Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Cobb gurus, please help me out!

Hey, gents.

Since installing my AP, I had been having a few issues which I'm in the process of working out. I'm hoping some of you can help me here.

Began with running the Stage 1 Aggressive map on an otherwise bone stock car ('09 xi auto w/23k). Issues started with a cyl 2 misfire code and CEL which was cured with a new coil and change of plugs. Then I noticed some hesitation under heavy throttle and threw a P2a2d code (low fuel pressure system). I've since switched to the Sport map and it seems to be pulling very strong and to my liking. Hoping that it is just sh*tty 93 octane in my area causing the issues on the other map.

I will admit, I'm very new to tuning and reading logs. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Click here to enlarge

Log is from a 4th gear pull.

http://datazap.me/u/erikscheuneman/335xi-stage-1-sport?log=0&data=3-13-14-15
    Attached Files Attached Files

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Use www.datazap.me to post up the log. It makes viewing sooo much easier
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    Use www.datazap.me to post up the log. It makes viewing sooo much easier
    He did. Just forgot the URL tags

http://datazap.me/u/erikscheuneman/3...ata=3-13-14-15

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JC335xi Click here to enlarge

Yep, I just didn't see it.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JC335xi Click here to enlarge
    Thanks!

So what do you guys think? I was advised my LPFP is failing, but by the looks of the log it didn't seem critically bad.

Everything else seems to look pretty solid, IMO. But I have much to learn.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

The LPFP looks fine to me. As does the rest of the log. Are you AT? There was a noticeable dip in TPS early in the log but it looks like you may have triggered a downshift early in the log and that may have been the cause of the drop out.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    The LPFP looks fine to me. As does the rest of the log. Are you AT? There was a noticeable dip in TPS early in the log but it looks like you may have triggered a downshift early in the log and that may have been the cause of the drop out.
    Thanks for your input and yes, I'm AT.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cobb gurus, please help me out! (continued)

Here are two logs of the Aggressive map. No hiccups at all during the pull that I noticed. Done from 3rd gear which seemed to be very short.

I noticed the LPFP is getting down into the low 50's now... Give me some advice here.

http://datazap.me/u/erikscheuneman/s...og=0&data=3-18

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    It seems to be pulling strong and the logs seem to look alright (aside from LPFP psi in the 50's)... Give me some input, boys.

I'll be keeping an eye on the fuel pressure for sure. Here's two more short pulls.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Seymour Boost Click here to enlarge
    It seems to be pulling strong and the logs seem to look alright (aside from LPFP psi in the 50's)... Give me some input, boys.

I'll be keeping an eye on the fuel pressure for sure. Here's two more short pulls.

If anyone wants to look the logs over...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

The logs look fine. AFRs are good and there aren't any timing corrections. Boost looks steady and you don't have any throttle closures. I wouldn't worry about logging your HPFP or LPFP pressures since you're only running a pump fuel map. The only time you would need to log those are if you are running higher percentages of E85. What you probably should look at logging is the timing in cylinder 1 though I'm sure that's probably fine too since you don't really have any serious cylinder timing corrections.

What gear are you doing this all in? If you're an AT it looks as though you are hitting the kickdown and it's changing down a gear. If you're going to do a datalog pull best to probably do it in 3rd gear and avoid hitting the kickdown switch so you stay in 3rd gear the whole time.
    Stuff

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by froop Click here to enlarge
    The logs look fine. AFRs are good and there aren't any timing corrections. Boost looks steady and you don't have any throttle closures. I wouldn't worry about logging your HPFP or LPFP pressures since you're only running a pump fuel map. The only time you would need to log those are if you are running higher percentages of E85. What you probably should look at logging is the timing in cylinder 1 though I'm sure that's probably fine too since you don't really have any serious cylinder timing corrections.

What gear are you doing this all in? If you're an AT it looks as though you are hitting the kickdown and it's changing down a gear. If you're going to do a datalog pull best to probably do it in 3rd gear and avoid hitting the kickdown switch so you stay in 3rd gear the whole time.
    Thanks for the input!

I installed a kickdown blocker and took some logs of a 3rd gear pull. I included cyl. 1 timing in this one and it looks absolutely terrible. It's holding boost nicely and minimal corrections, but the timing in cyl. 1 worries me.

Any help?

http://datazap.me/u/erikscheuneman/n...og=0&data=3-18

http://datazap.me/u/erikscheuneman/n...og=0&data=3-18

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

It looks good. The low timing is indicative of a map that probably isn't targeting much timing. The more aggressive maps requiring better octane fuels will have more timing.

I guess your LPFP pressures do look a little low although your HPFP pressures are fine so I'd assume you don't have any issues with volume. Maybe your LPFP is tired. @SteveAZ is the go to guy for these things though.
    Last edited by froop; 07-16-2014 at 07:19 PM.
    Stuff

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by froop Click here to enlarge
    I guess your LPFP pressures do look a little low although your HPFP pressures are fine so I'd assume you don't have any issues with volume. Maybe your LPFP is tired. @SteveAZ is the go to guy for these things though.
    At your current levels I'd say the LPFP and HPFP are fine. Just keep an eye on it as you continue to dial things in. If you start increasing your ethanol content or your fuel system starts showing more signs of distress you may want to consider an upgrade. You're always welcome to contact me via the website, PM me here, or email me directly at bmw.fuelkits@gmail.com.

Thanks
    Click here to enlarge
    Click on the banner to visit our store...