Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    that turbo really wakes up around 30psi plus. pls turn up the bewst lol.. I know what you are saying its like hmm wait.. oh $#@! hold on LOL.. i personally like it though, but like i said my sits in a garage for 2 weeks while im away for work, then goes out to either rape the hwy or to the rolll races so its a perfect set up for my style
    We will. The fueling just isn't there yet on ours yet. Already running more meth than I want too with it and can barely run any E85 before the high pressure crashes. Maybe it just needs a new pump but since we're doing the Vargas setup anyway we'll do both at the same time. 30psi on 100% E85 with 12-13 degrees advance sounds like a lot of fun.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    We will. The fueling just isn't there yet on ours yet. Already running more meth than I want too with it and can barely run any E85 before the high pressure crashes. Maybe it just needs a new pump but since we're doing the Vargas setup anyway we'll do both at the same time. 30psi on 100% E85 with 12-13 degrees advance sounds like a lot of fun.
    yep sounds like a recipe for mid 7XX wheel without even breakin a sweat haha you will come to love that turbo
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So many options, and decisions. I am looking for a kit that can put down numbers in the high 600s, and mid 700s. I drive my car daily, take it to the local track for some digs, and mexico runs on the interstate. I love the look of the top mount. A 6466 seems like a good options as all those who did the conversion used and made those numbers, but not sure if I can bare the spool.
    2007 335i MT E92
    JB4 G5 / BB Flash / Spec 2+ SMFW / AR DP / CPE FMIC
    BMS DCI / BMS OCC / RB PCV / Muffler Delete
    ST Coilovers / VMR VB3 / Nitto NT555

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    My car > fftec lulz
    wait till mine is running.....Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TVPhoto Click here to enlarge
    So many options, and decisions. I am looking for a kit that can put down numbers in the high 600s, and mid 700s. I drive my car daily, take it to the local track for some digs, and mexico runs on the interstate. I love the look of the top mount. A 6466 seems like a good options as all those who did the conversion used and made those numbers, but not sure if I can bare the spool.
    I thought I needed 700whp also which was why we went with the 6466 to start. Turns out 600whp is more than fast enough for my needs. Then again my 135i is maybe 200# lighter than your average 335i.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
    Single Turbo FFTEC VFF900 kit or the Twin turbo Vargas VTX-R 67 AND WHY?

100% up to you, the vargas setup isn't in production yet so we as a community don't know what its capable of, the FFTEC kit is and you know the results.

(I am still on stock turbos as I am waiting on the results of PTF, VTT, FastGTI, Proven Power and others before I purchase a kit, so my answers are reflecting that)
    I quoted this because it was a common response. Also im not arguing if it is right or wrong with this reply

I am confused. I have been in communication with a rep at Vargas and even though it was not specified whether the kit was or was not in production i was under the impression they would accept the payment and build the kit for me once payment clears.

That was original post until i read this.. i was replying one by one as needed ^
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Not to step on anyones toes either, but to me it looks like you guys basically made an FFTEC kit with a couple tweaks. Your spool is ok, not great, the FFTEC kit on Terrys car makes 300WTQ around 2800 too, the spool on that prototype Stage 3 kit was actually not very good, we are going to be able to pick up quite a bit of spool with the new design. From what I have seen and heard the PTF kit is on another level spool wise, it has nothing to do with defying the laws of physics and everything to do with starting from square one when designing the kit and doing so in a manner no one, not even us has come close to. When they release the info I think everyone will be surprised at how much due diligence they did when building their kits. We feel very lucky to have been able to work so closely with them from just starting on the platform, without Dzenno, and Jakes help we would have no accomplished near as much as we have. This is why we speak so highly of them, not because we are biased. Please do not take offense to any of this, this is just an open discussion
    This now clears it up. Im just eager to do the build because of my career and how much im not at home :/ my vacation days are literally racing events and that's it
    Last edited by j_hynson; 06-19-2014 at 07:07 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by j_hynson Click here to enlarge
    I quoted this because it was a common response. Also im not arguing if it is right or wrong with this reply

I am confused. I have been in communication with a rep at Vargas and even though it was not specified whether the kit was or was not in production i was under the impression they would accept the payment and build the kit for me once payment clears.

That was original post until i read this.. i was replying one by one as needed ^

This now clears it up. Im just eager to do the build because of my career and how much im not at home :/ my vacation days are literally racing events and that's it
    Vargas Stage 3's are in production but they are not finished, they will be shipped "soon".
    They will take your money and make sure you get a kit in the first batch (Or whatever they tell you)

As with anything from any company, GET IT IN WRITING VIA EMAIL.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
    Vargas Stage 3's are in production but they are not finished, they will be shipped "soon".
    They will take your money and make sure you get a kit in the first batch (Or whatever they tell you)

As with anything from any company, GET IT IN WRITING VIA EMAIL.
    Agreed. I am typing an email with Tony right now and will deff save the email. Not saying they wont follow through but as we say in the oil field "cover your a**"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    No you won't.

Hi Jason!
    Who is this? one of my local Houstonians?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry for rapid posting but my computer is having trouble maintaining multiple quotes in a single reply for some reason...technology.

Anyways i would like to thank everyone for their replies. A lot of more than great input in this thread IMO. Keep the info coming!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i really like how the n54 scene is heating up. There are a lot of options out there, its very tempting to buy a 15k 335 and slap a big top mount single on it Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Agreed. I am typing an email with Tony right now and will deff save the email. Not saying they wont follow through but as we say in the oil field "cover your a**"
    As one of the patient pre-orders hopefully I'll have some dyno numbers by August pending receiving,installing, and getting the car tuned. Maybe then you might have a better idea of which route you want to go.

2014 is the year of options for n54!!!
    Titanium Silver E92 09 BMW 335i xdrive 6AT
    KW V3 coilovers, AMS FMIC, AR Catless DP, Walbro 455 LPFP, BMS DCI, Alpina B3 Trans Flash, Vargas HPFP and Rail
    Protuned via Cobb by JR TUNED @ PandL Motorsports
    75%E85/25%93 blend 430awhp/470lbs tq on AWD Dynojet
    Dyno Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE6Ed...ature=youtu.be

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    i really like how the n54 scene is heating up. There are a lot of options out there, its very tempting to buy a 15k 335 and slap a big top mount single on it Click here to enlarge
    You can buy mine for 10k =) http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...-internet-quot

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Jason, you were talking with me and I just answered another email, I have exactly 3 emails from you, the first one you sent was sent prematurely and was only about the HPFP upgrade the second one about the HPFP and the Stage 3 kit simply asking what parts came with the kit. See the email exchange below. Can you show me in that email where we gave the impression we were ready to take your money and build you a kit when your payment clears? So far in our communications you have been great and we would love to have you as a customer, but why you would post something like that when it is not accurate is exactly what we do not need with this kit as we are already dealing with enough. I just needed to clear that up before it goes any further, as I can already see it possibly spiraling into something it isn't

Email exchange:

"Sorry the previous email sent prematurely.
    I am looking to upgrade my HPFP and I wanted to be able to support 800 hp. Can the double barrel set up achieve this with the proper LPFP set up?

I have been looking at the FFTEC VFF900 kit and the Vargas VTX-R 67.

Also does the vtx-r 67 include everything from the exhaust manifold to the down pipe, lines etc?

Regards,

Jason Hynson"

Response

"The double barrel will support somewhere around 800 we are hoping, but will not know for sure until we do some testing. The Stage 3 VTX-R 67 includes everything you need including dp's lines, manifolds, etc.

Thanks!

Tony"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    To the OP: you really need to make sure you take your time with the decision and try to ride in some high HP cars setup differently to get a feel for what you want. TBH whether it's a single turbo or twin turbo it's the turbo size and manifold design that will make the difference in spool. If you go custom or to a shop that can do that you can literally have them build a manifold to make the car drive however you want it to. Power goal, etc. There is no doubt my kit spools faster than Ak335i and only difference is turbo size. I know fastgti's kit uses some smaller piping and shorter collectors, he will probably spool a bit quicker than I will but never be able to make the same power up top or same peak hp. This is going to be the case with FFtec as well. Tony's TT kits with different turbo options should be pretty awesome TBH, but not on the market yet, so hard to say too much, other than throwing two turbos in the mix will almost always give you an edge just by simply having a more versatile turbo option. don't think for a second two 58mm turbos won't be hard to spool with this motor though.

Tuning, fueling, and transmission solutions will all be available in the next few months, and honestly there are more options out there that are universal for all cars, you really don't need to wait for an existing established vendor to release a product. There are plenty of options available for additional injector controllers, boost controllers, etc. At the end of the day it's just not that complicated.

It's an odd time though right now cause there are not many options that are proven as just install, pnp, and instant race car. It's not like a 5.0 GT who has 100's of options to just buy a kit, drop off to a shop on a monday, and pickup on friday with 800hp. N54 will be there, but not for another year at least.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    To the OP: you really need to make sure you take your time with the decision and try to ride in some high HP cars setup differently to get a feel for what you want. TBH whether it's a single turbo or twin turbo it's the turbo size and manifold design that will make the difference in spool. If you go custom or to a shop that can do that you can literally have them build a manifold to make the car drive however you want it to. Power goal, etc. There is no doubt my kit spools faster than Ak335i and only difference is turbo size. I know fastgti's kit uses some smaller piping and shorter collectors, he will probably spool a bit quicker than I will but never be able to make the same power up top or same peak hp. This is going to be the case with FFtec as well. Tony's TT kits with different turbo options should be pretty awesome TBH, but not on the market yet, so hard to say too much, other than throwing two turbos in the mix will almost always give you an edge just by simply having a more versatile turbo option. don't think for a second two 58mm turbos won't be hard to spool with this motor though.

Tuning, fueling, and transmission solutions will all be available in the next few months, and honestly there are more options out there that are universal for all cars, you really don't need to wait for an existing established vendor to release a product. There are plenty of options available for additional injector controllers, boost controllers, etc. At the end of the day it's just not that complicated.

It's an odd time though right now cause there are not many options that are proven as just install, pnp, and instant race car. It's not like a 5.0 GT who has 100's of options to just buy a kit, drop off to a shop on a monday, and pickup on friday with 800hp. N54 will be there, but not for another year at least.
    This was the super long version of what I said, you want something now, go FFTEC or similar, you want to wait a little longer, go custom, or wait and see what shakes out in the next few months. But honestly the options coming are going to be as good if not better than what is available now, and the guys who think they will have a top end advantage with a long runner header, at these power levels that's just not the case, you are giving up spooll and not pushing enough power up top to see the gains, rule of thumb when building turbo kits, always go as smalll as you can to get the power you want. Otherwise you end up with a laggy car that can make a great peak number but is no fun to drive.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    This was the super long version of what I said, you want something now, go FFTEC or similar, you want to wait a little longer, go custom, or wait and see what shakes out in the next few months. But honestly the options coming are going to be as good if not better than what is available now, and the guys who think they will have a top end advantage with a long runner header, at these power levels that's just not the case, you are giving up spooll and not pushing enough power up top to see the gains, rule of thumb when building turbo kits, always go as smalll as you can to get the power you want. Otherwise you end up with a laggy car that can make a great peak number but is no fun to drive.
    Exactly, but without knowing his power wants/needs....just saying the kit me and dan have is built for more top end but we're also both going for a good amount of power. If you want 600whp or even 650whp and fast spool I'd say go a different route. Although, Proven Power could easily build a manifold to suit Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We're WAITING ON YOU TONY! Click here to enlarge

The smiley's on this site are impressive @Sticky

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TVPhoto Click here to enlarge
    DO NOT buy a 6466 if you're only looking for those power levels. The turbo I bought I plan on running a little over 700whp. FP HTA 3586r. Will spool much quicker than a 6466. I know what Dan is doing, but not sure why some others went with such a large turbo and do nothing with it...

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Jason, you were talking with me and I just answered another email, I have exactly 3 emails from you, the first one you sent was sent prematurely and was only about the HPFP upgrade the second one about the HPFP and the Stage 3 kit simply asking what parts came with the kit. See the email exchange below. Can you show me in that email where we gave the impression we were ready to take your money and build you a kit when your payment clears? So far in our communications you have been great and we would love to have you as a customer, but why you would post something like that when it is not accurate is exactly what we do not need with this kit as we are already dealing with enough. I just needed to clear that up before it goes any further, as I can already see it possibly spiraling into something it isn't

Email exchange:

"Sorry the previous email sent prematurely.
    I am looking to upgrade my HPFP and I wanted to be able to support 800 hp. Can the double barrel set up achieve this with the proper LPFP set up?

I have been looking at the FFTEC VFF900 kit and the Vargas VTX-R 67.

Also does the vtx-r 67 include everything from the exhaust manifold to the down pipe, lines etc?

Regards,

Jason Hynson"

Response

"The double barrel will support somewhere around 800 we are hoping, but will not know for sure until we do some testing. The Stage 3 VTX-R 67 includes everything you need including dp's lines, manifolds, etc.

Tony"
    Tony it was just a misunderstanding on my part. In the line of work it is communicated thoroughly, with pure understanding that the kits are a pre order only, when speaking to them via email, phone or in person, specially when inquiries come up of ordering something with that price tag.

The fuel pump was the only thing you hinted on that you guys are still testing. As far as the kit, if you read in the email you posted on the thread no where does it hint to me that it's pre order. As email states "The Stage 3 VTX-R 67 includes everything you need including dp's lines, manifolds, etc.
    Thanks" vs. "The stage three...will include when in production..." or something along those lines.
    To me that came across as it is available to be built and shipped.

Either way I fixed the post almost Immediately after the response (see edit note on post we are discussing) because I was responding from first post to last. Didn't realize the thread had took off. If you would like I can delete that post to prevent and not manage any issues. Don't want to cause any hassle for yall.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    DO NOT buy a 6466 if you're only looking for those power levels. The turbo I bought I plan on running a little over 700whp. FP HTA 3586r. Will spool much quicker than a 6466. I know what Dan is doing, but not sure why some others went with such a large turbo and do nothing with it...
    yeah... a 6466 is more a low 9xx high 8xx turbo...
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    listen to this guy. Sound familiar?
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

With all these talks of kits coming out, etc, I wish someone would break my 5.9s 60-130 record already so I could get motivated to improve on the time... Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The more power the better. When the proper stuff comes out to support a 1000 hp I want to be able to be only a few feet from it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    With all these talks of kits coming out, etc, I wish someone would break my 5.9s 60-130 record already so I could get motivated to improve on the time... Click here to enlarge
    Send me the vbox. I'll pay pal u a rental fee and best ur time <3
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast