Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

DCT Tuning options

Don't suppose there may be a particular thread on this already (read a few attempts at various DCT modifications but not a generic tuning guide to get progression started!)

I'm just looking to see if there is anyone working out there on being able to modify the DCT ECU parts of the 335?

A few things come to mind:

- Clutch pressure (for different modes D/S/Sport)
    - Launch control RPM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Allegedly Gintani has a legit DCT upgrade to keep pace with their Built Motor/FI setups.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah i've heard they have an option, I guess I was thinking more for some development within the community like the bbflash project! I'm sure there's a few, including myself, who would be keen to help however we can! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

He's looking more for something you can do yourself. Unfortunately, nothing is available in that regard.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

To be on the safe side, everything you need is a driver mod and for the TCU to see true load values etc

Also if you live in NA update the software to ILA0S if you don't want to deal with risks

If your a DIY person there is a thread around here about updating individual modules on our cars using the latest BMW Tools end user software supposedly it can check for the latest DCT software and flash it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you mean INPA?

That INPA is a nightmare to setup and use ha! But I have used it before. Be good to log and see what it changes and how....

What do you mean by driver mod? and what is the difference in load values the TCU does see? Is it something that can be logged from the ECU?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    To be on the safe side, everything you need is a driver mod and for the TCU to see true load values etc

Also if you live in NA update the software to ILA0S if you don't want to deal with risks

If your a DIY person there is a thread around here about updating individual modules on our cars using the latest BMW Tools end user software supposedly it can check for the latest DCT software and flash it.
    Which is the best recomended load values for DCT ? I notice, that DCT have issue when my load > 230

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by frogga Click here to enlarge
    you mean INPA?

That INPA is a nightmare to setup and use ha! But I have used it before. Be good to log and see what it changes and how....

What do you mean by driver mod? and what is the difference in load values the TCU does see? Is it something that can be logged from the ECU?
    INPA is one that you have to use to get some info, the other I think is called Tools32 not sure.

Drive mod = a person that knows and experienced in driving DCT. Most drivers try to use a DCT like they do a AT rather than treating it like a MT.

Piggyback tuning the TCU does not see true load. Last I heard Terry was using a method of sending a "scaled" signal to the TCU to prevent slippage on the DCT. However I dont know if this scaled signal is static of dynamic.

Flash tuning the TCU always see true load there for the proper presure to the clutches are applied based on actual load to torque values and reduces the chances of overheating the DCT.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ncat10 Click here to enlarge
    Which is the best recomended load values for DCT ? I notice, that DCT have issue when my load > 230
    I am assuming 230 load is to target 19 PSI due to your elevation ? If this is case I am at sea level and 192 load hits 19-20 PSI and my DCT has not problem. Are you flash tuned or piggyback tuned ?

The PTF tuning for N54 DCT cars has monstrous torque, and my DCT had no issues with it...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    INPA is for diagnostics mostly.Tool32 is not used to update modules. WinKFP is used to update the modules.
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rooringhusky Click here to enlarge
    INPA is for diagnostics mostly.Tool32 is not used to update modules. WinKFP is used to update the modules.
    Yes correct "WinKFP", thanks, couldnt remember what the damn thing was called