Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    The motor is extremely special, time will show this as it has with the N54.

Yea i kinda miss used my words, Its hard to express what I meant with the keyboard. Basically if you take a n54 do your stg 2s and get the head work done by whomever you will see substantially more power than the current M. Thats not to say the new M doesn't have a higher quality better engineered setup with much more long term potential.

It's also running 3-4 degrees of timing lol ... so i should just say i prob mis used words and jumped the gun, you're more than likely right. There has been just a few of these delivered so judgments cant be made Click here to enlarge
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I am VERY impressed with these results!

Consider this for what it is worth:

When I was FBO, 109, and 100% meth my best pass
    11.9 @ 117-118mph

Added RB's, backend flash, Walbro 455, E70, and 100% meth
    11.1 @ 127-128mph

I will not be surprised one bit if this BMS M car is faster than mine in a few months with the Beta tune supporting more E85!

This car is suddenly worth considering as my next ride instead of a 997.1tt...

GREAT WORK Terry & the BMS team!
    Click here to enlarge
    JB4/MHD | Alpina | Level10 VB | RB EVOs | RPI Quad Exhaust | AR DP's
    100% E85 | Port Injection | Fuel-It Stg 3 | DIY FMIC | ER CP W/Synapse BOV
    Best ET: 10.9 | Best MPH 133.4
    Fuel by Fuel-it! - http://www.fuel-it.biz/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looking impressive already. Nice traps with just a basic tune that hasn't really been optimized. Thanks for posting the progress!
    E92 335is DCT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Sticky spot on again
    Click here to enlarge

I did cheat a little and up the power a bit from the dyno. It's probably closer to 500rw right now. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think you guys are forgetting, this car comes stock with dual HPFP's, and they are the easy to upgrade cam driven piston style. The HPFP issues of the N54 and N55 are gone moving forward.
    TY, so add injectors and E85 tune and you are set
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    I'm going to have to guess the stock injectors are just fine for high HP, like the N54s. At least we haven't found the limit yet...

I am curious how the LPFP will hold up on 100% E85 or if it will need to be upgraded like ours.
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E70 Twin Turbo Diesel JBD

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why was DTC kicking in? Did you not have it fully off?
    COBB, ER FMIC Full Kit, AR DPs, Forge DVs, aFe Stage 2 Sealed Intake, HKS exhaust, RB PCV upgrade

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    No injectors needed. But trying to tune for E85 is going to be a real chore, getting proper fueling on E85 with the N54 was not possible until the DME was cracked, I assume it is going to limit this platform as well

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Now this has got me thinking what parts us n54 guys can "borrow" from the new m3/m4. Possibly that dual fuel pump setup or their stock turbos?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by justohigh Click here to enlarge
    Now this has got me thinking what parts us n54 guys can "borrow" from the new m3/m4. Possibly that dual fuel pump setup or their stock turbos?
    Been discussed at length, most likely nothing is going to cross over, the fuel pumps have completely different control schemes and control devices, the injectors are spaced completely differently, lines are run different, meaning you can control the pumps, or use the fuel rail, etc. There may be a few parts that fit, but not of the big ones, turbos, fuel parts etc will.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ihc95 Click here to enlarge
    Why was DTC kicking in? Did you not have it fully off?
    Just one push as it has street tires on it.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    one push puss
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Just one push as it has street tires on it.
    So much for the "go easy for 500 miles" break in period!
    2014 Audi S5. Black w/Black, DSG, Sport Diff, B&O sound, Nav/MMI. Stock for the moment...
    2011 335xi JB4, WW meth - retired
    2008 335xi JB3 - retired

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    one push puss
    lol I've got a set of 19" 305/35 NT05Rs ready to go when I'm ready to do some real 1/4 mile runs. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol I've got a set of 19" 305/35 NT05Rs ready to go when I'm ready to do some real 1/4 mile runs. Click here to enlarge
    That does better than the 17's with the thick sidewall?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    That does better than the 17's with the thick sidewall?
    17s would be much better but I doubt they will clear the brakes. It already has 19x10 rims on so I'll just throw these tires on the OEM rims.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For anybody considering a new generation (( M )) car this one should be at the top of the list. This is just my opinion
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rawad1017 Click here to enlarge
    still have yet to see top speed delimited
    In a sense you don't need a car to have a higher top speed for it to be faster in a street driving scenario, which is the case most times here. M5/6's top out at 200, and will probably lose in a roll to a tuned s55 car so in my eyes at least the s55 would be the faster car even though it probably wouldn't do 200. But in reality no ones hitting 200 comfortably on public roads.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    17s would be much better but I doubt they will clear the brakes. It already has 19x10 rims on so I'll just throw these tires on the OEM rims.
    Did you opt for ceramics by any chance?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSO95 Click here to enlarge
    In a sense you don't need a car to have a higher top speed for it to be faster in a street driving scenario, which is the case most times here. M5/6's top out at 200, and will probably lose in a roll to a tuned s55 car so in my eyes at least the s55 would be the faster car even though it probably wouldn't do 200. But in reality no ones hitting 200 comfortably on public roads.
    in no situation is a car with a lower top speed faster than another car
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSO95 Click here to enlarge
    Did you opt for ceramics by any chance?
    No, I would have considered them, but I didn't get any choice in the options on this vehicle. It was take what they have coming for launch.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not faster but another car could be quicker up to all of the important MPHs. Who cares if you top speed is 160 if you get there a ton faster? All top speed means is it has the gearing and some aero to get there. You can make a relatively low HP car go VERY fast but the gearing and areo have to be right.
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E70 Twin Turbo Diesel JBD

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So in your eyes, the car with the higher top speed is the faster car?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Some new info on wheel weight. Light weight for stock 19in wheels.

Wheels: 19x9.0 Front (ET29) 19x10.0 Rear (ET40), Style 437M
    Tires: 19": Michelin Super Sport: 255/35-19, 275/35-19

Front: 45.90lb w/ tire
    Rear: 49.50lb w/ tire

According to TireRack data, tires weigh in at 24lbs for 255s and 27lbs on 275s.

Front: Style 437M, (no tire): 21.9lbs
    Rear: Style 437M, (no tire): 22.5lbs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Not faster but another car could be quicker up to all of the important MPHs. Who cares if you top speed is 160 if you get there a ton faster? All top speed means is it has the gearing and some aero to get there. You can make a relatively low HP car go VERY fast but the gearing and areo have to be right.
    there you go
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by B00stGeek Click here to enlarge
    So in your eyes, the car with the higher top speed is the faster car?
    it's a fact
    '08 535xi - fbo

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast