Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 M3 Dyno!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

7 out of 7 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

2015 M3 Dyno!

Hey guys,

Was able to get our new 2015 M3 over to the dyno today for a little test and tune action. It has around 100 miles on the clock... Click here to enlarge Fuel is 91 octane + a can of octane booster to bring octane up to around 93 octane.

To start I did a few baseline runs in 4th and 5th gear. The best of which was 427rw in 5th gear. Boost was around 19.5psi peak, timing around 9 degrees up top, and I was fairly disappointed with the output. I'm not sure what might be holding back power but we'll have to dive in to that as we get further in to the R&D process.

Not satisfied I decided to whip up a Stage1 alpha tune and after some work had boost up to 24psi and power up to a more respectable ~480rw. Click here to enlarge

Work continues!

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    480 already! Damn, you don't waste any time.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Like a boss! Tune within 2 days, Terry your a machine Click here to enlarge

Heres to hoping BMS has this market on lockdown!
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good stuff Terry, the car looks great too!
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Its crazy how lean they are running that engine into the power band.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lmfao T you do not waste any time...

Seems about right honestly... This will beat 9/10 335s on the road stock which is better than I thought would be the case... and with your basic tune WITH stock cats be about even with the upgraded twin cars... Thats good to me.... RB power levels are good for 75% of the people who will buy this car with just having to plug in a few wires.
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    but its funny hearing the reviews say how blazingly fast this car is. And all this only 2 days with the car LOL

Question though : What gear is closest to 1:1 ? You usually post 4th gear dynos on the n54 right? What did it dyno in 4th?

also interesting how rich you ran her up top as well to gain power.
    Last edited by ChuckD05; 06-16-2014 at 01:57 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What does a RB car do on this dyno? Jacked her up to 24 psi huh? hmmm.... I wonder how much room these stockers really have in themClick here to enlarge

Props for getting this thing right on the dyno and tuning it!
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For DCT cars normally 5th as 4th is very short.

Up next some e85 tuning.... Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    An rb car in a customers hands with an e85 off the shelf flash with e85 / 93 mix or meth or a mix of both at 19-20 psi with everything aligned will make 480-500ish depending on boost/map/conditions of weather and equip... more boost in mid range will bump that number up but you start really rolling the dice with longevity or reliability that's even considerably reasonable at 23-24 psi mid-range 20 at redline IMO obviously. But that will make from what I have seen 520-540 @bobS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If I recall correctly, 5th gear on the e92 m3 dct is 1:1
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great effort (already)... brilliant
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    An rb car in a customers hands with an e85 off the shelf flash with e85 / 93 mix or meth or a mix of both at 19-20 psi with everything aligned will make 480-500ish depending on boost/map/conditions of weather and equip... more boost in mid range will bump that number up but you start really rolling the dice with longevity or reliability that's even considerably reasonable at 23-24 psi mid-range 20 at redline IMO obviously. But that will make from what I have seen 520-540 @bobS
    I hear you...i was wondering on this dyno since we all know dyno numbers can really vary...
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    Great effort (already)... brilliant

oohhh thattsss briilliiaannntntttttttt , oh the crosssss, Gooooooaaaaaalllllll...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    I hear you...i was wondering on this dyno since we all know dyno numbers can really vary...
    T usually makes 500ish +, on that exact dyno, he just tuned an e85 blend car to 510 which is about what you would expect on that dyno i believe, Ando from BMW had the nicest curve ive seen with 500+ almost throughout the entire powerband on that dyno , i believe between 520-530 but they with what i pressume crapped out because he went to a small single not so long after i caught wind of the car "smoking" a little... other cars have made more but nothing you would do every day like this car will do on 93 octane with stock cats Click here to enlarge

In no way am i knocking RBs because they are bad ass, i have them, dynoed 486 on a dynojet with a dying lpfp pump, insanely bizarre trim issues, causing overall a very unhappy car before i took them off just because of one smoking... but i felt i had to dyno it before i pulled them and was shocked with that power. RBs when it ran best got me an 11.3@126.7 which shows great power but this M3 would prob do that within a week through stock parts, T may expect more but to me thats outstanding!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Very impressive! Looks like I'll be sub'ing to this thread and see where it goes. Might just have to order that Sakhir Orange M3 after all...
    2012 335i E92 Coupe 6AT | Titanium Silver | Packages: CW, Convenience, M-Sport, NAV, Apps | HK 7 Stereo | Black Leather | Painted M-Sport wheels
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Awesome Terry! 480whp on just a beta tune is amazing. 550whp on racegas looks very promising!!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Awesome Terry! 480whp on just a beta tune is amazing. 550whp on racegas looks very promising!!
    That would be huge.

Anyone know what size the stock turbos are? It is a compound turbo setup correct? Maybe ~52mm turbo and a ~58mm turbo? With small turbine sides and ~.6x A/R for quick spool?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i just said that before to a co worker, thats def realistic to achieve which would be awesome

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    That would be huge.

Anyone know what size the stock turbos are? It is a compound turbo setup correct? Maybe ~52mm turbo and a ~58mm turbo? With small turbine sides and ~.6x A/R for quick spool?
    Wayyyyyy off. Basically RB turbos from the factory.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

I don't see it unless Terry is able to jack the timing way up. Keep in mind that back end flash is not an option here. Maybe he could give Wedge a call....

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Wayyyyyy off. Basically RB turbos from the factory.

Where did you get this? I already know it's a compound turbo setup so both turbos are not the same

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice numbers!
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    I don't see it unless Terry is able to jack the timing way up. Keep in mind that back end flash is not an option here. Maybe he could give Wedge a call....
    Shouldn't be a problem, remember this is a fresh platform. I'm amazed he already got 50whp from it doing absolutely nothing.

With even 100octane or e85 he'll do 500whp on the same psi. With more psi and timing 550whp looks very doable with supporting mods.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Where did you get this? I already know it's a compound turbo setup so both turbos are not the same
    Its not a compound setup thats what lulz was referring to. Not sure where you read that but they are 2x mono scroll Mitsubishi turbos similar to the N54 setup but bigger sized turbos (similar to what some of the Stage 2 upgraded stock frame N54 turbos offer). TF035 is the size I believe but dont quote me on that.
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast