the trip. Big shout out to Alex, NJ and Charles at Gintani for getting me my last minute parts on time and for building a flawless supercharger system. Enjoy the comparo!

2008 E92 BMW M3 6MT
    Gintani Stage 2 Supercharged (7.5psi) (CAMERA CAR)
    Gintani X Pipe
    OEM Rear Section
    BC Racing BR Coilovers
    Volk TE37SL
    Hankook RS3 255/285
    93/101 octane - 30/70
    565WHP on pump- DYNOJET

Evolve E600 Supercharged M3 6MT (6.7PSI)
    Evolve X Pipe
    Evolve Rear Section
    KW V3 Coilovers
    APEX EC-7
    Michelin PSS
    Pump Gas

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

What were your trap speeds?
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I hit 130mph from a roll, and let off before the pylons.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e92livin Click here to enlarge
    I hit 130mph from a roll, and let off before the pylons.
    That trap seems really low for that power output... What did the other car run? Im assuming you own the red car?
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    That evovle car isn't running right at all....I've been talking to the owner. Nice run though, he will be running my tune soon.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rdeterman Click here to enlarge
    That trap seems really low for that power output... What did the other car run? Im assuming you own the red car?
    very low it is a 1/2 mile and is a long distance

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I own the red M3, most people were going off a dig to get higher trap speeds, when you do a roll on it kills your trap speed and I let off before the pylons so that had a lot to do with it also. If it didn't start raining we would have gotten a much cleaner shot at it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

looking forward to running him again when hes on your tune, my set up will definitely be different by then.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I own the red M3, most people were going off a dig to get higher trap speeds, when you do a roll on it kills your trap speed and I let off before the pylons so that had a lot to do with it also. If it didn't start raining we would have gotten a much cleaner shot at it.
    I understand how it works, I attended the same event last year. I did all roll races but one and trapped between 142-145mph on all of my rolls. You have probably got 100+whp on me, that's why im confused.
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Blown M3 vs blown M3 - Gintani Stage II supercharged E92 M3 6MT goes up against an Evolve E600 supercharged E92 M3 6MT

Some hot supercharged M3 on M3 action here! This video is courtesy of a BimmerBoost member who attended a recent roll on race event in Chicago. His car is the camera car here and it is an E92 M3 with a 6-speed manual and the Gintani Stage II supercharger system. The silver E92 M3 also is a 6-speed manual car but it is equipped with the Evolve E600 supercharger kit. The Evolve car is running pump gas and less boost.

Click here to enlarge

The full specifications are below but each car has supporting mods including an aftermarket exhaust. The sound quality of the M3 with an aftermarket exhaust comes across very well in this video so turn your speakers up.

The Gintani car does pull the Evolve car but it is important to note several factors. As both cars are manual driver skill is arguably the largest variable. Additionally, the Gintani car is running higher boost with a race gas mix. On paper it should pull up top and that is exactly what happens in practice. Another camera angle would help compare how the power comes on as there is a big difference between the supercharger head units each company utilizes but essentially what we see here is the top end difference between these two particular setups.

Thank you to @e92livin for the video.

2008 E92 BMW M3 6MT
    Gintani Stage 2 Supercharged (7.5psi) (CAMERA CAR)
    Gintani X Pipe
    OEM Rear Section
    BC Racing BR Coilovers
    Volk TE37SL
    Hankook RS3 255/285
    93/101 octane - 30/70
    565WHP on pump- DYNOJET

Evolve E600 Supercharged M3 6MT (6.7PSI)
    Evolve X Pipe
    Evolve Rear Section
    KW V3 Coilovers
    APEX EC-7
    Michelin PSS
    Pump Gas
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Although this is a race video since it is about two supercharger systems for the S65 I moved this thread to the S65 section.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Love Gintani setups.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Results are about what I would expect with the Gintani running slightly higher boost. I would have a rough time driving that car without getting tickets though as I think I would find myself getting on it just to hear it!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by eric84405 Click here to enlarge
    Results are about what I would expect with the Gintani running slightly higher boost. I would have a rough time driving that car without getting tickets though as I think I would find myself getting on it just to hear it!
    Haha, yeah I do take it easy a lot, on the highway on the way to work sometimes I open it up a lot and hope for the best.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Love Gintani setups.
    It is one of the best supercharger options for the S65.. the Evolve kit does look pretty dope under the hood too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

It is one of the best supercharger options for the S65.. the Evolve kit does look pretty dope under the hood too.
    If one is interested in a custom tailored setup and they want to push the envelope a bit, it is the best option.

The Evolve kit is excellent and offers a different powerband and response.

It comes to down to personal preference.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Aren't the Evolve X-Pipes catted too?? Def has less of an impact then the boost & fuel octane being run