Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Well, one of the best upgrades on the market for the 6hp26 is from nizpro n AUS, and that's where my transmission build is coming from and will be offering upgrades soon. Exedy makes an upgraded clutch pack, and there are lots of Ford shops around that do the 6r60 and 6r80. nizpro teamed up with SCT for the flash tuning of the cars, but that's going through Ford ECU's, not BMW.

So many of these transmission threads have been started, this thread sounds like a one of mine from a few months ago before teaming up with nizpro.
    The Ford Falcon F6 and Falcon XR6 turbo both share the same auto trans as the step 135i. If you jump on the Aussie ford forums you'll see a ton of these guys trapping between 130-160mph all day. I plan to go down this route if my trans lets go too but will go with someone local to me in my state. Any particular reason why you went with Nizpro? Couldn't find any info about their trans upgrade on their website.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BMW86 Click here to enlarge
    The Ford Falcon F6 and Falcon XR6 turbo both share the same auto trans as the step 135i. If you jump on the Aussie ford forums you'll see a ton of these guys trapping between 130-160mph all day. I plan to go down this route if my trans lets go too but will go with someone local to me in my state. Any particular reason why you went with Nizpro? Couldn't find any info about their trans upgrade on their website.
    XR6T has the 6hp26 doesn't it? where the N54 has the 6hp21?

plus, the biggest issue with the N54 is not having the TCU cracked.

hardware should be pretty easy, software isn't.

as far as i know re:nizpro, they have built SOME of the fastest running 6hp26's.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    was it petrolwerks?

and yea abandon thread.

Level10 got back to me. no go. im sourcing a 6mt now
    It was MNC down in Oceanside if I remember correctly...think they are working on an N54 Swapped E30M3 as well.

I just happened upon the clutch thread, if the ClutchMaster FX850 doesnt pan out why dont you try the 550i setup? if they rate that clutch to 5-600ft/lbs you know it will prolly withstand more....BMW seems to underrate things. And its cheap..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge

as far as i know re:nizpro, they have built SOME of the fastest running 6hp26's.
    Seems everyone keeps forgetting that this is the real issue. Mechanical upgrades to take abuse are the "easy" part.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BMW86 Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge

Correct, any car with an N54 has the 6hp21 which is a 6hp19 with upgraded clutch packs from ZF. The 135i DOES NOT share a transmission with those cars. Not to mention their software has been cracked and there are tuning upgrades available. The only thing that really needs to be done though is increase line pressure. Not the best way to do it and yes a tune would be better but between the Alpina TCU flash and the lvl10 valvebody I'm not sure much is left on the table that could be done even if our TCU was cracked. I'm no expert, but I only say this cause those two things seem to do EVERYTHING that people keep asking for a flash to do.

I went with nizpro cause they have proven upgrades, seemed to be the most knowledgeable when speaking with them, had great communication on top of it all, and know ZF transmissions very well. I'm telling you, no one in the states is doing what they are doing with the upgrade. They and I both know what anyone can have a company here in the states do, and if marketing a transmission rebuild that includes shipping to and from Australia it obviously must be special, and it will be.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Seems everyone keeps forgetting that this is the real issue. Mechanical upgrades to take abuse are the "easy" part.
    It really does doesn't it. I've said it over and over and over. But its ignored and people just keep talking hard parts, hard parts aren't going to fix anything if you can't keep pressures up, etc. But I guess we will see what happens. Lot of reguritated information on this topic

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    It really does doesn't it. I've said it over and over and over. But its ignored and people just keep talking hard parts, hard parts aren't going to fix anything if you can't keep pressures up, etc. But I guess we will see what happens. Lot of reguritated information on this topic
    This thread is absolutely just a repeat of the past few transmission threads....nothing has changed in the past few months in the transmission department

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Has anyone considered contacting Alpina? Since they were already given access to the TCU, maybe they would be willing to help? Obviously not for free, but an idea....
    2007 Jet Black E90 335xi "The Mistress" / PTF-Cobb / E50 / FuelitS2 / 5" Stepped FMIC / Synapse BOV and Charge Pipe / Alpina Flash / Muffler Delete w/ 4in Black Tips / DCI / 19x8.5 Satin Black Squared Enkei Raijins / 245/35/r19 Bridgestone Potenza S04 Pole Position / 20mm Rear Spacers / 2 10" Rockford Fosgate's Added to Logic7 (15 total speakers!)
    [IMG]Click here to enlarge[/IMG]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This thread is absolutely just a repeat of the past few transmission threads....nothing has changed in the past few months in the transmission department
    The last few months? Try the last couple years, the same upgrades people are talking about today were available at least 18 months ago. They are expensive and do not work in the long run, that is why they are not popular. Honestly a hard parts upgrade with a full flash tune that is reporting full load to the DME might work for a while, but a full TCU flash is what is really needed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think it's ignored because people don't realize how a automatic trans works. Or maybe they are just hopeful. As long as there is no TCU tuning ability, there will never be a reliable auto for the 335. Assuming you take it to these extreme power levels.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    The last few months? Try the last couple years, the same upgrades people are talking about today were available at least 18 months ago. They are expensive and do not work in the long run, that is why they are not popular. Honestly a hard parts upgrade with a full flash tune that is reporting full load to the DME might work for a while, but a full TCU flash is what is really needed.
    Yeah, it seems so. Although other areas are being attended to, I promise you no one has done the type of hardware upgrade nizpro is doing, I assure you. Honestly, has any other company done anything with it besides just lvl10 replacing the clutch disks? I thought one other shop in the US was going to do someone's build but it never panned out?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah, it seems so. Although other areas are being attended to, I promise you no one has done the type of hardware upgrade nizpro is doing, I assure you. Honestly, has any other company done anything with it besides just lvl10 replacing the clutch disks? I thought one other shop in the US was going to do someone's build but it never panned out?
    I think you are just avoiding the big glaring issue, no one has broken anything else, no input shafts, nome of that. These things slip themselves to death, why because you don't have enough line pressure, using a piggy makes the matter worse, but you can throw any hard parts at it that you want, if you don't address the TCU and get the line pressures up among other things, putting in beefier hard parts will do nothing. Its like having an engine that keeps spinning rod and main bearings because of low oil pressure, for whatever reason you can't bump the oil pressure up, so you make the rod and main bearings stronger, then when you are in there, you decide to beef up the rods, pistons, and other parts that aren't faiing. Ok great, you have 100% suceeded in making it a stronger engine, that is not in question, but you have not addressed the underlying problem, its not fixed, you will eventually blow through the stronger rods and mains because of low oill pressure, so what are new rods and pistons going to do to hellp that? Nothing, now change all that out with tranny parts, input shafts, clutches, etc. Ok great you have a stronger tranny with low line pressure, its still going to slip the clutches and burn up. It will just last a little longer. Until the TCU is addressed you are putting very expensive bandaids on the tranny. I will say once the TCU is cracked, the trannys will be bullet proof since they already have the hard parts in there. But until then, to keep telling everyone this super strong tranny with no TCU upgrade is the answer is a little bit of wishful thinking

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Line pressure is already maxed out with the right back end flash in place. And once you change the valve body you change the entire line pressure mapping anyway...
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think you are just avoiding the big glaring issue, no one has broken anything else, no input shafts, nome of that. These things slip themselves to death, why because you don't have enough line pressure, using a piggy makes the matter worse, but you can throw any hard parts at it that you want, if you don't address the TCU and get the line pressures up among other things, putting in beefier hard parts will do nothing. Its like having an engine that keeps spinning rod and main bearings because of low oil pressure, for whatever reason you can't bump the oil pressure up, so you make the rod and main bearings stronger, then when you are in there, you decide to beef up the rods, pistons, and other parts that aren't faiing. Ok great, you have 100% suceeded in making it a stronger engine, that is not in question, but you have not addressed the underlying problem, its not fixed, you will eventually blow through the stronger rods and mains because of low oill pressure, so what are new rods and pistons going to do to hellp that? Nothing, now change all that out with tranny parts, input shafts, clutches, etc. Ok great you have a stronger tranny with low line pressure, its still going to slip the clutches and burn up. It will just last a little longer. Until the TCU is addressed you are putting very expensive bandaids on the tranny. I will say once the TCU is cracked, the trannys will be bullet proof since they already have the hard parts in there. But until then, to keep telling everyone this super strong tranny with no TCU upgrade is the answer is a little bit of wishful thinking
    Pretty much spot on. I would rep you, but I have to spread it around first, damn it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Line pressure is already maxed out with the right back end flash in place. And once you change the valve body you change the entire line pressure mapping anyway...
    Terry your build had a shimmed VB in it, correct?

Or did you leave that stock and focus on the clutch disks and stall speed?
    E88 N54 w stuff
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Ok so maybe its not Line Pressure by itself. Its very obvious at this point hard parts and beefed up clutches are not the only answer, if they were the tranny solution would have been well clutches and hard parts. I am 100% positive Lvl 10 dug into the valve body, and they still fail. So bottom line is, I know enough about AT's to get myself in trouble but not enough to really know what is going on. But its very safe to say until the TCU is cracked, there is no real transmission solution. If they keep slipping there is a reason, and no amount bulletproof parts inside will fix slipping clutches.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok so maybe its not Line Pressure by itself. Its very obvious at this point hard parts and beefed up clutches are not the only answer, if they were the tranny solution would have been well clutches and hard parts. I am 100% positive Lvl 10 dug into the valve body, and they still fail. So bottom line is, I know enough about AT's to get myself in trouble but not enough to really know what is going on. But its very safe to say until the TCU is cracked, there is no real transmission solution. If they keep slipping there is a reason, and no amount bulletproof parts inside will fix slipping clutches.
    Ok...but seriously what is the lvl10 upgrade? one extra disk? replacing the stock ones with....what? they are already upgraded disks. That's what I'm saying, so you up line pressure, you do a valvebody upgrade which seems to be what several people have had success with from them, then you do a trans cooler and alpina flash, what more do you want with "tuning" the TCU? No one is ignoring the issue, however I don't feel hardware has been addressed either. I don't now why you think everyone is ignoring other issues, they're not, but it's basically been proven that lvl10's upgrade is not much of one...so if all the other things are being done and helping the stock trans hold well beyond stock levels whose to say an actual real hardware upgrade won't do better? You keep saying it's been done, by who?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok...but seriously what is the lvl10 upgrade? one extra disk? replacing the stock ones with....what? they are already upgraded disks. That's what I'm saying, so you up line pressure, you do a valvebody upgrade which seems to be what several people have had success with from them, then you do a trans cooler and alpina flash, what more do you want with "tuning" the TCU? No one is ignoring the issue, however I don't feel hardware has been addressed either. I don't now why you think everyone is ignoring other issues, they're not, but it's basically been proven that lvl10's upgrade is not much of one...so if all the other things are being done and helping the stock trans hold well beyond stock levels whose to say an actual real hardware upgrade won't do better? You keep saying it's been done, by who?
    Hey man, I am pulling for ya, cause everytime we get a turbo inquiry from a guy with an AT they are worried about the tranny, I want it fixed as well. But if the problem lies in the TCU and transmission control which it seems like it does I am not sure what can be done until that is addressed?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Hey man, I am pulling for ya, cause everytime we get a turbo inquiry from a guy with an AT they are worried about the tranny, I want it fixed as well. But if the problem lies in the TCU and transmission control which it seems like it does I am not sure what can be done until that is addressed?
    Swap to a MT Click here to enlarge
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yeah, I understand, and it's not being ignored, but there's simply no updates in that department, so it's having to find other ways to get to where we need to be. It seems to me the more I found out and ask around that you can basically do everything needed except raise RPM. I started a thread addressing this, hopefully you will partake. What I am saying though is that I am doubting that there has actually been a decent hardware upgrade done. All lvl10 did was thrown in some different clutch disks, ones that are only rated to 700 flywheel horsepower, I asked them, and they said that's all they would expect their upgrade to hold even with all else upgraded and a TCU tune. From my research and questioning experts in the field is that their upgrade should hold up to 16% more power at best. This seems to hold true from what I can tell.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    Swap to a MT Click here to enlarge
    Possibly lol. I'm staying positive on mine, but I guarantee you if mine fails than there is no hope for any rebuild for the stock 6AT. I will absolutely have everything possible done, and I don't mean just internal rebuild either.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm not a transmission expert but you have clutches and pressure. The clutch size is basically fixed, the line pressure is basically maxed, so I'm not sure what other solutions might exist other than playing with the materials. It might be like say the 4L60E was a decade ago where ultimately there was no reliable solution in that housing to hold big power and everyone gave up and moved on to other transmissions better suited.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I might give the level10 valve body and stall a shot. Hopefully their are more options available soon. @Terry@BMS please let us know how the level10 stall is working when you make it to the drag strip.
    Titanium Silver E92 09 BMW 335i xdrive 6AT
    KW V3 coilovers, AMS FMIC, AR Catless DP, Walbro 455 LPFP, BMS DCI, Alpina B3 Trans Flash, Vargas HPFP and Rail
    Protuned via Cobb by JR TUNED @ PandL Motorsports
    75%E85/25%93 blend 430awhp/470lbs tq on AWD Dynojet
    Dyno Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE6Ed...ature=youtu.be

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's the shift time that needs to be adjusted via the tcu...line pressure is one thing, the amount of slippage needs to be adjusted. I'm no expert on AT's but my family owns a allison transmission distributorship and we rebuild 100's of those transmissions per year. I've talked to our technicians about the transmissions and know enough to be slightly dangerous.

Imo the shift logic needs to match the clutch density/pressure, fluid line pressure and slippage/gear changes, adding better hardware and upping pressure is only part of the solution.

http://www.apra-europe.org/dateien/d...chatronics.pdf

You can see all the parts of the trans in this attachment.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Long thread here and clearly AT guys are itching for a solution. I wish there was some kind of roadmap to follow here so we all knew exactly what has to happen for a reliable upgrade to be an option.

There's big interest in this that will only grow as more turbo kits get out there so it is in the best interest of the community to tackle this problem yesterday. I just don't know how to do so to help.

Additionally, Level 10 has had mixed reviews. All they seem to be doing is replacing the stock parts with comparable parts or maybe slightly stronger parts but that is just to keep transmissions that already went too far going. You'll notice AT guys aren't pushing as hard as manual guys even with these parts for a reason.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast