Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blaizon Click here to enlarge
    @bobS I would oggle your car every time I stopped by ACM...it's modded perfectly! After seeing all of the major players supercharger kits in the s65 world, I was def impressed with the build quality/fit finish of the evolve kit. Hopefully I'm up and running by the time dor rolls around so we can have some fun.

I think I need to hit up Steve to drive his car since I'm in his neck of the woods Click here to enlarge

Good luck with the car man!
    Thanks! i'm going to warn you....if you drive steve's car you'll be dreaming about the evolve kit and will have your 335 up for sale. Haha
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Sigh...Why did I read this post?

Must resist urge...

Beautiful car, btw.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Good read and beautiful ride! Would love to ride in a supercharged ///M as that's the route I hope to go. Don't know if there are many down this way though. Thanks for the write up!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Sigh...Why did I read this post?

Must resist urge...

Beautiful car, btw.
    Go for it!! you only live once
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

@bobS, I think you and I dropped the 335i platform at about the same time. I sold my Stg3 spot and you sold your Stg2 spot lol. Nice kit, I wish I had a bigger budget for something that nice. But the VF540 kit I got was a steal, hoping to have dynos of it plus the article up soon enough. I think the belt was a bit too old because I'm getting some belt slip preventing me from making any boost (maybe 0.5psi at 8k rpms with a non-linear boost curve)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    @bobS, I think you and I dropped the 335i platform at about the same time. I sold my Stg3 spot and you sold your Stg2 spot lol. Nice kit, I wish I had a bigger budget for something that nice. But the VF540 kit I got was a steal, hoping to have dynos of it plus the article up soon enough. I think the belt was a bit too old because I'm getting some belt slip preventing me from making any boost (maybe 0.5psi at 8k rpms with a non-linear boost curve)
    Nice!! Yea there are tons of used kits in the for sale section, some are really low mileage. Right now someone could pick up a 09 m3, get a 625 kit for half price and have a real fun car! I look forward to your write up.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    @inlineS54B32 I assume your referring to throttle response when you say "sharpness"? Its almost exactly like stock, maybe better. I give credit to Evolve for that and thier tune. My efficiency hasn't really increased but hasn't suffered, its hard because this car isn't a daily driver for me. I drive it on weekends, so when i'm behind the wheel I tend to romp on it a bit more than avg. I can tell you on my recent 400 mile trip to the beach house and back, I avg 20.3 mpg, cruising at 80mph, 75% highway and driving hard on off ramps/on ramps. Not bad.

You do need to drive a Supercharged M3 if you haven't. There is more than enough power with this kit. I try to find places where I can safely ring it out to 8400 rpms!!!
    What an awesome car... The M3 is an excellent (if not one of the best) cars - but pushing the power curve makes for a near-supercar in my book. Hold onto that thing for as long as you possibly can!

I need to bite the bullet and get one this summer... I keep talking about it - but never act. Anyone on the forum in the Chicagoland area with a blown M3? Would like to drive one.

On another note, anyone going to this? --> http://wannagofast.com/chicago.php - I will be there Sunday. Not driving, but have a few friends that are (all American muscle though).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    What an awesome car... The M3 is an excellent (if not one of the best) cars - but pushing the power curve makes for a near-supercar in my book. Hold onto that thing for as long as you possibly can!

I need to bite the bullet and get one this summer... I keep talking about it - but never act. Anyone on the forum in the Chicagoland area with a blown M3? Would like to drive one.

On another note, anyone going to this? --> http://wannagofast.com/chicago.php - I will be there Sunday. Not driving, but have a few friends that are (all American muscle though).
    It is near-supercar imo. The looks, sound, handling, speed is amazing. My father in law had a ferrari f430 and he just got rid of it. This m almost fills the void for me borrowing it.... almost Click here to enlarge

I know a guy with the same Evolve kit I have , actually the same color car as me...lol in chicago. pm me for details. He ordered his kit a couple weeks after mine.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Wish I wasnt working this weekend. Heard its going to be a great time with a lot of High HP cars.
    Titanium Silver E92 09 BMW 335i xdrive 6AT
    KW V3 coilovers, AMS FMIC, AR Catless DP, Walbro 455 LPFP, BMS DCI, Alpina B3 Trans Flash, Vargas HPFP and Rail
    Protuned via Cobb by JR TUNED @ PandL Motorsports
    75%E85/25%93 blend 430awhp/470lbs tq on AWD Dynojet
    Dyno Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE6Ed...ature=youtu.be

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Hold onto that thing for as long as you possibly can!
    Don't tell him that. In two years he is going to need a new ride.
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E91 Stockish and slow AF

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Blown m3 vs 335 is no discussion for anyone who has been in both. Turbo m3... now things get crazy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Smashed my front lip from a tire tread this morning...on the nj turnpike, 80+mph....ugh Click here to enlarge Time for a new front lip!
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)

This is a perfectly done E92M. Don't change anything!!

The S65 has really been calling my name lately............

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Congrats Bob. Car is looking sharp and its nice to hear about the way the car drives because that is what sets it apart.

Nice job on the pictures and install too ACM. I had fun getting to know the Ninja Mechanix. ;-)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Cant wait to see your dyno. Your car is setup very nicely also

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Beautiful craftsmanship and engineering - and furthermore beautiful car (like the color combo/lowered stance/LED angels). I really need to drive a blown M3 - I am getting the itch after reading more and more "happy" stories like this.

How many miles on the M3 before the install - and how many since? It's a weird question, but as a percentage (like 90%? 95%?) - what would you say the relative sharpness is vs. stock? Another weird one (although, probably guessing you haven't really checked) - but say cruising at 80 MPH on an open road, did you see an increase in efficiency? I read it is better with the blower, and makes sense that it would be.

Overall, I am sure it's worse - but that's the only thing I wish would have been better in the e9x M3 - efficiency at highway speed. My e46 M3 was high 20s, and am can barely touch 20 if I am trying. Overall this year, I get a dismal 11.9 MPG (mostly city driving this year).

TL;DR;? Nice car, nice blower! Any other "benefits" or "losses" besides the added power?
    I have a different kit but I have noticed a 1-1.5mpg increase overall. I attribute this mainly to the extra torque (even though there isn't much below 4,000) that makes it easier to accelerate so I can get to cruising speed that little bit more quickly.

I honestly have zero regrets, the car is just so $#@!ing fast with a simple 7psi intercooled supercharger kit and the 100% stock M3 handles the power just fine. You don't necessarily need to touch the suspension, brakes, or even tires although spending some money wisely in those areas will only improve the car even more.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Right on^

That's the thing, just add a blower and the m3 is a amazing car. Add some Ohlin coils and a nice wheel package and she will handle like it's on rails...Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I want one! Damn! @Mike@VAC, PM me a quote to do the install!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Love the way the intercooler looks, and the way it's visible under the grilles.

Nicely done.
    Banned from m3post for voicing displeasure about regular guy's ban. Yay.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jeffman Click here to enlarge
    I want one! Damn! @Mike@VAC, PM me a quote to do the install!
    He's leaving VAC.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    He's leaving VAC.
    Where is he going?
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    He's leaving VAC.
    OMG! Where's he going?
    What will Philly do without him?
    2008 E90 335xi AT 57K MILES
    MHD CUSTOM E50, N20 TMAP, FUEL-IT STG 2 LPFP, cPE CHARGE PIPE, HELIX IC, FORGE DV, BMS DCI, BMS T-STAT DELETE, BMS OCC, RB PCV, KW-V1 COILOVERS, APEX ARC-8, 235/265 MICHELIN PSS, ALPINA B3 TCU, SCOOPS
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Where is he going?
    I don't know.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jeffman Click here to enlarge
    OMG! Where's he going?
    What will Philly do without him?
    I wish I had answers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

Great car Bob, stop by anytime. Loving having you and it, around.
    Click here to enlarge
    I probably run as much boost as you do fuel pressure

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast