Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Auto option for up to 800whp? Level Ten Level 10 ...

Feeler, entertaining the idea of trying out the level 10 in my car. I know my car will do close to 800whp on the stock motor with out much effort if a trans will hold it. I could just throw a 6mt in it..

Anyway the stock 6AT 6HP26 has held so far and allowed me to put down 711whp/639wtq as of now i can still run it at these power levels but cant go higher and i have to let off to shift or it slips.

I know that we all feel like we dont have a solid option still other than a 6mt, but im impressed with how far my stock auto has gone. The level 10 build is rated for 700HP, its obviously stronger than stock, but the whole TCU yada yada.. if mine is holding this wtq then the level 10 may actually work.. its a risk though

Post up in here if you would like to see me take a level 10 6at up to 800whp or as close to it as i can. If it works and holds it could change things on the platform.

I would go with as loose a stall as they could do, some coolers and probably a small shot down low to launch.

Post up your thoughts as id like to see if the interest is there in the community for such an experiment Click here to enlarge
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    id rather you swap a 6MT and shoot for more than 800whp... but I have a bias opinion Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rdeterman Click here to enlarge
    id rather you swap a 6MT and shoot for more than 800whp... but I have a bias opinion Click here to enlarge
    i agree for the most part. i know the 6mt will work. but it would be cool for the level ten to be tested at much higher HP and TQ levels than it has be tried to.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I agree. With 800+whp and a sick auto setup that can hold the power and put it to the ground would be a game changer for this platform!
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Honestly Dan, if you plan on quarter miling the car a built auto is the only way to go. a 6466 launching against a trans brake at 5Krpms would be a beautiful thing.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    Honestly Dan, if you plan on quarter miling the car a built auto is the only way to go. a 6466 launching against a trans brake at 5Krpms would be a beautiful thing.
    i agree the hardware can be done. a th400 or 4l80e but there is the question of the dme cooperating in the end or not which could turn a 10K trans build/retrofit into a paper weight. its not out of the question to try though

If the level ten holds with say a 3000-4000 stall and a shot of nitrous to get out of the hole into boost low 10s shouldnt be hard to hit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    i agree the hardware can be done. a th400 or 4l80e but there is the question of the dme cooperating in the end or not which could turn a 10K trans build/retrofit into a paper weight. its not out of the question to try though

If the level ten holds with say a 3000-4000 stall and a shot of nitrous to get out of the hole into boost low 10s shouldnt be hard to hit
    A DME from a MT car should pretty much take care of the electronic side, I would think.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    A DME from a MT car should pretty much take care of the electronic side, I would think.

right i was thinking that or recode to manual.. use a controller or a manual valve body. but then there is the issue of a clutch sensor for start up.. hmm

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

I would realistically like to see any n54 hit 800whp. Auto or manual.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    I would realistically like to see any n54 hit 800whp. Auto or manual.
    ill be real close to it as soon as i do a new trans...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Do it. Level 10 that is. I'm happy with mine and I'm going to be going to a vargas stage 3 setup to test mine. Still think you'll destroy it without getting into the tcu. I still worry about mine with the vargas stage 2's. It's given me no sign of slippage or any issue but I still worry about it. It's a lot of money to invest not having a tuning solution.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jzeee037 Click here to enlarge
    Do it. Level 10 that is. Still think you'll destroy it without getting into the tcu. I still worry about mine with the vargas stage 2's. It's given me no sign of slippage or any issue but I still worry about it. It's a lot of money to invest not having a tuning solution.
    right it would be a gamble, the only reason im even entertaining the thought is becuz my stock trans has held to this much power so far

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm hoping something comes out of the nizpro camp. I think it will last if I can get it tuned but who knows what damage I've already done. I drive it hard any time I'm in it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I also would like a little more stall in mine. It'll hold right up to 3k. Would have liked it to be closer to 3500 range now that I've had it for a while. I originally thought 3000 would be enough.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jzeee037 Click here to enlarge
    I also would like a little more stall in mine. It'll hold right up to 3k. Would have liked it to be closer to 3500 range now that I've had it for a while. I originally thought 3000 would be enough.
    yea a 3500-4000 with a helper shot down low should be me out the gate

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good luck. Nice #'s by the way.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Dan,

I hate to be the bad news bears here, and I know your trans has been trying to be a trooper with your current power, but we have had quite a bit of failures with them on stock turbo's. Its just a matter of time.

Either way, I would like to see a lvl10 really tested, so if you want to throw the money at it, I say DO IT!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So does the level 10 tranny upgrade get rid of the DMFW pretty much in the auto tranny?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
    Dan,

I hate to be the bad news bears here, and I know your trans has been trying to be a trooper with your current power, but we have had quite a bit of failures with them on stock turbo's. Its just a matter of time.

Either way, I would like to see a lvl10 really tested, so if you want to throw the money at it, I say DO IT!
    i have emailed them to see if they are interested in working something out for me to test a new built one to about 800whp. You are right it is a huge gamble and since i know a 6mt would work, i will only do it if they want to use my car as a guinea pig to fully test it

So does the level 10 tranny upgrade get rid of the DMFW pretty much in the auto tranny?
    i dont know that is something i would like to potentially test out

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think everyone is forgetting when the Vishu guys tried a Level 10 at a litte less those power levels, 720-730WHP. It lasted something like 7 pulls. Terrys is holding up fine, but he isn't pushing it to those levels. Go with the MT man, you are going to spend a $#@!lload of money on something that is most likely not going to hold up. Run the MT until a real AT upgrade is available that not only upgrades the hard parts but the TCU as well

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

????? Automatic tranmissions do not have a flywheel. They simply have a fllex plate that bolts the TC to the transmission.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    right it would be a gamble, the only reason im even entertaining the thought is becuz my stock trans has held to this much power so far
    Your tranny is a unicorn, its very well documented how many of these things slip and fail at much lower power levels, don't base your decision off that

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I think everyone is forgetting when the Vishu guys tried a Level 10 at a litte less those power levels, 720-730WHP. It lasted something like 7 pulls. Terrys is holding up fine, but he isn't pushing it to those levels. Go with the MT man, you are going to spend a $#@!lload of money on something that is most likely not going to hold up. Run the MT until a real AT upgrade is available that not only upgrades the hard parts but the TCU as well
    I agree Tony, i wont spend the money on the level 10 as it is too much of a gamble. I have emailed them and will see what Pat says, if he is willing to work something to have me test it out i may give it a shot. If he doesnt want to, i will go MT for now

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    ????? Automatic tranmissions do not have a flywheel. They simply have a fllex plate that bolts the TC to the transmission.
    lol correct,
    i think hes referring to the issue of the false knock being detected in the auto above 630wtq it is a similar issue that the DMFW caused on the mts

i have no way of knowing if its from tq conv noise or clutch packs slipping causing noise. that also makes it a gamble as even if it holds, it may still cause the issue

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Your tranny is a unicorn, its very well documented how many of these things slip and fail at much lower power levels, don't base your decision off that
    I agree. like i was saying im offering up to test the level 10 on the car at the high power levels. I dont have enough data or proof to feel confident it would work. but a test may be in order and could maybe bring more to light

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Maybe something like they send me one, i send mine in so they can dissect it and see if its hard parts or not that are failing me at my current power level

this may well be a dead end but im usually game for R&D

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast