Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FFTEC VFF900 kit or the Vargas VTX-R 67 that is the question. (and related issues)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

That is the snail I plan to run is the HTA 3586r.
    2007 335i MT E92
    JB4 G5 / BB Flash / Spec 2+ SMFW / AR DP / CPE FMIC
    BMS DCI / BMS OCC / RB PCV / Muffler Delete
    ST Coilovers / VMR VB3 / Nitto NT555

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    listen to this guy. Sound familiar?
    HAHA, of course I have! I want to run the HTA 3586, heard nothing but good things about that turbo. 6466 won't cut on the Clarksvegas 1/8th
    2007 335i MT E92

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TVPhoto Click here to enlarge
    HAHA, of course I have! I want to run the HTA 3586, heard nothing but good things about that turbo. 6466 won't cut on the Clarksvegas 1/8th
    Should just go GTX30 if you're trying to do goon in the 1/8th

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Should just go GTX30 if you're trying to do goon in the 1/8th
    Too small. the 1/8 is only friday fun thing lol Mexico runs, 1/4, and daily is what my will be for
    2007 335i MT E92

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

HTA37 or HTA42 sounds like what you're looking for if you want BIG DOG numbers

MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    Send me the vbox. I'll pay pal u a rental fee and best ur time <3
    Ill send you mine, text me your address.
    2009 FBO RB'd mtech e92 6AT - 11.3@126
    2008 FBO CR e82 6M - 12.0@120 - Sold

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by j_hynson Click here to enlarge
    The more power the better. When the proper stuff comes out to support a 1000 hp I want to be able to be only a few feet from it
    Well, to be perfectly honest you should really contact Proven Power then. Their kit sounds right up your alley. I would recommend a FP turbo if you want that big of power, something bigger than mine though like the HTA 3794r. Beast of a turbo. I'm also not sure any other turbo kit is offering 4" downpipes. Feel free PM me or @Ak335i if you have any further questions.
    2009 335i coupe PARTING OUT!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    Ill send you mine, text me your address.
    Hmmm when is this happening? Mind if I use it after? lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by j_hynson Click here to enlarge
    The more power the better. When the proper stuff comes out to support a 1000 hp I want to be able to be only a few feet from it
    Do not let anyone sell you a bill of goods that a turbo kit is going to net you 1000WHP, it aint going to happen. To get most likely over 775-800WHP expect to pull the engine out of your car and pay 10-12 grand to have it built, then you are looking at a custom clutch to put it down, etc etc etc etc. 1000WHP is not something you buy hard parts for and bolt it on, if anyone tells you it is, they are lying to you to gain your business. Proven Power looks like they can build you a solid kit, but after seeing how they built the last kit and just pushed the customer out the door with many issues that lasted weeks, I would just think about it. My advice, take your time and wait a little while longer, the N54 scene isnt going anywhere and your options will be much better. Also be careful who you listen to, there are a lot of so called experts on the forums, with little to no experience in anything turbo related except what they read or drive. Do your research, talk to people who know the business, and you will be fine.
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 06-20-2014 at 10:21 AM.
    Vargas Turbocharger Technologies
    N55 World Record: 487WHP / 530WTQ, 11.4 ET / 123MPH
    N54 Stock Frame (100% E85) World Record: 645WHP / 654WTQ
    N54 (ACN 91 octane only) World Record, Stock Motor: 573WHP / 537WTQ
    Website - Email

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Hmmm when is this happening? Mind if I use it after? lol
    no not at all , i can send it to you tomorrow if dan is playing on ice right now

Its a great tool, but generally just disappoints you and makes you beat the very living piss out of your car. I was lucky enough to find a close spot where i can check easily in the same spot with same slope to test tuning changes... 8.1 on my RBs was my best but the slope is .8 i believe so there is room in the time if i found the 3 percent slope ....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Do not let anyone sell you a bill of goods that a turbo kit is going to net you 1000WHP, it aint going to happen. To get most likely over 775-800WHP expect to pull the engine out of your car and pay 10-12 grand to have it built, then you are looking at a custom clutch to put it down, etc etc etc etc. 1000WHP is not something you buy hard parts for and bolt it on, if anyone tells you it is, they are lying to you to gain your business. Proven Power looks like they can build you a solid kit, but after seeing how they built the last kit and just pushed the customer out the door with many issues that lasted weeks, I would just think about it. My advice, take your time and wait a little while longer, the N54 scene isnt going anywhere and your options will be much better. Also be careful who you listen to, there are a lot of so called experts on the forums, with little to no experience in anything turbo related except what they read or drive. Do your research, talk to people who know the business, and you will be fine.
    Can't stress how important this is. 1000whp on this car is not a simple bolt on kit, you will custom built parts etc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

no not at all , i can send it to you tomorrow if dan is playing on ice right now

Its a great tool, but generally just disappoints you and makes you beat the very living piss out of your car. I was lucky enough to find a close spot where i can check easily in the same spot with same slope to test tuning changes... 8.1 on my RBs was my best but the slope is .8 i believe so there is room in the time if i found the 3 percent slope ....
    I will let you know. Will probably wait until at least another week, maybe two when I can start cranking the boost up and really crush that record Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Easy killer, yes good to point out we will probably not see too many stock motors even eclipse 800whp without needing a rebuild, although not all kits are created equal and some kits may make it more difficult than others to reach those types of numbers, additional work would obviously need to be done.

I don't think you know the full story with when I picked up my car. I would really like it if you and Terry would both relax and on this issue with what you think of Proven Power. Darrell knew I was chomping at the bit to pick up my car and if I couldn't pick it up the day I did then I would have had to wait at least 2-3 weeks because of vacations and other things I had going on, so I wanted to go get it. It was not like they called me and said, "hey Matt, car is ready to go and running great, come and get it" Have I encountered issues I wish I hadn't? Of course, but they cannot all be pinned on Proven Power. Those guys did a TON of custom work on my car, and a lot of work that went well beyond just a custom turbo kit and manifold, and also jigged my manifold, so there was lots of extra shop time with my car than what would be now if someone wanted a kit. I can't begin to go into details on everything that has been done to my car. I knew they were literally just finishing things up on my car when I was driving up to pick it up. Yes, it hadn't even been driven yet when I was on my way to go get it, and I knew this.

I knew it was overboosting as did the shop when I picked it up, but I needed to get it home. It was 8pm. The deal was from the beginning they would have nothing to do with the tuning, and that was up to me. The wastegate spring issue sucked, but the day I told them he had me drive up and they worked on the car after hours to change out the spring, which in this case involves removing the downpipe and a motor mount to get to it without damaging anything. The spring issue only happened BTW due to a last minute change in wastegates, simple mistake springs were mis-matched.

The kit is absolutely top notch, no doubt about it.

I know you are only looking out for the best interest of everyone, and I do not take offense to anything, I just feel there has been a misunderstanding and wanted to clear the air.

Thanks, lets carry on now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    471 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    I would really like it if you and Terry would both relax and on this issue with what you think of Proven Power.
    I've got no issues with Proven Power. Their kit seems to be working great on Dan's car. Some problems have cropped up with your car that I think they need to resolve. It happens to everyone. Just sort it out and move to the next phase! Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)

Ive got no problem with Proven Power, it is you who made it clear what was going on, you let us know you had serious issues right after you picked up the car, first it was simple vacuum routing hooked up wrong, then it was obvious issues with O2's, etc. These are issues the 110% should be sorted BY THE SHOP before you pick up the car,no matter how big of a hurry you are in, if you were going on vacation then thats perfect, they get the car for 2 extra weeks to sort out the issues, not give it back with a potential overboost condition that can blow the motor etc. This is not me saying anything bad about the kit, that is an observation that you in fact brought to all our attention. I also have no problem with you, but 3 months ago you were asking basic turbo questions, and now you had a shop build you a turbo kit and you are a turbo expert giving everyone advice on what they need to run, that is also fine. I stand by what I said, he should do his research and talk to people who know turbos before he makes his choice, my advice is still to wait, what is on the market right now will be eclipsed soon.
    Vargas Turbocharger Technologies
    N55 World Record: 487WHP / 530WTQ, 11.4 ET / 123MPH
    N54 Stock Frame (100% E85) World Record: 645WHP / 654WTQ
    N54 (ACN 91 octane only) World Record, Stock Motor: 573WHP / 537WTQ
    Website - Email

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

im playing on ice until July 4th.. so you could send it to @mjmarovi if you guys want to do that. then ill grab it from him when im home and mail back to you.
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I've got no issues with Proven Power. Their kit seems to be working great on Dan's car. Some problems have cropped up with your car that I think they need to resolve. It happens to everyone. Just sort it out and move to the next phase! Click here to enlarge
    Exactly, just sucks, hard to get schedules to line up, I know everyone is crazy busy; between me and my work, you and yours, and them and their's lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Ive got no problem with Proven Power, it is you who made it clear what was going on, you let us know you had serious issues right after you picked up the car, first it was simple vacuum routing hooked up wrong, then it was obvious issues with O2's, etc. These are issues the 110% should be sorted BY THE SHOP before you pick up the car,no matter how big of a hurry you are in, if you were going on vacation then thats perfect, they get the car for 2 extra weeks to sort out the issues, not give it back with a potential overboost condition that can blow the motor etc. This is not me saying anything bad about the kit, that is an observation that you in fact brought to all our attention. I also have no problem with you, but 3 months ago you were asking basic turbo questions, and now you had a shop build you a turbo kit and you are a turbo expert giving everyone advice on what they need to run, that is also fine. I stand by what I said, he should do his research and talk to people who know turbos before he makes his choice, my advice is still to wait, what is on the market right now will be eclipsed soon.
    Yeah, I know, and I get it. I'm not 100% happy, but it's not all Poven Power's fault, that's all, just wanted to clear the air there.

Yeah, I know I've still got a lot to learn, and not claiming to be an expert, never have, not up to me what someone else wants to do, but having just gone through the entire process, I feel I've absolutely gained valuable experience in speaking with someone else about what they are thinking about doing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

im gonna run a 2013 R1 with tune and exhaust to set the record straight when i get home.

i fully expect to get mopped up

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

im gonna run a 2013 R1 with tune and exhaust to set the record straight when i get home.

i fully expect to get mopped up
    and buy and install a manual transmission. A shop out here did the conversion in a few days for relatively cheap. Much cheaper than any auto build. But the question remains, do you even stick shift bro?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

and buy and install a manual transmission. A shop out here did the conversion in a few days for relatively cheap. Much cheaper than any auto build. But the question remains, do you even stick shift bro?

i do lulz.

were they able to handle the coding without issues?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Cost estimate? Just curious
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA3586r Tial .82AR/Meisterschaft Race/Berk Resonated/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/FFTEC LPFP/HFS-4 DO Stainless Lines/BMS Thermostat Delete/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/BMS OCC/ST Coilovers/M3 Front Control Arms/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMWP

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

i do lulz.

were they able to handle the coding without issues?
    it shouldn't be hard to find someone to do the coding, it's not an extremely complicated task for the swap
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I know it wont happen right away but that is my ultimate goal.

Sorry that im late responding. I got a service call to North Dakota so I will be up here a few weeks. Bare with me on responses

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Do not let anyone sell you a bill of goods that a turbo kit is going to net you 1000WHP, it aint going to happen. To get most likely over 775-800WHP expect to pull the engine out of your car and pay 10-12 grand to have it built, then you are looking at a custom clutch to put it down, etc etc etc etc.
    I'd say $12k would be pretty accurate purely for the motor+head all up giving it a quick tally.. plus fuelling for that power level. Counting everything to a point where you wouldn't be constantly afraid of breaking various bits/actually being able to control the power, i wouldn't think you'll be walking away with change from $30k.. i don't even think i counted any labour for install of parts..
    boop

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast