Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

What was your delivery time for Rb's?

Can you post your delivery time for RB turbos? It is 3 months and i get only bs from Rob. All this affer he told me 3 month ago that delivery will take 2-3 weeks after full payment. So i paied and i got nothing but bs. Click here to enlarge
    E90 335i 6MT
    JB4 G5
    FBO + Meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Same thing happened to me over a year ago. Was told 5-6 weeks and waited 13 weeks before I gave up and ended selling them to someone else before I even received them since Rob wouldn't give me my money back. I'm sure you'll get them eventually.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Enter VTT.
    Honda CBR 1000RR, Superbike Supply, Arrow, HRC, BMC, Lee's Cycle, Galfer, EBC, Revzilla, AXO, Dainese, Scorpion Helmets

Honda Grom, most fun you'll ever have on 2 wheels.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    Same thing happened to me over a year ago. Was told 5-6 weeks and waited 13 weeks before I gave up and ended selling them to someone else before I even received them since Rob wouldn't give me my money back. I'm sure you'll get them eventually.
    Not good if he's quoted a time frame in email how can he refuse a refund a few days either way fair enough but that much of a delay I'd be doing a charge back. Do you guys not have a trading standards there? I'd be quoting all my legal rights if it was a UK company I was dealing with.
    @piele_bps
    I hope u get it resolved soon.
    Mods: Cobb v3, Aquamist hfs-4, BMS DCI, AR Design DP's, ETS FMIC, ETS Charge Pipe, HKS SSQV BOV, BMS CDV, BMS OCC, BMS Clutch Stop & ptf twin disc clutch.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by kev335i Click here to enlarge
    Not good if he's quoted a time frame in email how can he refuse a refund a few days either way fair enough but that much of a delay I'd be doing a charge back. Do you guys not have a trading standards there? I'd be quoting all my legal rights if it was a UK company I was dealing with.
    @piele_bps
    I hope u get it resolved soon.
    I would have had I paid by credit card. Rob offers a disconnect when paying by money order or check, which is how I paid. In my case it wasn't like he was just taking his sweet time, he was waiting on parts he ordered from another vendor. Either way waiting twice as long as quoted sucked and a refund would have been nice.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

0 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Rob has pretty much disappeared from the scene as far as I can tell. A little competition, queue drama, rob MIA and back to his old ways of crazy production times and poor customer support.
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    We have no order aged more than 8 weeks at this time, so not sure where your figures are coming from. That is more than we would like to see and there are numerous reasons for that but shipments have now fortunately resumed after several weeks of stalled production. If you need a refund, you can simply email and ask. We typically do not decline refunds, although very rarely they are requested. (The guy above I do recall: his timing came with false competitive announcements and alongside numerous others requesting the same thing many moons ago and was declined. Sorry about that to that individual- he worked it out very easily from what I recall.) Anyway the payment is to hold a position in the ordering queue. At the end of the day we have been slammed, we have around 100 sets being processed to be better prepared but ordering these types of custom parts come with delays unfortunately. These are very hard to build, they do take a lot of time. This said we are far from disappearing, orders are abundant, so it is quite the opposite actually.

Rob

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I ordered a set of RBs and they arrived in Australia maybe 2 weeks later. Very happy with them as they fixed my smoking problem. Extra power doesn't hurt either Click here to enlarge
    Stuff

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I got my RB's a little over a year ago. I waited about 2 months if I remember correctly. Just plan on waiting awhile these are completely custom parts and Rob does all the work himself I believe. I'm very happy with my RB's they were worth the wait.
    2007 335i E92 | 6AT | MOTIV 750 single turbo | MOTIV port injection | Stage 3 LPFP | Quaife | Íhlins | Brembo | Akrapovic

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

I cannot speak for Rob, but this is how it works with us. We send enough parts our for about 25-50 sets for machining at once. The machining process is pretty extensive and usually takes a couple months, this past time we changed a couple parts so we actually had the parts back from machining before we had the new parts in by about 2 weeks. So what happens is, you get a guy who orders at the beginning of your machining cycle, and has to wait 2 months+ to get his turbos, then you have the guy who places his order the day after you get all your parts in and you ship them out the door in 7 days, one guy is pissed, one guy is happy, we have both examples in this post. We always ship in order of deposit, but the old addage always holds true, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Keep in mind we are doing all this, while also shipping many sets of N54 Stage 1's, OEM replacements, and N55 Stage 1's and 2's, industrial turbos, diesel turbos, finalizing stage 3, Shotgun HPFP's etc. If all we were doing was building stage 2 turbos, the wait would be much less, as we would be more concerned with our machining cycle turn around time. Bottom line, if you end up ordering at the beginning of a cycle expect to wait a little while to get your turbos, its really not a conspiracy or lack of initiative on anyones part. If we did not have to build from cores, none of this would ever be an issue.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Rob has been excellent with me. Just be patient the wait will be well worth it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Tony summed it up very well at a high level in his post. There are definitely compounding issues but they all will be worked around. Every custom part we make is CNC produced which takes a lot of time. We have many parts being processed at a time and sometimes that comes at the expense of production times. This year we were hit pretty hard with orders so that caused us to ramp production quantity requests for each item which slowed things even more. Remaining patient does also help tremendously as at times those who rock the boat often end up making things only take longer for everyone involved in the form of daily+ update requests. But we will get orders out as soon as humanly possible.

Still was never able to determine who the OP was and there has been no direct contact to my knowledge. Shoot over an email we are able to respond typically within a day or two max.

Thanks,
    Rob

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo Click here to enlarge
    Tony summed it up very well at a high level in his post. There are definitely compounding issues but they all will be worked around. Every custom part we make is CNC produced which takes a lot of time. We have many parts being processed at a time and sometimes that comes at the expense of production times. This year we were hit pretty hard with orders so that caused us to ramp production quantity requests for each item which slowed things even more. Remaining patient does also help tremendously as at times those who rock the boat often end up making things only take longer for everyone involved in the form of daily+ update requests. But we will get orders out as soon as humanly possible.

Still was never able to determine who the OP was and there has been no direct contact to my knowledge. Shoot over an email we are able to respond typically within a day or two max.

Thanks,
    Rob
    You have email.
    I ordered through a local dealer, but the initial disscution was directly between you and me.
    E90 335i 6MT
    JB4 G5
    FBO + Meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

I think the impatience comes from people who start ordering turbos when their old turbos are pretty much on their way out already.
    They expect an off the shelf product when instead it is a "produced on demand" product.
    It is good to hear that both RB and VTT are getting so much business these days.Click here to enlarge
    That means they'll be around so eventually get everyone who wants it an upgrade Click here to enlarge
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Had no problems with my RB turbo order. Got them within 2-3 weeks in Australia as promised by Rob.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I bought several sets of RB and is excellent.
    It took a while (short), and after sales service is the best. Click here to enlarge