Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I've flashed my Kline car (build 11/2006) with Sony Vaio laptop (core i5). Sometimes the voltage reading was showing but after second "ID ECU" it was gone. Since I changed my BT cable to USB3 port it has been working just fine. Hope that's the case with you too.

I still have some issues with bin files which I try to solve. JB4 backend flashes has been working fine but they are for US cars. With these files I have DMTL fault codes + sometimes the check engine lights up because of that.

I've made map changes with TunerPro to the copy of my original bin (always with HEX values) but when I use that bin the engine won't start (different XDF?). After that I've flashed only the map area with JB4 backend flash the car runs ok... but the DMTL faults are still present.

Next time when I have time, I'm going to force write the stock bin, write it again with normal mode and try to load the modified bin map area. If that's not working, I seriously consider to change my tune to COBB.
    Last edited by -335i-; 06-29-2014 at 04:04 PM. Reason: misspelling

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

What is the software version you have? There's many XDF files available, but if you don't have one for your cars software and are having issues I'd also advocate cobb. The open source is great but still under development and definitely not for every car yet.

If you're very into helping, you could use winOLS to compare your stock bin to one already defined, and pick out the tables and setup a proper xdf for your software version. Tables should be very close and look the same, just with possibly minor shifts in memory addresses.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can you guys let me know what you think to these logs.
    these are the first logs iv done with wedges flash
    Attached Files Attached Files

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The software version (MSD80) is 7.213

+The car has a cold climate package so I'm guessing the DME is controlling some heating elements? That's the second reason I'm eager to have my original bin modded.

If there's no ready XDF files I'll check the winOLS and try to sort it out.

Thanks for the info.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

http://datazap.me/u/e92-420/jb4wedge...log=0&data=1-4
    Can anybody tell me what these logs look like as they mean nothing to me and would like to know if the flash is working right

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

They're getting better. Your trims are still a little wacky but they since you just cleared the adaptations they may (looks like they are) getting better. Drive around for a day or two and post more logs to see if your fuel trims even out a little more.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tifosielia Click here to enlarge
    They're getting better. Your trims are still a little wacky but they since you just cleared the adaptations they may (looks like they are) getting better. Drive around for a day or two and post more logs to see if your fuel trims even out a little more.
    Thanks for replying. Ill post some more over weekend

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Can't read too much into that log as you went WOT at 4200 RPMs. When you re-log, please start at <2K RPM in 3rd gear--gives a much better snapshot of how your motor is responding.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Just for update; There is definitely some differencies on eurospec XDF files. I've tried various ways to update the map area without success. Used different XDF files, made changes with TunerPro from various bins, flashed the car to stock and tried to update only the map area with different bins...

WinOLS is truly challenging and time consuming, like searching for a needle in a haystack. I've started to make known map areas on JB4 backend flash bin from the proper XDF file. After that I'm going to to compare those areas with my original bin. There's a variations in values even between stock maps so it wont be the easiest thing to do.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by -335i- Click here to enlarge
    Just for update; There is definitely some differencies on eurospec XDF files. I've tried various ways to update the map area without success. Used different XDF files, made changes with TunerPro from various bins, flashed the car to stock and tried to update only the map area with different bins...

WinOLS is truly challenging and time consuming, like searching for a needle in a haystack. I've started to make known map areas on JB4 backend flash bin from the proper XDF file. After that I'm going to to compare those areas with my original bin. There's a variations in values even between stock maps so it wont be the easiest thing to do.
    Yeah I know, it gets easier but still takes a while. A pro could probably get a new rom defined in about 2 or 3 full days maybe, but yeah. I'd try to just hit the main things like afr, timing, fuel scalar, Vanos (warm), load and the relevant nannies/codes. The rest isn't a big deal. The shape of those tables should be pretty consistent across ROMs if you compare originals. This is why cobb costs so much haha.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Ok, I guess I've addressed the problem... unless there's something more on undefined items. I've compared stock bins between EU, UK and US + JB4 backend flash.

The obvious difference(s) between US and EU bins:

[5F21E-5F25D] Load Target 1 RPM:
    EU starting from value 1300 (1300, 1775, 1900, 2250, 2600, 3000, 3250...)
    US starting from value 1775 (1775, 1900, 2250, 2750, 3000, 3250, 3700...)

[5F23E-5F25D] Load Target 1:
    EU RPM header starts from value 1300 (1300, 1775, 1900, 2250, 2600, 3000, 3250...)
    US RPM header starts from value 1775 (1775, 1900, 2250, 2750, 3000, 3250, 3700...)

[5F342-5F361] Load Target 2 RPM:
    EU starting from value 1300 (1300, 1775, 1900, 2250, 2600, 3000, 3250...)
    US starting from value 1775 (1775, 1900, 2250, 2750, 3000, 3250, 3700...)

[5F362-5F381] Load Target 2:
    EU RPM header starts from value 1300 (1300, 1775, 1900, 2250, 2600, 3000, 3250...)
    US RPM header starts from value 1775 (1775, 1900, 2250, 2750, 3000, 3250, 3700...)

There is some other (minor) differencies on diagnostic codes and EU-spec cars Torque Monitor Ceiling starting values are bit higher.

The solution could be not to copy Load Target values... but instead change the values manually? What do you Pro guys think?

BTW. the car is -07 MT 335i (MSD80 - I8A0S)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

http://www.datazap.me/u/e92-420/map-...&data=1-3-4-14

OK so left the car to adapt for a couple of days and done another log, theres a 3rd and a 4th gear pull on this link.
    Please let me know what you guys think to them? the car is now in map 3 with meth disabled and meth flow set at 40.
    fuel trims seem a little better IMO but would like a full run down on everything else

Thanks

car is an 06 AT with JB4 G5 ISO and wedge pump flash FBO and using shell VPower 99 RON fuel
    UK
    wedge tuned
    RB turbo FBO 335i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Looks like you're running too much timing advance for your fuel as the DME pulls advance twice in third gear. Also, your boost target is pretty wonky for JB4 Map 3. Is your meth flow scale set at 40 or your meth boost additive set at 40? Meth flow scale should be set at 60 and boost additive adjusted to suit your needs.

It's best to go WOT in your logs at or below 2K RPMs in 3rd gear to get the best snapshot of your motor.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by EvanL Click here to enlarge
    Looks like you're running too much timing advance for your fuel as the DME pulls advance twice in third gear. Also, your boost target is pretty wonky for JB4 Map 3. Is your meth flow scale set at 40 or your meth boost additive set at 40? Meth flow scale should be set at 60 and boost additive adjusted to suit your needs.

It's best to go WOT in your logs at or below 2K RPMs in 3rd gear to get the best snapshot of your motor.
    Sorry my bad, meth flow is set at 60 and meth boost additive is set at 40. Yes I felt the boost fluctuate when I did that pull. Any ideas on how I can get things running right? Probly a different flash?
    UK
    wedge tuned
    RB turbo FBO 335i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Had the same problem last night.
    Got one of my buddies to come over with his laptop. He had Windows 8 on it and it wrote first try with no problems.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bimmer330 Click here to enlarge
    Had the same problem last night.
    Got one of my buddies to come over with his laptop. He had Windows 8 on it and it wrote first try with no problems.
    Excellent. Glad to hear it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Going to try this on my surface pro in the near future. My buddy said he was having less issues flashing with windows 8.1.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12