Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BimmerBoost member impressions of an Evolve E600 Supercharged DCT D92 M3 and the installation by AutoCouture Motoring in New Jersey

bobS is offline Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

15 out of 15 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

BimmerBoost member impressions of an Evolve E600 Supercharged DCT D92 M3 and the installation by AutoCouture Motoring in New Jersey

I wanted to start a thread and share my experience with my Evolve Supercharged M3, this thread is a little long winded but below is my overall impressions/opinions of the Evolve E600 kit.

My quest to buy a Supercharged M3

A little over a year ago, I was heavy into the N54 bmw scene and owned a cleanly modded 6speed 335. When modding my cars, I always try and buy top notch parts, do lots of research, and make sure the parts are functional in performance, quality, looks, fit/function and longevity. The 335 was built over 2 years and I had just put a deposit down on Stg 2 turbo’s when a local buddy of mine installed a Evolve kit on his M3.

When he got the Evolve kit installed, he offered me to take it for a spin. From the moment I drove the car, ripping through the gears (DCT!!!) in that Evolve M3, I was in awe at how the car performed. As you know, the m3 itself is a potent platform and with the Evolve kit…..it is a absolute weapon.

I had to have one….

Click here to enlarge

Almost immediately, my stg 2 turbo slot was sold, my 335 was sold to another enthusiast, and within 3 months I had concluded my search for a M3 and bought a very clean 2009, Silverstone, low mileage, DCT M3 from a local enthusiast. I enjoyed the M3 for a couple months as is, started getting the power itch, and began searching for which Supercharger kit I wanted to go with. I was trying to keep a open mind, look at all the options available, and make a decision. There are a lot of good kits out there but I like to be different, and Evolve kept popping into my mind. I kept thinking about that drive in LM’s Evolve M3 and decided to send a email to Sal at Evolve, to inquire about the kit, and he emailed me back asking for my phone number to discuss the kit.

My decision to go with Evolve

While talking on the phone to Sal, it didn’t take long for me to realize that Sal and the team at Evolve are big time BMW enthusiasts and put a lot of heart, effort, research, and development into the products they produce. These guys know their stuff….. Sal told me all about the development of the E600 kit, the performance they were trying to achieve, the reason they designed the kit as is and gained my confidence rather quickly. I decided I had heard exactly what I wanted to hear, stopped my research on other kits, and put a deposit in.

The install

The kit took about 6 weeks to show up. In the meantime, I reached out to the shop I use religiously, AutoCouture Motoring, and asked if they were willing to install the Evolve kit for me. Sal and Tom at ACM have always taken care of me with my 335 and M3. I live only 20 minutes from their shop so its super convenient for me.

They were more than willing to tackle the install of their first E600 Evolve Supercharger Kit. Tom is meticulous in his installs and takes his time to make everything right. The install of this kit is not the easiest, the kit is pretty complex and you can almost say overly engineered, but in a good way. Every piece is high quality, well thought out, and in my opinion, overall….a work of art. This is exactly the quality I’m looking for in a supercharger kit for my M3. I must say we did have a issue with some parts being damaged in shipping, and the wrong injectors sent with the kit, but ACM and Evolve discussed the issues and worked through them. The install also took longer than expected due to the injector issue, but again, the guys at ACM/Evolve eventually solved the problem.

The Kit
    As I mentioned before, this kit is a work of art. The manifold design, custom brackets/parts, intercooler/cooling system, rotrex blower and how its mounted, routing of the belt/bracket for the belt, are all top notch, high quality, and work flawlessly. The Evolve kit isn’t the cheapest kit you can buy, and you can see why. I was very excited to hit the road and get that feeling back when I drove LM’s car a couple months earlier.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Evolve Custom Tune

I chose to send my car to Garth at Undercover Performance for my custom supercharged tune. Garth and Undercover is the same company that worked with Sal to custom tune LM’s Evolve M3. Garth worked with me to find a convenient time to tune my M3 and did a excellent job fitting me in with not much notice. Undercover has lots of experience with the Evolve kit as well as other high HP cars. They are tuning 1000 whp Porsche 911’s, Supra’s, GTR’s, etc., on a weekly basis, so I knew my car was in good hands. Garth worked with Sal at Evolve, and Sal came up with a tune that works well for my mods. Sal's ability to tune the car for your specific mods is a huge plus and another feature that sets this kit apart from the competition. No HP/TQ is left on the table.

Overall impression/driveability of the car

After allowing my tune to adapt and getting a feel for the car it was time to let it loose. Holy S#@^ !!! The car flat out performs. As you can imagine, a supercharger on the s65 turns this platform into a beast. I love it! The acceleration is brutal, the drivability/smoothness is as close to stock as you can get but with double the power. For those that have driven a supercharged e9x m3, you know exactly what I’m talking about. I will say the rotrex blower doesn’t disappoint and lives up to its reputation of providing quick spool and low end TQ. Remember, I came from a n54, so I loved the low end TQ and was worried that would be a tradeoff when switching to the e92 m3.

My E600 kit is Evolve’s base kit with 6.7 psi of boost. They also offer a 8+psi version that is even quicker. After driving LM’s car, I did notice how the rotrex provides a nice bump in low end tq over stock. The car is in boost at 3k rpms and drivability around town, flat out, or just cruising on the highway is perfect. On the street, the car doesn’t heat soak at all and temps are in check no matter how hard you hammer it (this was in 80-90 degree NJ weather!). I haven't taken the car to the track but will be attending roll on events this summer. I have confidence this kit will perform very well.

The best thing about this Evolve kit is not only the increased power but the way this power is put to use. The throttle response, instant surge of power, and smoothness of this kit is the greatest asset of the Evolve kit. Its really hard to describe, you just have to drive it. I plan to have a dyno soon….and I know it will put down good power. I‘ve seen LM‘s dynos……. In my opinion, the dyno doesn‘t tell the whole story and the drivability of this kit is where I‘m most satisfied. All of the supercharger kits available for the S65 put down good power, it’s the drivability that separates them, in my opinion.

For now, I just wanted to share my experience and urge anyone that is looking to supercharge their M3 to give Evolve a hard look.

Reach out to Sal@Evolve and discuss the E600 kit. You won’t be disappointed!

Special thanks to Matt @ ACM for the pics.... Sal and Tom at ACM, Sal and the team @ Evolve, and Garth at Undercover Performance

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

My Mods

- Evolve E600 Supercharger @ 6.7psi max boost
    - Fabspeed 200 cell high flow catted Xpipe
    - Eisemann Race Exhaust with connecting pipes
    - Ohlin Coilovers
    - Vorsteiner Bootlid
    - Vorsteiner Type II Rear Diffuser
    - Luma front lip
    - Morr VS70 18x10.5 square wheels
    - ACM upgraded angel eyes
    - ACM edition P3 Vent gauge
    - Black Kidney grills
    - Painted reflectors
    Click here to enlarge
    Evolve Supercharged ///M3

2. #ADS

Sticky is offline Regular User

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1436 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Took you long enough. Too busy taking pics the wife on facebook...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You look like a retarded teenager discovering internet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1436 Post(s)

@bobS why is there no graph? Quickly scanning this over before I read in its entirety.

bobS is offline Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    @bobS why is there no graph? Quickly scanning this over before I read in its entirety.

LOL at the wife comments.... I don't have a dyno graph to post at the moment...I'll get one eventually. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1436 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    LOL at the wife comments....
    No laughter here. Tinge of jealousy perhaps.

I don't have a dyno graph to post at the moment...I'll get one eventually.
    You had just about the perfect article. Get a Dynojet graph please. ASAP.

bobS is offline Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

No laughter here. Tinge of jealousy perhaps.

You had just about the perfect article. Get a Dynojet graph please. ASAP.
    Its going to be a bit for a dyno... I am busy as hell with work and the roll race takes up my next free weekend... just letting you know.
    Click here to enlarge

Ak335i is offline Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

Beautiful. Repped

Approved
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1436 Post(s)

Its going to be a bit for a dyno... I am busy as hell with work and the roll race takes up my next free weekend... just letting you know.
    That's fine, no rush as long as it is an intention. Well done, congrats.

bobS is offline Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

That's fine, no rush as long as it is an intention. Well done, congrats.
    Thanks!!
    Click here to enlarge

TZ04XJR is offline Member
    tax it..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Awesome writeup! Man you have a beautiful car!!
    E60 M5 SMG - Sapphire Black exterior, Black interior, Full leather, Ventilated comfort seats, Aluminum trim, Alcantara Headliner, Matte Black front/side grills, 20% window tint, Plasti Dipped Black Wheels, Hardwired 9500ix, RPI scoops(Red), Block off plates, BMC filters (c/f delete), Evolve-R Stage 2 Tune, Muffler & Secondary Cat Delete

P500s S6 DSC OFF- ALL DAY, EVERY DAY.. Unless it's wet out
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Stunning
    Tired of being cold? I sell pieces of paradise! Click here to enlargePM me for more info!

Group.america is offline Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

This is what modding should be........... perfection... I am jealous
    996 TTS RWD
    E39 540i
    Click here to enlarge

richpike is offline Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Gorgeous. Nicely done.

-Rich
    E90 LCI 335i Black Sapphire (his)
    COBB/PTF proTUNE/Alpina/BMS Drop-in/PSS/Blizzak
    L322 Range Rover Java Black (hers)
    1969 Opel Gt Strato Blue (storage)
    Audi TT ALMS Misano Red - 1 of 500 in the US (storage)

ChuckD05 is offline Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Beautiful car with quality parts installed by the best around. From the coils to sc it's all top notch stuff. Props to you , I look forward to seeing this car in person sooner than later , I got to get to some of these events sooner than later.

Have you sent oil off / thought about sending oil to blackstone for analysis ? Curious how the motor is and will be after some miles bc I hear conflicting opinions on the earlier s65s.

side unrelated question .. do you know if he used a canon with the 24-70 2.8f II Lens ? Fn lens is sick just got it and I had no idea what I was missing using my $#@! glass. I'm almost certain that he used it for these shots.
    2009 FBO RB'd mtech e92 6AT - 11.3@126
    2008 FBO CR e82 6M - 12.0@120 - Sold

fastgti69 is offline Back2Euro

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Gorgeous color combo on the car, and very tasteful mods. Evolve kit looks very OEMish quality and I really like it. Good read, I enjoyed it.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1436 Post(s)

Promoted to the front page with edits.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

@bobS Congrats again. Enjoy.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods: GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II + KCA-420i, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, EVOLVE Alpha-N Tune, BBS CH's, 3K AE's/Low Beams, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

bobS is offline Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    Beautiful car with quality parts installed by the best around. From the coils to sc it's all top notch stuff. Props to you , I look forward to seeing this car in person sooner than later , I got to get to some of these events sooner than later.

Have you sent oil off / thought about sending oil to blackstone for analysis ? Curious how the motor is and will be after some miles bc I hear conflicting opinions on the earlier s65s.

side unrelated question .. do you know if he used a canon with the 24-70 2.8f II Lens ? Fn lens is sick just got it and I had no idea what I was missing using my $#@! glass. I'm almost certain that he used it for these shots.
    I'm not into photography at all so I don't have a clue what he used but I can find out. I always seem to take terrible pics of my car lol.

I did send a oil analysis to blackstone before the supercharger and everything was perfect. I plan to send another after this oil change. I don't think there is much to worry about as long as you properly warm up the car and change the oil frequently. With the supercharger I plan on changing the oil every 3k miles.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

@bobS I would oggle your car every time I stopped by ACM...it's modded perfectly! After seeing all of the major players supercharger kits in the s65 world, I was def impressed with the build quality/fit finish of the evolve kit. Hopefully I'm up and running by the time dor rolls around so we can have some fun.

I think I need to hit up Steve to drive his car since I'm in his neck of the woods Click here to enlarge

Good luck with the car man!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Great writeup! And I have to agree, ACM is great shop.
    COBB, ER FMIC Full Kit, AR DPs, Forge DVs, aFe Stage 2 Sealed Intake, RB PCV upgrade

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

car is perfection...congrats on a beautiful build sir!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Beautiful craftsmanship and engineering - and furthermore beautiful car (like the color combo/lowered stance/LED angels). I really need to drive a blown M3 - I am getting the itch after reading more and more "happy" stories like this.

How many miles on the M3 before the install - and how many since? It's a weird question, but as a percentage (like 90%? 95%?) - what would you say the relative sharpness is vs. stock? Another weird one (although, probably guessing you haven't really checked) - but say cruising at 80 MPH on an open road, did you see an increase in efficiency? I read it is better with the blower, and makes sense that it would be.

Overall, I am sure it's worse - but that's the only thing I wish would have been better in the e9x M3 - efficiency at highway speed. My e46 M3 was high 20s, and am can barely touch 20 if I am trying. Overall this year, I get a dismal 11.9 MPG (mostly city driving this year).

TL;DR;? Nice car, nice blower! Any other "benefits" or "losses" besides the added power?

bobS is offline Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

@inlineS54B32 I assume your referring to throttle response when you say "sharpness"? Its almost exactly like stock, maybe better. I give credit to Evolve for that and thier tune. My efficiency hasn't really increased but hasn't suffered, its hard because this car isn't a daily driver for me. I drive it on weekends, so when i'm behind the wheel I tend to romp on it a bit more than avg. I can tell you on my recent 400 mile trip to the beach house and back, I avg 20.3 mpg, cruising at 80mph, 75% highway and driving hard on off ramps/on ramps. Not bad.

You do need to drive a Supercharged M3 if you haven't. There is more than enough power with this kit. I try to find places where I can safely ring it out to 8400 rpms!!!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

nice write up Bob car is looking really fresh.
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Awesome car Bob. You really know how to bring together the best parts and make an awesome vehicle. I'm sure it is a blast to drive.
    E92 Bren Tune
    E90 PTF Tune

Mod lists are for the weak.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast