Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2015 M3 Dyno!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So I guess Terry's dyno proves that BMW was sand bagging us yet again on the M3's real horsepower? No great surprise, so realistically the HP figure is closer to 500 than the advertised 425...??

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    great work!
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    I'm amazed he already got 50whp from it doing absolutely nothing.
    lol some skill was involved. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    423whp? $#@! man Click here to enlarge
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    lol some skill was involved. Click here to enlarge
    Of course, I trust you Click here to enlarge. I will be going to redyno next week if you wanted to come by. Maybe you can test something else on the M, possibly meth Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    I don't see it unless Terry is able to jack the timing way up. Keep in mind that back end flash is not an option here. Maybe he could give Wedge a call....
    LOL I gotta spread rep before I can rep you again.

Can't wait to see what a full bolt on M3 can do especially on E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rooringhusky Click here to enlarge
    Its not a compound setup thats what lulz was referring to. Not sure where you read that but they are 2x mono scroll Mitsubishi turbos similar to the N54 setup but bigger sized turbos (similar to what some of the Stage 2 upgraded stock frame N54 turbos offer). TF035 is the size I believe but dont quote me on that:

Attachment 38746
    Good to know, last I had heard it was going to definitely be a different sized turbo setup, but not sure on turbos, glad to hear it's more traditional. Should make for some great upgrades depending on how much space there is to work with.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blitz535i Click here to enlarge
    So I guess Terry's dyno proves that BMW was sand bagging us yet again on the M3's real horsepower? No great surprise, so realistically the HP figure is closer to 500 than the advertised 425...??
    I was thinking this too, performance numbers support Terry's numbers as well don't they?
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blitz535i Click here to enlarge
    Turbo BMWs normally dyno around the crank rating to the wheels. So this is no big surprise. 4th gear did around 415whp which may be more what people were expecting, but the runs were so short it didn't really get up to full boost target. I think with the DCT cars 5th is a more accurate gear to dyno in. 4th for the MT and older steptronics of course.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Dynojet dyno numbers for the underrated 2015 BMW F80 M3 - BMS tests the BMW S55 turbo inline-6 stock and with a Stage I tune

Well that was fast! Burger Tuning took delivery of their brand new F80 M3 (100 miles on it when tested) recently. As they typically do with a new test car, it headed straight over to a Dynojet to get some baseline figures. The car is underrated as expected and almost customary with the new BMW M turbo era. BMW went even more conservative with the horsepower and torque ratings than they did in the F10 M5 as the S55 in the F80 M3 despite its 425 horsepower rating shows 427 horsepower to the wheels.

Click here to enlarge

BMW is basically rating the motor at the wheels what it is showing at the crank. They are playing the German horsepower war conservatively and keeping numbers low for the sake of competition and delivering them where they matter, at the tire. That way they do not get caught up in a power shootout on paper which Mercedes loves to do.

The peak torque figure exceeds the peak horsepower figure which is interesting as the quoted torque figure is less than the quoted horsepower figure at 406 lb-ft of torque. The torque curve itself is not BMW M's best work but it is certainly flatter through the curve than the N54 and N55. It drops off toward redline as expected but it holds past 7000 rpm enough for the HP curve to not take a big dive. This is the best looking curve of a turbocharged M motor to this point.

What about the tuned numbers? They take the M3 up to 479 wheel horsepower and 484 lb-ft of wheel torque. Roughly 52 wheel horsepower gained with a mild tune early on. This tune will develop but off the showroom floor if you want another 50 horsepower at the wheels you can get it on pump gas right now without anything else needed. This is just a guess but BimmerBoost would argue that it looks like ~500 whp for tuned S55 motors on pump gas will be the norm with basic supporting mods.

BMW disappointed people with their crank horsepower ratings but did the smart thing overall. Why quote some big number when they know Mercedes and Audi both have a bit of displacement on them?

BimmerBoost would also at this time like to point out its guess from last year as to the power output of the new M3 and the S55 inline-6:

The only bright side BimmerBoost can see is that the new M3 may be severely underrated just like the F10 M5. Let's assume this is the case and apply what we have all seen with the F10 M5 to the new M3. That would mean 417 wheel horsepower for the new M3 despite its appallingly low crank rating. That would also mean an increase of 67 wheel horsepower over the E92 M3 which is a hell of a lot better than 30 horsepower at the crank.

Not a bad guess, eh?

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Woohoo article status! Thanks Sticky.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    so essentially out of the box, the S55 is making almost 100 more rwhp than the S65 with an older 80E software. holy $#@!nitz!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Woohoo article status! Thanks Sticky.
    Yeah... the pleasure and thanks is kind of on this side for this one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by spool twice Click here to enlarge
    so essentially out of the box, the S55 is making almost 100 more rwhp than the S65 with an older 80E software. holy $#@!nitz!
    Not 100 but more like 70. About what it should be.

E46 M3 - ~275
    E90 M3 - ~350
    F80 M3 - ~425

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    great work BMS , is it a dct ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mpower33 Click here to enlarge
    I believe it is a DCT.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)

Great results. I really like the idea of an AW over sakhir orange M3...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

So drag strip this weekend?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BMWJunkie Click here to enlarge
    So drag strip this weekend?
    Only seems right!
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i want one.
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yup. I'm going to start saving my nickels. I want one. This car is going to be insane.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mpower33 Click here to enlarge
    Yes DCT
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is great news big props to burger motorsports for setting the bar early
    ground control coilovers/wavetrac lsd/ full m3 suspension/delrin bushings/ megan racing toe and camber arms/bmw oem performance carbon fiber front lip and rear deck spoiler/m3 strut brace/ecs SS brakelines/CPE dci's, charge pipe, catless dp, fmic/bms OCC/tuningtechfs custom tune/defiv diff lockdownkit,rbpcv valve.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

do you feel the new m3 is faster than the e60 m5 ? (both stock)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I will save up for 2 years. I'm sure all bugs will work out and many parts are available from BMS and other vendors, then I will buy one! Click here to enlarge
    08 535i 6MT - JB4 G5 ISO - Luke performance flash - E40 & BMS 100% Meth - AR design catless DP - ETS 5" intercooler - BMS DCI - BMS OCC - ER chargepipe - HKS BOV - K-sport coilovers - UUC evo SSK - CDV deleted - ACS spoiler - Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast