Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2015 M3 Dyno!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mpower33 Click here to enlarge
    do you feel the new m3 is faster than the e60 m5 ? (both stock)
    it's quicker not faster, remember m5 delimited top speed is 200
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mpower33 Click here to enlarge
    do you feel the new m3 is faster than the e60 m5 ? (both stock)
    It feels really fast, maybe 124mph, but it's also loud and shifts fast. So that may be making it feel faster than it actually is. VBOX comes will come soon.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Btw which fuel did you use ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Dealer supplied 91 octane + a can of NOS octane booster.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rawad1017 Click here to enlarge
    it's quicker not faster, remember m5 delimited top speed is 200
    Who's racing to 200mph??

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    I don't see it unless Terry is able to jack the timing way up. Keep in mind that back end flash is not an option here. Maybe he could give Wedge a call....
    I'm guessing Wedge stories aren't just limited to Texas? :p
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Congrats Terry! Can't wait to see the full tune come out on this car along with supporting mods.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by B00stGeek Click here to enlarge
    Who's racing to 200mph??
    lots of people that race their cars? it doesn't matter who is racing to 200mph to determine which car is faster lol
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

lots of people that race their cars? it doesn't matter who is racing to 200mph to determine which car is faster lol
    Hardly anyone is racing up to 200mph unless they are at a 1/2 mile event or longer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Good news... Turns out the S55 DME is similar to the F30 N55. Which means JB4 development will be relatively easy. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Good news... Turns out the S55 DME is similar to the F30 N55. Which means JB4 development will be relatively easy. Click here to enlarge
    is it possible to use N55 JB4 for the S55?
    will u offer a map for S55 with lower boost than factory like 15psi for fuel economy?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

No, it's going to have to be a different system/setup, but the same logic applies.

We won't offer any lower boost maps at least not to start. I'm thinking we'll keep with the stock, pump gas, pump + exhaust mods, E85, meth, and race gas setup we use now across multiple JB4 platforms.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135idct Click here to enlarge
    is it possible to use N55 JB4 for the S55?
    will u offer a map for S55 with lower boost than factory like 15psi for fuel economy?
    If you want fuel economy, stay off boost.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

It feels really fast, maybe 124mph, but it's also loud and shifts fast. So that may be making it feel faster than it actually is. VBOX comes will come soon.
    This thing isn't trapping 124...
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 Click here to enlarge
    If you want fuel economy, stay off boost.
    And away from E85.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This thing isn't trapping 124...
    lol it seems a stretch but our VT2 N55 335 did 124mph with 475whp at Famoso.. So, it may be in the ballpark? Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

lol it seems a stretch but our VT2 N55 335 did 124mph with 475whp at Famoso.. So, it may be in the ballpark? Click here to enlarge
    I really don't think so. The VBOX will read higher so you may get a 12X on it but I'd expect stock numbers to be around ~118 on pump. With a tune I think it should be around an M5 and probably a couple MPH slower than a stock M6.

I mean we'll have to see that sounds about right.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

I really don't think so. The VBOX will read higher so you may get a 12X on it but I'd expect stock numbers to be around ~118 on pump. With a tune I think it should be around an M5 and probably a couple MPH slower than a stock M6.

Sounds about right, most guys with FBO racegas and meth on n54 running 120-22 max with around 450whp, so I can see 124mph trap from a 475whp car.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

The vboxtools.com site gives you the MPH in actual (inflated) and real trap speed (last 60' averaged). It's pretty sweet. Was spot on last time I used it with the M5 at the track.There is generally a ~1mph difference between actual and trap speed.

My wild guess is stock 120mph tuned at ~24psi 124mph.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Very cool! Your moving fast.... I like it!
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

New M3/M4 is quicker and faster than the last generation m5/m6.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

New M3/M4 is quicker and faster than the last generation m5/m6.
    Have yet to see that demonstrated but it should definitely be quicker. A highway roll I'd love to see.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have yet to see that demonstrated but it should definitely be quicker. A highway roll I'd love to see.
    I'm sure the m3/m4 traps higher. Unless the race goes on for miles, the m3/m4 should win from a roll.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I can't imagine how it couldn't be faster than the old M5...it's got as much hp, way more torque, a much better gearbox, and weighs about 500 pounds less. There's just no way it's not wiping the floor with an E60 M5.

These are insane numbers, was really hoping this trend would continue and they did not disappoint. And great job BMS on getting this tune out there so quickly. Bet it feels amazing once you add that in. If the N54 is anything to go by...the S55 should be capable of ridiculous numbers in the future.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

I'm sure the m3/m4 traps higher. Unless the race goes on for miles, the m3/m4 should win from a roll.
    It looks like between those two it will be close but the DCT might edge it. The M5/M6 will have the gearing advantage. I don't know, should be a good race either way.

From a stop the M3/M4 with the DCT and weight advantage will just beat it. I remember racing the E60 M5 in my E92 M3 so I know how that went down. The S85 top end is good though.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast