Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 123
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,343
    Rep Points
    1,445.6
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I specifically said it wouldn't trap 124 stock and that you might see it break 12X on a VBOX stock.



    Absolutely a need for it and I maybe should have made it bigger considering right below what you quoted was my statement saying 118 stock and tuned quicker than an M5 and right behind an M6. So basically spot on and all you had to do was read the thread.
    no offence but are you blind

    have some more links

    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...528#post576528
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...528#post576528
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...528#post576528

    right there:

    "this thing isn't trapping 124..."

    in reponse to terry saying it feels 124mph TUNED.

    your statement was then proven to be incorrect, and you aren't accepting that THAT post is what people are talking about.

    maybe (likely) you misunderstood what terry was saying, being that he was talking tuned.. and now you're upset about people pointing that out?
    boop

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    you didn't say 'won't trap 124 stock' you said 'won't trap 124'. terry wasn't talking about trapping 124 stock, never was.
    I said it wouldn't because it can't stock.

    I then right below stated what I thought it would run stock and modified which should obviously tell you that as how much more specific can one get than giving an exact number quote which turns out... was right on.

    So Vargas in his hurry to put me down as is typical didn't even bother to read and you did the same. That's why you got a neg rep yet I'm so used to the idiotic baseless bashing by people with poor reading comprehension I just gave you a small neg to let you know that if you are going to try to criticize you should at the very least try to get it right.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,343
    Rep Points
    1,445.6
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Holy crap I didn't even quote Terry I quoted someone else who said it would run 124 and I said it wouldn't because it can't stock.

    I then right below stated what I thought it would run stock and modified which should obviously tell you that as how much more specific can one get than giving an exact number quote which turns out... was right on.

    So Vargas in his hurry to put me down as is typical didn't even bother to read and you did the same. That's why you got a neg rep yet I'm so used to the idiotic baseless bashing by people with poor reading comprehension I just gave you a small to neg to let you know that if you are going to try to criticize you should at the very least try to get it right.
    wtf are you talking about

    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...528#post576528

    you quoted terry RIGHT THERE

    terry said

    "It feels really fast, maybe 124mph, but it's also loud and shifts fast. So that may be making it feel faster than it actually is. VBOX comes will come soon.

    you said

    "This thing isn't trapping 124..."

    I don't know why this is so complicated.

    just open the link ffs.
    boop

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    no offence but are you blind

    have some more links

    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...528#post576528
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...528#post576528
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...528#post576528

    right there:

    "this thing isn't trapping 124..."

    in reponse to terry saying it feels 124mph TUNED.

    your statement was then proven to be incorrect, and you aren't accepting that THAT post is what people are talking about.

    maybe (likely) you misunderstood what terry was saying, being that he was talking tuned.. and now you're upset about people pointing that out?
    SPECIFICALLY:

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky
    I really don't think so. The VBOX will read higher so you may get a 12X on it but I'd expect stock numbers to be around ~118 on pump. With a tune I think it should be around an M5 and probably a couple MPH slower than a stock M6.

    I mean we'll have to see that sounds about right.
    STOCK NUMBERS 118 ON PUMP.

    READ.

    $#@!ING READ.

    IS THAT SO HARD?

    Right after I clearly state it isn't doing 124 stock I state what I think it will do tuned which is more than an M5 and behind an M6 essentially in the middle of the two which would put the trap speed at what? Exactly where it is.

    Whatever Terry wrote is his business I clearly wrote what I meant specifically stating a stock mph numbers (how much more direct can I get?) and the area I thought it would do tuned. Terry was stating modified and I stated both.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,343
    Rep Points
    1,445.6
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    SPECIFICALLY:



    STOCK NUMBERS 118 ON PUMP.

    READ.

    $#@!ING READ.

    IS THAT SO HARD?

    Right after I clearly state it isn't doing 124 stock I state what I think it will do tuned which is more than an M5 and behind an M6 essentially in the middle of the two which would put the trap speed at what? Exactly where it is.

    Whatever Terry wrote is his business I clearly wrote what I meant specifically stating a stock mph numbers (how much more direct can I get?) and the area I thought it would do tuned. Terry was stating modified and I stated both.
    not one person is talking about that post

    pease, just read the link, this is getting really sad.. you're telling me '$#@!ing read, it's not hard' when you're not even doing it

    terry said it would be 124mph

    you said it wouldn't

    it is

    end of story.

    you said 12x.. after saying it wouldn't be 124, implying (seemingly) it would be lower.

    you got stock right, no one is disputing that

    you got tuned wrong, you are disputing that.
    boop

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    wtf are you talking about

    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...528#post576528

    you quoted terry RIGHT THERE

    terry said

    "It feels really fast, maybe 124mph, but it's also loud and shifts fast. So that may be making it feel faster than it actually is. VBOX comes will come soon.

    you said

    "This thing isn't trapping 124..."

    I don't know why this is so complicated.

    just open the link ffs.
    It's pretty simple but you don't seem to be able to get it. Terry means 124 modified. I said it isn't doing 124 stock. Ok? so there's your confusion right there you can't seem to deal with.

    Regarding tuned, that's about the range I put it in.

    So you are having trouble understanding that Terry means 124 modified and I said it won't do 124 stock, which it can't and doesn't. I said it would do 118 stock which it can and does. So maybe because the ordering was off, or because critical thinking is hard for you, or because you just like to be negative pointlessly even when the text is staring directly at you that this isn't sinking in.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,343
    Rep Points
    1,445.6
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    You may heave meant something different, but EVERYONE is seeing it this way, because reading comprehension.
    boop

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    not one person is talking about that post

    pease, just read the link, this is getting really sad.. you're telling me '$#@!ing read, it's not hard' when you're not even doing it

    terry said it would be 124mph

    you said it wouldn't

    it is

    end of story.

    you said 12x.. after saying it wouldn't be 124, implying (seemingly) it would be lower.

    you got stock right, no one is disputing that

    you got tuned wrong, you are disputing that.

    Oh, so you taking a quote out of context in order to try to put me down when directly below that quote is a post from me stating exactly what I think it will trap is my fault? No, it's you ignoring that post for the sake of negativity.

    It's omission, it's incorrect, and it's a fallacy. You have the direct quote stating exactly what I meant and think.

    If Terry meant modified that's fine. I clearly was stating stock which is why I wrote 118 don't you think? What did it run stock? F'ing 118. So how am I wrong?

    I got tuned wrong? Really? http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.p...-run-by-morons

    The trap speed with the Competition Package rises to an impressive 122.2 miles per hour


    What did I say? Around an M5 right? What's 2 plus 122? 124?

    I said slower than an M6 right? Unfortunately I don't have Competition Package numbers for the M6 but we have seen stock M6's do 124 so you do the math: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...ile-bone-stock


    Not only am I right, that's almost flawless analysis. Don't sit here and call me out when I freaking nail it on the dot and you don't even understand what I wrote because you want to ignore the post directly stating it simply to be a dickhead.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    You may heave meant something different, but EVERYONE is seeing it this way, because reading comprehension.
    No, because of stupidity. As in, let's just ignore what he wrote and not even read what he writes so we can continue to grasp at straws to be pointlessly negative.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,343
    Rep Points
    1,445.6
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's pretty simple but you don't seem to be able to get it. Terry means 124 modified. I said it isn't doing 124 stock. Ok? so there's your confusion right there you can't seem to deal with.

    Regarding tuned, that's about the range I put it in.

    So you are having trouble understanding that Terry means 124 modified and I said it won't do 124 stock, which it can't and doesn't. I said it would do 118 stock which it can and does. So maybe because the ordering was off, or because critical thinking is hard for you, or because you just like to be negative pointlessly even when the text is staring directly at you that this isn't sinking in.
    ok, that wasn't so hard to explain your position was it?

    no need to get so defensive.

    and no i wasn't taking the quote out of context, i don't believe anyone was.

    nor was i intending to put you down, i just thought it (as did others) hilarious how angry you got so quickly.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    simply to be a dickhead.
    you need to have a look at how you're appearing. i know you don't care, but still lol.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    No, because of stupidity. As in, let's just ignore what he wrote and not even read what he writes so we can continue to grasp at straws to be pointlessly negative.
    just calm down... i've had way too many pointless internet arguments in the past 3 days, and i know arguments with you literally never end.

    there was no grasping at straws.. there was 'what you intended to say' and 'how what you said was actually interpreted by those that read it'. really simple.
    boop

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    and no i wasn't taking the quote out of context, i don't believe anyone was.
    Yes you directly took it out of context because you stated I wrote 124 and that's wrong completely ignoring any posts coming after it. That is the very definition of taking a post out of context.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    you need to have a look at how you're appearing. i know you don't care, but still lol.
    Oh I'm so sorry I'm not sitting here thanking you for bashing me baselessly. I should also thank Vargas I suppose for starting it? Yes, it's me, clearly, because I defend myself.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    just calm down... i've had way too many pointless internet arguments in the past 3 days, and i know arguments with you literally never end.

    there was no grasping at straws.. there was 'what you intended to say' and 'how what you said was actually interpreted by those that read it'. really simple.
    What do you mean by 'intended' to say? I directly stated the number stock and the range modified. It's right there, what other intention or implication is there? The only way I could have been any more specific is if I guessed a number for modified. Since I didn't know what fuel Terry would use or what changes he would make it seems more logical with such variables to not quote a direct number.

    So my range for modified is spot on. So why I'm being put down for accuracy I have no clue.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    just calm down... i've had way too many pointless internet arguments in the past 3 days, and i know arguments with you literally never end.
    That's fine @Flinchy I have nothing against you. But if someone is going to come at me I will respond back with full force to defend my position. This is nothing new.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,930
    Rep Points
    4,044.8
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Holy Unsubscribe..........

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Holy Unsubscribe..........
    Not so much as an 'oops' or I 'misunderstood what you meant' or anything? Thanks.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,343
    Rep Points
    1,445.6
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yes you directly took it out of context because you stated I wrote 124 and that's wrong completely ignoring any posts coming after it. That is the very definition of taking a post out of context.
    even taking the later posts, it SEEMED like you were saying it was a 120-123mph car, rather than 124mph. that's how it seemed to me, reading both posts together. Ok, that wasn't what you meant, but it's how i read it.

    Things happen a lot more smoothly+cleanly when a position is clearly and calmly clarified, rather than starting to rant and rave and get aggressively defensive..
    boop

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,213
    Rep Points
    9,337.8
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    94



    Yes Reputation No
    All this drama over 124mph... Wait until I get full boost control going later this week. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    even taking the later posts, it SEEMED like you were saying it was a 120-123mph car, rather than 124mph. that's how it seemed to me, reading both posts together. Ok, that wasn't what you meant, but it's how i read it.

    Things happen a lot more smoothly+cleanly when a position is clearly and calmly clarified, rather than starting to rant and rave and get aggressively defensive..
    I hardly consider that a rant as I supported my position with links and data. I'm calm but aggressive in my own defense. You're welcome to defend your position how you choose to.

    I stated about an M5 and slightly slower than an M6. Considering this is on a VBOX that reads higher if I'm off at all it's by what, 1 mph modified if you choose the low side on trap speeds that will vary based on timing equipment and conditions anyway? Take this thing to a strip (depending on conditions) and that is just about perfect especially if you run it against an M6.

    The modified numbers will change anyway though so without knowing WHP and what changes at all times that's hitting a moving target.

    Maybe we will see a comparison against the BMS M5 too for further context.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,343
    Rep Points
    1,445.6
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    All this drama over 124mph... Wait until I get full boost control going later this week. Click here to enlarge
    such fast progress.
    boop

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,343
    Rep Points
    1,445.6
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    jesus, you decided to take off another 100 before 30 wasn't enough?

    that's just obnoxious and kinda power abusey..
    boop

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    948
    Rep Points
    -44.6
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Not so much as an 'oops' or I 'misunderstood what you meant' or anything? Thanks.
    Please stop cluttering up the thread.

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    jesus, you decided to take off another 100 before 30 wasn't enough?

    that's just obnoxious and kinda power abusey..
    Unfortunately neg rep is supposed to be half of positive but sometimes it doesn't do it and takes the 100% amount. Not my intention but a system error so 50 points restored.

    Before you say anything like this you should ask me in private as I'm more than reasonable in handling any rep system issues for users.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nugs Click here to enlarge
    Please stop cluttering up the thread.
    I agree. Too much clutter so you have been removed from the thread.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,343
    Rep Points
    1,445.6
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Unfortunately neg rep is supposed to be half of positive but sometimes it doesn't do it and takes the 100% amount. Not my intention but a system error so 50 points restored.

    Before you say anything like this you should ask me in private as I'm more than reasonable in handling any rep system issues for users.
    well, half of your positive is 115, so 100 is still less than half, 2 separate negs totalling 130-140.. i didn't think it was a system error, just thought it was heavy handed lol (as always though, you're the boss and all.). Haven't seen this big a drop since LM's rampage lol.

    was slooowly getting close to 1000 too dammit. even longer now til i can redeem my meaningless internet points Click here to enlarge
    boop

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    well, half of your positive is 115, so 100 is still less than half, 2 separate negs totalling 130-140..
    It's adjustable so once again I did not use the full amount for a reason. That reason is to not be heavy handed.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    225
    Rep Points
    0.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    My mistake I could have sworn it already beat all the people who were running their mouths. Guess I was dreaming.
    Are we really bringing your car into another thread man?!! Like I said, when its running and doing it reliably, let me know.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •