Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

DefivFAB Lockdown Kit 6AT

Hey is there anyone with a Defiv lockdown kit on their 6AT?

Trying to find some reviews of 6AT owners with it but I can't seem to find any.

I know it works well with the 6MT owners...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hmm good question I'll be looking into buying one of these myself soon, don't see why it wouldn't benefit us the same. Can only remember one instance of wheel hop though at the track but that was on stock turbos....
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    6AT peeps tend not to load it up off the line like 6MT people do. That said with so much torque down low if you hit the limits you can start banging away. Once you strap on more power + stickier tires and get into launching on 6AT...
    Aside from the wheelhop benefit - it locks down your diff - it's pretty sloppy stock and tends to bang around, especially on higher mileage cars the 3 rubber bushings turn into garbage and then your diff is moving all over the place.

If you have wheelhop or a sloppy diff the kit will do the trick, a bunch of kits have gone out the door to 6AT customers.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What's the benefit for us xi guys?
    Titanium Silver E92 09 BMW 335i xdrive 6AT
    KW V3 coilovers, AMS FMIC, AR Catless DP, Walbro 455 LPFP, BMS DCI, Alpina B3 Trans Flash, Vargas HPFP and Rail
    Protuned via Cobb by JR TUNED @ PandL Motorsports
    75%E85/25%93 blend 430awhp/470lbs tq on AWD Dynojet
    Dyno Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE6Ed...ature=youtu.be

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DQE92 Click here to enlarge
    What's the benefit for us xi guys?
    Do you need two kits?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
    Do you need two kits?
    Good question. Hopefully someone can answer.
    KW V3 coilovers, AMS FMIC, AR Catless DP, Walbro 455 LPFP, BMS DCI, Alpina B3 Trans Flash, Vargas HPFP and Rail

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Mine has been sitting in my living room for almost a year; getting it put in around the end of July. @sammy_0559 had it in his AT though.
    RB Turbos w/ N20 TMAP Sensor | 93 Octane Protune by Cobb Plano | Alpina TCU Flash | BMS DCI | STETT CP | Forge DVs | Helix FMIC | CP-E Catted DPs | Walbro 450 | RB PCV | M3 Control Arms | Cool Carbon Pads | BBS CH | Conti DWS | Coming Soon: E85
    Hixson BMW of Monroe, LA - Shady Dealer | Got E85? Make sure you have it right.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by georgelb Click here to enlarge
    Mine has been sitting in my living room for almost a year; getting it put in around the end of July. @sammy_0559 had it in his AT though.
    It worked great! Paired with an LSD car felt solid launching. Mine has been sitting at the shop for a year now lol. Waiting for Vargas turbos to put car back together lol
    Click here to enlarge
    Instagram: Sammy0559
    VTX3's Click here to enlarge
    Got one more tow with AAA lets make it count Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sammy_0559 Click here to enlarge
    It worked great! Paired with an LSD car felt solid launching. Mine has been sitting at the shop for a year now lol. Waiting for Vargas turbos to put car back together lol
    Do you have any customers with a lvl10 stall? Heard you might have experience with them. I'll probably have to add the lockdown kit to the list of mods.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I have a 6AT car with the DEFIV lockdown kit for over a year now. No issues kit works as advertised. No wheel hop ever.
    2007 335i E92 | 6AT | MOTIV 750 single turbo | MOTIV port injection | Stage 3 LPFP | Quaife | Öhlins | Brembo | Akrapovic

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cool, getting mine installed this Saturday

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blaster400 Click here to enlarge
    I have a 6AT car with the DEFIV lockdown kit for over a year now. No issues kit works as advertised. No wheel hop ever.
    No negatives at all?
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E70 Twin Turbo Diesel JBD

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    No negatives at all?
    Only SLIGHT negative was a minor increase in NVH. But I cannot completely blame the lockdown kit because I had M3 subframe bushings installed at the same time. Others have had added NVH with Quaife + M3 subframe bushings without the lockdown kit. The NVH is quite minor and I have learned to live with it. It is a small tradeoff to eliminate wheel hop and broken axels.
    2007 335i E92 | 6AT | MOTIV 750 single turbo | MOTIV port injection | Stage 3 LPFP | Quaife | Öhlins | Brembo | Akrapovic

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blaster400 Click here to enlarge
    Only SLIGHT negative was a minor increase in NVH. But I cannot completely blame the lockdown kit because I had M3 subframe bushings installed at the same time. Others have had added NVH with Quaife + M3 subframe bushings without the lockdown kit. The NVH is quite minor and I have learned to live with it. It is a small tradeoff to eliminate wheel hop and broken axels.
    When do you notice the NVH? I don't really mind as I have a chattering clutch and plan on 'firming' up other things. Just curious.
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E70 Twin Turbo Diesel JBD

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    When do you notice the NVH? I don't really mind as I have a chattering clutch and plan on 'firming' up other things. Just curious.
    I sometimes notice a slight "clunk" sound when transmission shifts gears. Also a minor "growl" sound from the rear axle area under minor load. Probably to be expected when you replace factory soft rubber bushings with more solid bushings.

I understand that duramat can eliminate these sounds but not worth the effort for me. I barely notice anymore actually.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do you have any customers with a lvl10 stall? Heard you might have experience with them. I'll probably have to add the lockdown kit to the list of mods.
    Sammy installed the level 10 torque converter and VB on my car. I also have the lockdown. I've experienced the same as other people above. There is a little bit more harshness in the shifts, but you get used to it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jeff75225 Click here to enlarge
    Sammy installed the level 10 torque converter and VB on my car. I also have the lockdown. I've experienced the same as other people above. There is a little bit more harshness in the shifts, but you get used to it.
    Anything specific to the VB you could share? I know it's hard to isolate one thing if you installed other related parts at the same time.

My car slips the 3-4 shift - it always engages but slips. My very rudimentary math says shimming the VB is probably the most viable current solution. It's not brutally expensive so i'll probably do it this fall unless someone pipes up with information suggesting otherwise.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Did you have the stalled raised and can you launch harder from a dig?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    Anything specific to the VB you could share? I know it's hard to isolate one thing if you installed other related parts at the same time.

My car slips the 3-4 shift - it always engages but slips. My very rudimentary math says shimming the VB is probably the most viable current solution. It's not brutally expensive so i'll probably do it this fall unless someone pipes up with information suggesting otherwise.
    I think we've talked about this before lol. Yeah, I used to have the slipping from 3-4 and even 4-5 pretty much the day after I got my RB's installed. After the VB, that issue went away. The drivablity is the same. I remember the shifts being harsher at first, but Sammy said the car just had to adapt, so don't be concerned by it at first lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Did you have the stalled raised and can you launch harder from a dig?
    They said they raised the stall some, but I'm not sure what they set it to.
    My car sometimes bogs while launching (especially starting in 2nd), so I'm still trying to figure it out. I think I may not be launching hard enough or not brake boosting to a high enough RPM. I probably need a driver mod lol. I just need more time at the strip.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

I think we've talked about this before lol. Yeah, I used to have the slipping from 3-4 and even 4-5 pretty much the day after I got my RB's installed. After the VB, that issue went away. The drivablity is the same. I remember the shifts being harsher at first, but Sammy said the car just had to adapt, so don't be concerned by it at first lol.
    Oooo we absolutely have, I totally forgot. Thanks for the response man. Looks like this is the route to go...I wonder what the turnaround time would be.

Hey @ what (if anything) would you recommend in terms of storing a car while the VB is off being built? By that I mean- can I just put the car cover on and let it chill? Or is there some type of dust screen that I need to think through while the VB is out.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    Oooo we absolutely have, I totally forgot. Thanks for the response man. Looks like this is the route to go...I wonder what the turnaround time would be.

Hey sammy_0559 what (if anything) would you recommend in terms of storing a car while the VB is off being built? By that I mean- can I just put the car cover on and let it chill? Or is there some type of dust screen that I need to think through while the VB is out.
    Yeah, no problem! I've heard their turnaround is excellent. Mine was during those bad ice storms last year, so UPS was to blame there.

Hmm. I'm not sure. My car was just sitting at Sammy's shop, and I don't know if he did anything special. @sammy_0559 ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

just drop the VB put in garbage bag, then throw away...

Jk. put in garbage bag then bubble wrap the CRap out of it, make sure you protect the little plastic tab that locks sleeve into place. as far as the car goes just put the oil pan/filter back on and put a shop towel in sleeve hole so nothing gets in. thats about it haha

or ship to texas Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Instagram: Sammy0559
    VTX3's Click here to enlarge
    Got one more tow with AAA lets make it count Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They said they raised the stall some, but I'm not sure what they set it to.
    My car sometimes bogs while launching (especially starting in 2nd), so I'm still trying to figure it out. I think I may not be launching hard enough or not brake boosting to a high enough RPM. I probably need a driver mod lol. I just need more time at the strip.
    So they just raised the stall but your not sure what it's supposed to stall too?

Did you ask for a certain stall rpm?

Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast