Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky2 Click here to enlarge
    This thread was over when you wrote student loan debt. Get the responsible stuff handled first man then play with toys.
    Man this guy is full of good advice.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Keep in mind the e92 M3 was $80k+ on most lots also just has a smaller version of the S85. Really no reason to believe maintenance would be higher. I'd definitely say you'd want a manual though in the M6 since no DCT, that was the other drawback, or so I thought at the time.
    the car weighs more, 2 extra cyllinders different tires, more oil ,etc. M6s are more maintenance than an M3. but it's not like it's not affordable lol.

if you're looking for a manual M6, good luck. only 700 were made.
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rawad1017 Click here to enlarge
    the car weighs more, 2 extra cyllinders different tires, more oil ,etc. M6s are more maintenance than an M3. but it's not like it's not affordable lol.

if you're looking for a manual M6, good luck. only 700 were made.
    Right, hard to find for sure, just saying if you're looking at an M3 and want straight line performance, silly to not shop M6's as well IMO. Obviously though really need to do whatever to keep finances in check which is another reason I brought up an e46, pocket some cash, have an awesome car, and sky's the limit on the build and power potential
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

yeah i'm currently stalking CL for an e36 or e46 m3. we'll see what (if anything) i can find. it's almost impossible to find a hard top e46 m3 with a true manual. all i find are convertibles and/or smg cars. do not want. i just hate starting fresh with a new platform...creepin on the boards trying to learn all the rookie questions all over again.

no dice this weekend. the search continues!
    COME AT ME BRO

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mekong84 Click here to enlarge
    yeah i'm currently stalking CL for an e36 or e46 m3. we'll see what (if anything) i can find. it's almost impossible to find a hard top e46 m3 with a true manual. all i find are convertibles and/or smg cars. do not want. i just hate starting fresh with a new platform...creepin on the boards trying to learn all the rookie questions all over again.

no dice this weekend. the search continues!
    ooorrrr you could just go cheap. real cheap. 03 Jetta TDI 5spd. 4-5k. rock it out and get 6-700miles on a tank of diesel. put all your money away.

Thats what I plan to do for the time being, or try and pick up a Touareg TDI...need a truck for the winter incase I get called into work...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

haha that replica front end...negative, ghostrider.
    whats wrong with an M3 rep front bumper? Are you really going to go buy an M3 hood and fenders just to get a real M3 bumper cover?!?!!? Doesn't make sense to me.

I picked up mine used (originally from LTMW) and I love the look and I get lots of compliments. Fittment is 9/10 and it was relatively cheap as well.

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by bigdaddycane; 06-24-2014 at 08:26 AM.
    Click here to enlarge
    '07 E90 335i AW 6MT Sport & Comfort Pkgs
    MODS: |COBB AP | CP-e | ER | Forge | DCI | KW V1 | M3 Sways | BBS CH | M3 Body Parts| MTech | CF Wrap Trim

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdaddycane Click here to enlarge
    whats wrong with an M3 rep front bumper? Are you really going to go buy an M3 hood and fenders just to get a real M3 bumper cover?!?!!? Doesn't make sense to me.
    No, I'm just saying if I want my car to look like an m3 (and I they do look awesome) I would just buy an m3. Not a huge fan of replicating...it might be cheesy but that's just my preference. I own a 335 and would feel poser-ish throwing fenders/hood on the car to make it look like something it's not (no hate for the guys that do this...just not my style). Part of me already feels dirty with all the ///M badges in the car but I justify that as all factory options with the m-sport package.

If I'm gonna keep the 335 imma own it. As in own the fact that it's not an m3, has a different power plant, and doesn't look as aggressive. I equate the m3 front end conversion/replicas to dropping an n54 in an m3...it would feel...wrong lol

Again, this is all just my personal preference. No hate for the guys that disagree; to each their own!
    COME AT ME BRO

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I was not trying to make my 335 look like an M3, but wanted a different front (and rear) bumper cover because the stock bumper cover is heinous on the E90 model. The E92 has some nice choices and lip add-ons. I could have gone Msport, but everyone else has done that and I wanted something different. Also, the M3 rep bumper cover has a larger center opening which helps with the aftermarket intercooler. I got a great deal on the M3 front bumper cover used and it was a quality unit (LTMW). I went Msport for the rear bumper tho.

I agree with you about the M badges for the Msport stuff, it is too much. I wish BMW did something different for the Msport logo. Maybe just the three stripes or something more subtle.

Its funny you bring this up because I am looking to move on from the 335 and the E92 M3 will probably be my choice.

good luck with whatever you do.
    Click here to enlarge
    MODS: |COBB AP | CP-e | ER | Forge | DCI | KW V1 | M3 Sways | BBS CH | M3 Body Parts| MTech | CF Wrap Trim

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Asking people on a car forum for financial advice :|

Where's my navel?
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    ooorrrr you could just go cheap. real cheap. 03 Jetta TDI 5spd. 4-5k. rock it out and get 6-700miles on a tank of diesel. put all your money away.

Thats what I plan to do for the time being, or try and pick up a Touareg TDI...need a truck for the winter incase I get called into work...
    I really like this idea. I need a daily beater.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I have always had a second car for winter use, but I am going the TDI route as well next for my beater.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    I really like this idea. I need a daily beater.
    There are several people out in the midwest who are part of the 900/1000mile club. On ONE tank of diesel...they are plenty modifyable, should be able to suit anyones itch to mod. A new or reman set of injectors, slightly bigger turbo and a VR6 clutch will ensure plenty of fun reliable miles while keeping your wallet in mind.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    Asking people on a car forum for financial advice :|

Where's my navel?
    clearly i'm incapable of making my own decisions sooooo why not ask the interwebz? Click here to enlarge

It's more like sitting in a room with your buddies going "i'm thinking about this" and getting feedback. ultimately i'm going to do what's best for me. just crowd sourcing ideas to see if i missed anything.

also, just test drove an '08 m3 yesterday. manual. not a huge fan. i really wanted to love it...maybe it was the condition of the car...maybe it was the fact that the POS ford dealer who had it on the lot didn't want to move on the price...but yeah, not convinced. drove OK, but it was dirty, looked beat to hell inside (everything was worn/chipped/peeling), idled a little funny (after starting it you could hear the rpms jump up from idle)...and it was a little painful under 3k rpm (sounds AMAZING though when you get on it). maybe this was just a beat up one but as of today i've driven an e46 and e92 m3 and still can't convince myself to sell my car. i'm not even mad.
    COME AT ME BRO

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

It's more like sitting in a room with your buddies going "i'm thinking about this" and getting feedback. ultimately i'm going to do what's best for me. just crowd sourcing ideas to see if i missed anything.
    You're doing nothing wrong. Speak whatever is on your mind for as long as you want to.

If nobody asked for advice here about things we'd just spend our time arguing about who has the best engine when it's already been established that I do.

So no worries man do the smart/responsible stuff.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12