Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

FBO+Meth+Race Flash Log

Here is a 3rd gear pull on my 6MT 335i with FBo, 80/20 meth at 55 additive, 94 octane (~10% ethanol).

Looks very solid to me and might even be able to up the additive.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Looks good, is peak torque in these cars 3300-4500 rpm ?
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Are you running a DME flash in addition to your JB4?

Log looks good. You may want to try manually setting your FOL lower--you're at the auto-learning floor of 40 and your trims are still sitting at 0 for most of the run. Also, it looks like you left ASC or DSC on during the log. Turn ASC completely off and re-log starting in 3rd gear at <2K RPMs, this will give a better snapshot of your boost response.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by EvanL Click here to enlarge
    Are you running a DME flash in addition to your JB4?

Log looks good. You may want to try manually setting your FOL lower--you're at the auto-learning floor of 40 and your trims are still sitting at 0 for most of the run. Also, it looks like you left ASC or DSC on during the log. Turn ASC completely off and re-log starting in 3rd gear at <2K RPMs, this will give a better snapshot of your boost response.
    This run with a BMS Race flash, isn't the FOL supposed to be at 40 with a backend flash? And this run was with DTC fully off.
    I'm starting to get into the habit of doing datalogs while working with Luke Performance to get a perfect flash. I'll start to post more datalogs, thanks to those who looked at my logs and replied!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by danzio2020 Click here to enlarge
    This run with a BMS Race flash, isn't the FOL supposed to be at 40 with a backend flash? And this run was with DTC fully off.
    Odd that you're still getting small throttle movements with ASC fully off and no apparent overboost.

FOL is set to 40 by default by the JB4 app when running a flash, but I don't believe it is a hard-and-fast rule to run it there. If so, I would expect FUD to be set to 2 by default to keep it from learning up in response to high trims.

Frankly, I'm not sure what trims should look like without running the 3D fuel scalar tables (the BMS E85 flash doesn't use it, not sure about the race flash). I'd highly recommend looking into V8Bait's zip file in the N54 downloads section that has a good primer and examples on using these tables. Either that or have your tuner implement it for you.