Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    262
    Rep Points
    326.9
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No

    DefivFAB Lockdown Kit 6AT

    Hey is there anyone with a Defiv lockdown kit on their 6AT?

    Trying to find some reviews of 6AT owners with it but I can't seem to find any.

    I know it works well with the 6MT owners...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,931
    Rep Points
    921.6
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Hmm good question I'll be looking into buying one of these myself soon, don't see why it wouldn't benefit us the same. Can only remember one instance of wheel hop though at the track but that was on stock turbos....
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

    Click here to enlarge

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    644
    Rep Points
    684.9
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    6AT peeps tend not to load it up off the line like 6MT people do. That said with so much torque down low if you hit the limits you can start banging away. Once you strap on more power + stickier tires and get into launching on 6AT...
    Aside from the wheelhop benefit - it locks down your diff - it's pretty sloppy stock and tends to bang around, especially on higher mileage cars the 3 rubber bushings turn into garbage and then your diff is moving all over the place.

    If you have wheelhop or a sloppy diff the kit will do the trick, a bunch of kits have gone out the door to 6AT customers.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,876
    Rep Points
    31,813.7
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    258
    Rep Points
    256.3
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    What's the benefit for us xi guys?
    Titanium Silver E92 09 BMW 335i xdrive 6AT
    KW V3 coilovers, AMS FMIC, AR Catless DP, Walbro 455 LPFP, BMS DCI, Alpina B3 Trans Flash, Vargas HPFP and Rail
    Protuned via Cobb by JR TUNED @ PandL Motorsports
    75%E85/25%93 blend 430awhp/470lbs tq on AWD Dynojet
    Dyno Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE6Ed...ature=youtu.be

    Click here to enlarge

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Naples, FL
    Posts
    2,086
    Rep Points
    2,146.2
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DQE92 Click here to enlarge
    What's the benefit for us xi guys?
    Do you need two kits?




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    258
    Rep Points
    256.3
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
    Do you need two kits?
    Good question. Hopefully someone can answer.
    Titanium Silver E92 09 BMW 335i xdrive 6AT
    KW V3 coilovers, AMS FMIC, AR Catless DP, Walbro 455 LPFP, BMS DCI, Alpina B3 Trans Flash, Vargas HPFP and Rail
    Protuned via Cobb by JR TUNED @ PandL Motorsports
    75%E85/25%93 blend 430awhp/470lbs tq on AWD Dynojet
    Dyno Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE6Ed...ature=youtu.be

    Click here to enlarge

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    35
    Rep Points
    76.6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Mine has been sitting in my living room for almost a year; getting it put in around the end of July. @sammy_0559 had it in his AT though.
    RB Turbos w/ N20 TMAP Sensor | 93 Octane Protune by Cobb Plano | Alpina TCU Flash | BMS DCI | STETT CP | Forge DVs | Helix FMIC | CP-E Catted DPs | Walbro 450 | RB PCV | M3 Control Arms | Cool Carbon Pads | BBS CH | Conti DWS | Coming Soon: E85
    Hixson BMW of Monroe, LA - Shady Dealer | Got E85? Make sure you have it right.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    626
    Rep Points
    1,088.2
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    11


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by georgelb Click here to enlarge
    Mine has been sitting in my living room for almost a year; getting it put in around the end of July. @sammy_0559 had it in his AT though.
    It worked great! Paired with an LSD car felt solid launching. Mine has been sitting at the shop for a year now lol. Waiting for Vargas turbos to put car back together lol
    Click here to enlarge
    Instagram: Sammy0559
    VTX3's Click here to enlarge
    Got one more tow with AAA lets make it count Click here to enlarge

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    258
    Rep Points
    256.3
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sammy_0559 Click here to enlarge
    It worked great! Paired with an LSD car felt solid launching. Mine has been sitting at the shop for a year now lol. Waiting for Vargas turbos to put car back together lol
    Do you have any customers with a lvl10 stall? Heard you might have experience with them. I'll probably have to add the lockdown kit to the list of mods.
    Titanium Silver E92 09 BMW 335i xdrive 6AT
    KW V3 coilovers, AMS FMIC, AR Catless DP, Walbro 455 LPFP, BMS DCI, Alpina B3 Trans Flash, Vargas HPFP and Rail
    Protuned via Cobb by JR TUNED @ PandL Motorsports
    75%E85/25%93 blend 430awhp/470lbs tq on AWD Dynojet
    Dyno Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE6Ed...ature=youtu.be

    Click here to enlarge

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    30
    Rep Points
    255.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I have a 6AT car with the DEFIV lockdown kit for over a year now. No issues kit works as advertised. No wheel hop ever.
    2007 335i E92 | 6AT | MOTIV 750 single turbo | MOTIV port injection | Stage 3 LPFP | Quaife | Öhlins | Brembo | Akrapovic

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    262
    Rep Points
    326.9
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4



    Yes Reputation No
    Cool, getting mine installed this Saturday

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,516
    Rep Points
    1,690.5
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    17


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blaster400 Click here to enlarge
    I have a 6AT car with the DEFIV lockdown kit for over a year now. No issues kit works as advertised. No wheel hop ever.
    No negatives at all?
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E70 Twin Turbo Diesel JBD

    Got Boost?

    Click here to enlarge

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    30
    Rep Points
    255.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    No negatives at all?
    Only SLIGHT negative was a minor increase in NVH. But I cannot completely blame the lockdown kit because I had M3 subframe bushings installed at the same time. Others have had added NVH with Quaife + M3 subframe bushings without the lockdown kit. The NVH is quite minor and I have learned to live with it. It is a small tradeoff to eliminate wheel hop and broken axels.
    2007 335i E92 | 6AT | MOTIV 750 single turbo | MOTIV port injection | Stage 3 LPFP | Quaife | Öhlins | Brembo | Akrapovic

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,516
    Rep Points
    1,690.5
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    17


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blaster400 Click here to enlarge
    Only SLIGHT negative was a minor increase in NVH. But I cannot completely blame the lockdown kit because I had M3 subframe bushings installed at the same time. Others have had added NVH with Quaife + M3 subframe bushings without the lockdown kit. The NVH is quite minor and I have learned to live with it. It is a small tradeoff to eliminate wheel hop and broken axels.
    When do you notice the NVH? I don't really mind as I have a chattering clutch and plan on 'firming' up other things. Just curious.
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E70 Twin Turbo Diesel JBD

    Got Boost?

    Click here to enlarge

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    30
    Rep Points
    255.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    When do you notice the NVH? I don't really mind as I have a chattering clutch and plan on 'firming' up other things. Just curious.
    I sometimes notice a slight "clunk" sound when transmission shifts gears. Also a minor "growl" sound from the rear axle area under minor load. Probably to be expected when you replace factory soft rubber bushings with more solid bushings.

    I understand that duramat can eliminate these sounds but not worth the effort for me. I barely notice anymore actually.
    2007 335i E92 | 6AT | MOTIV 750 single turbo | MOTIV port injection | Stage 3 LPFP | Quaife | Öhlins | Brembo | Akrapovic

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    73
    Rep Points
    66.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DQE92 Click here to enlarge
    Do you have any customers with a lvl10 stall? Heard you might have experience with them. I'll probably have to add the lockdown kit to the list of mods.
    Sammy installed the level 10 torque converter and VB on my car. I also have the lockdown. I've experienced the same as other people above. There is a little bit more harshness in the shifts, but you get used to it.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,605
    Rep Points
    2,604.7
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jeff75225 Click here to enlarge
    Sammy installed the level 10 torque converter and VB on my car. I also have the lockdown. I've experienced the same as other people above. There is a little bit more harshness in the shifts, but you get used to it.
    Anything specific to the VB you could share? I know it's hard to isolate one thing if you installed other related parts at the same time.

    My car slips the 3-4 shift - it always engages but slips. My very rudimentary math says shimming the VB is probably the most viable current solution. It's not brutally expensive so i'll probably do it this fall unless someone pipes up with information suggesting otherwise.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    258
    Rep Points
    256.3
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jeff75225 Click here to enlarge
    Sammy installed the level 10 torque converter and VB on my car. I also have the lockdown. I've experienced the same as other people above. There is a little bit more harshness in the shifts, but you get used to it.
    Did you have the stalled raised and can you launch harder from a dig?
    Titanium Silver E92 09 BMW 335i xdrive 6AT
    KW V3 coilovers, AMS FMIC, AR Catless DP, Walbro 455 LPFP, BMS DCI, Alpina B3 Trans Flash, Vargas HPFP and Rail
    Protuned via Cobb by JR TUNED @ PandL Motorsports
    75%E85/25%93 blend 430awhp/470lbs tq on AWD Dynojet
    Dyno Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE6Ed...ature=youtu.be

    Click here to enlarge

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    73
    Rep Points
    66.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    Anything specific to the VB you could share? I know it's hard to isolate one thing if you installed other related parts at the same time.

    My car slips the 3-4 shift - it always engages but slips. My very rudimentary math says shimming the VB is probably the most viable current solution. It's not brutally expensive so i'll probably do it this fall unless someone pipes up with information suggesting otherwise.
    I think we've talked about this before lol. Yeah, I used to have the slipping from 3-4 and even 4-5 pretty much the day after I got my RB's installed. After the VB, that issue went away. The drivablity is the same. I remember the shifts being harsher at first, but Sammy said the car just had to adapt, so don't be concerned by it at first lol.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    73
    Rep Points
    66.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DQE92 Click here to enlarge
    Did you have the stalled raised and can you launch harder from a dig?
    They said they raised the stall some, but I'm not sure what they set it to.
    My car sometimes bogs while launching (especially starting in 2nd), so I'm still trying to figure it out. I think I may not be launching hard enough or not brake boosting to a high enough RPM. I probably need a driver mod lol. I just need more time at the strip.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,605
    Rep Points
    2,604.7
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jeff75225 Click here to enlarge
    I think we've talked about this before lol. Yeah, I used to have the slipping from 3-4 and even 4-5 pretty much the day after I got my RB's installed. After the VB, that issue went away. The drivablity is the same. I remember the shifts being harsher at first, but Sammy said the car just had to adapt, so don't be concerned by it at first lol.
    Oooo we absolutely have, I totally forgot. Thanks for the response man. Looks like this is the route to go...I wonder what the turnaround time would be.

    Hey @ what (if anything) would you recommend in terms of storing a car while the VB is off being built? By that I mean- can I just put the car cover on and let it chill? Or is there some type of dust screen that I need to think through while the VB is out.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    73
    Rep Points
    66.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    Oooo we absolutely have, I totally forgot. Thanks for the response man. Looks like this is the route to go...I wonder what the turnaround time would be.

    Hey sammy_0559 what (if anything) would you recommend in terms of storing a car while the VB is off being built? By that I mean- can I just put the car cover on and let it chill? Or is there some type of dust screen that I need to think through while the VB is out.
    Yeah, no problem! I've heard their turnaround is excellent. Mine was during those bad ice storms last year, so UPS was to blame there.

    Hmm. I'm not sure. My car was just sitting at Sammy's shop, and I don't know if he did anything special. @sammy_0559 ?

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    626
    Rep Points
    1,088.2
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    11


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    just drop the VB put in garbage bag, then throw away...


    Jk. put in garbage bag then bubble wrap the CRap out of it, make sure you protect the little plastic tab that locks sleeve into place. as far as the car goes just put the oil pan/filter back on and put a shop towel in sleeve hole so nothing gets in. thats about it haha

    or ship to texas Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Instagram: Sammy0559
    VTX3's Click here to enlarge
    Got one more tow with AAA lets make it count Click here to enlarge

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    258
    Rep Points
    256.3
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jeff75225 Click here to enlarge
    They said they raised the stall some, but I'm not sure what they set it to.
    My car sometimes bogs while launching (especially starting in 2nd), so I'm still trying to figure it out. I think I may not be launching hard enough or not brake boosting to a high enough RPM. I probably need a driver mod lol. I just need more time at the strip.
    So they just raised the stall but your not sure what it's supposed to stall too?

    Did you ask for a certain stall rpm?
    Titanium Silver E92 09 BMW 335i xdrive 6AT
    KW V3 coilovers, AMS FMIC, AR Catless DP, Walbro 455 LPFP, BMS DCI, Alpina B3 Trans Flash, Vargas HPFP and Rail
    Protuned via Cobb by JR TUNED @ PandL Motorsports
    75%E85/25%93 blend 430awhp/470lbs tq on AWD Dynojet
    Dyno Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE6Ed...ature=youtu.be

    Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •