Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Good luck monica! Can't wait to see the results. Are you going to brush up on your standard shifting skills on another vehicle first? lol
    haha nah i got this, im actually excited to row gears in a fast car again rather than in big rigs and what not on the ice at work haha
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    haha nah i got this, im actually excited to row gears in a fast car again rather than in big rigs and what not on the ice at work haha
    Do you drive any 16gear rigs up there? Those are always interesting... Lol shift every 5mph
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Do you drive any 16gear rigs up there? Those are always interesting... Lol shift every 5mph
    haha 18 spd FTW

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    IIRC, the M5/M6 DCT is the same as the M3/335is including clutches and basket. M5/M6's are putting out those torque numbers with a much fatter area under the curve; no reason it couldn't hold the power.
    One person who gets it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    One person who gets it.
    not gonna spend hours searching the threads, what was the point your DCT started slipping? wtq that is?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    IIRC, the M5/M6 DCT is the same as the M3/335is including clutches and basket. M5/M6's are putting out those torque numbers with a much fatter area under the curve; no reason it couldn't hold the power.
    One person who gets it.
    not gonna spend hours searching the threads, what was the point your DCT started slipping? wtq that is?
    ok i found your article. Stock DCT slipping at ~550wtq.... my stock auto slipping at ~640wtq...

yea you guys get it LOL

at this point the DCT is just as big or bigger of a gamble than the 6AT.. built or not..

if the DCT was proven built even to hold 700wtq or more, id go that route doesnt matter the cost. im in for what works and at this point only a 6mt will work for sure.

if i am proven wrong and see the DCT or a built auto compatible to the car holding the torque i am making and then some, ill go that route.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

at this point the DCT is just as big or bigger of a gamble than the 6AT.. built or not..
    No it isn't because what you are missing is that he is saying this same trans is used in the M5/M6 which make more torque... and he's right.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

No it isn't because what you are missing is that he is saying this same trans is used in the M5/M6 which make more torque... and he's right.
    I'm not in the mood to Google all night lol. How much wtq are they putting down and if it's the same dct then I still don't get it as yours was slipping at 550 ish wtq..

I'm here to learn when it comes to transmissions especially if there is a viable option other than 6mt

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

How much wtq are they putting down and if it's the same dct then I still don't get it as yours was slipping at 550 ish wtq..
    Because mine was designed for less torque and not a twin turbo V8. It just goes to show the same basic DCT box that everyone has can handle a good amount of torque.

If you look at this Terry is hitting 636 wheel torque on the stock box: http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.p...r-on-a-Dynojet

This M6 with meth is at 650: http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.p...orsepower-dyno

The changes I'm making will take the capability past this. Keep in mind I'm also revving much higher.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Because mine was designed for less torque and not a twin turbo V8. It just goes to show the same basic DCT box that everyone has can handle a good amount of torque.

If you look at this Terry is hitting 636 wheel torque on the stock box: http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.p...r-on-a-Dynojet

This M6 with meth is at 650: http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.p...orsepower-dyno

The changes I'm making will take the capability past this. Keep in mind I'm also revving much higher.

ok impressive i admit. but either way with yours slipping at 550 ish, and those two likely not being beaten down as often as mine and having very similar torque to mine, still a huge gamble until a built DCT is released and tested

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

ok impressive i admit. but either way with yours slipping at 550 ish, and those two likely not being beaten down as often as mine and having very similar torque to mine, still a huge gamble until a built DCT is released and tested
    The real question is does PTF allow your DME to still calculate real time load, or have they skewed it in some way. A DCT won't play well unless it knows how much power is being produced.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)

It will take 750whp in the MT to match the performance of 650whp in the auto... Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    It will take 750whp in the MT to match the performance of 650whp in the auto... Click here to enlarge
    true but i can easy make 750whp with a manual. on the auto we are limited to 650-675whp. id rather go manual and 750whp than get a new auto and turn down to 650 and wonder when it will fail again

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)

The other thing with the MT is it should be faster from a dig. Can't fault you at all for making the swap. AT options are very limited.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

right, will be much faster from a dig.. but ill start finding the next weak links then.. all trade offs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    6mt + 2step vids pls.

should be huuuuge fireballs pouring from that big exhaust Click here to enlarge
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    6mt + 2step vids pls.

should be huuuuge fireballs pouring from that big exhaust Click here to enlarge

brendun pls

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

My personal opinion is that it is not because someone else already ran these upgrades with more torque but there's stuff you can't say and blah blah blah.

It really isn't that big of a deal. The DCT is less of a gamble than Level 10 as Getrag is the one who already shows the box can take more torque. Level 10 isn't Getrag.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

My personal opinion is that it is not because someone else already ran these upgrades with more torque but there's stuff you can't say and blah blah blah.

It really isn't that big of a deal. The DCT is less of a gamble than Level 10 as Getrag is the one who already shows the box can take more torque. Level 10 isn't Getrag.

i hear ya, not going level 10, would have tried it if they were gonna basically give it to me to test but never had the intention of paying for it.

On the DCT, if there is a built one i can buy, point me in the right direction.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

i hear ya, not going level 10, would have tried it if they were gonna basically give it to me to test but never had the intention of paying for it.

On the DCT, if there is a built one i can buy, point me in the right direction.
    http://dodsonmotorsport.com/?cat=86

Last I heard they were also looking for someone to build one for and test it. I'll text you though, this was the first company I was going to work with. Quite well known in the GTR world.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

has anyone managed to crack the DCT ECU yet? Or is anyone trying?

Would be nice to get control over clutch pressure, as I understand the clutch plates aren't much use unless you can modify the pressure as well?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

@Sticky when your car is done will Gintani have an official built DCT to release? if that's soon maybe dan can wait til then
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TVPhoto Click here to enlarge
    Is your clutch slipping?
    Well now it's slipping lol.
    pt6466 FFTEC 335i
    gtx3076r FFTEC Evo IX

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CaptainInsano Click here to enlarge
    Well now it's slipping lol.
    What clutch do you have?
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rawad1017 Click here to enlarge
    @Sticky when your car is done will Gintani have an official built DCT to release? if that's soon maybe dan can wait til then
    whataya say @Sticky if its in the near future, i may hold out

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast