Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Quick LOG of WEDGE flash on my 335is DCT

I've been playing with Wedge's flash as some of you know and so far very impressed. The 1/4 mile logs/times will tell all in comparison to running BMS flash for sooo long. Terry has been assisting in these too, btw. Click here to enlarge Here is a quick log in 90 degree heat 3-5 gear.

http://datazap.me/u/mdyates1/e5015de...zoom=1715-1828
    Instagram: mattyates85
    FB: Matt Yates

2013 335iS DCT, Alpine/Saddle

Only JB4/Flash, BMS DP's/DCI/Walbro inline

Best e/t: 11.57 @120 mph

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Throttle closures and timing being pulled.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bad deal dude...
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    it's actually the best wedge log I've ever seen LOL. It doesn't look too bad. there's a couple pretty serious throttle closures at the beginning. Those could really be anything though. I don't see any significant timing pulls. I'd pull a couple more, post a couple more. If the throttle closures continue and in the same place, then it's likely tuning. If not then it could have been anything.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wedge's flash and my flat lining automatic did not get along at all, these logs look 1000x better than mine did
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @myates

This is interesting; trims increase rather than being reduced during RPM climbs ?

Since the JB4 is controlling boost, from what I last gathered, is there any particular reason why the wastesgates are not progressing up top, did Terry comment ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    it's actually the best wedge log I've ever seen LOL. It doesn't look too bad. there's a couple pretty serious throttle closures at the beginning. Those could really be anything though. I don't see any significant timing pulls. I'd pull a couple more, post a couple more. If the throttle closures continue and in the same place, then it's likely tuning. If not then it could have been anything.
    I believe that his timing target is 15*. He starts out hitting 15* in 3rd gear, drops down below 10* and recovers to 12* in 5th gear. That means DME is in a sustained correction of over 5*... and that's just on cylinder #1 .

I guarantee you cylinder 5 is a much uglier baby. Keep in mind that this is on E50, so he is probably well past MBT if the knock sensors are reacting at this point lol.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It has more timing than I'd like and its on the edge with fuel pressure. But, I guess if you want to break records, you have to pull out all the stops. Hope it runs well! Click here to enlarge
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for all the comments and observations. When I run at strip I always put a couple gallons of 100 octane to help with Fp and timing pulls.

Needless to say, everyone knows Terry and I have pushed my IS w/DCT since 800 miles Click here to enlarge and @BuraQ always thought it was reckless, lol But I did achieve 11.5s 1/4 mi on stock IC and CP, etc.

I now have 21,000 miles on stock plugs, coils etc.

I will post more logs with DCT off as I think throttle closure and weird 3rd gear behavior was due to slight traction loss. This was on a concrete part of the highway.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Why don't u quit messing around and go bigger turbo or turbos
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    Because I'm all about working with what I got and reppin it for us stock snail guys, LOL

(might feel different when it comes time to replace them, however)

I would like to go 10.9s on stock turbos and driveline. Might take meth, DR's, line-lock, and LSD though -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by myates Click here to enlarge
    I've been playing with Wedge's flash as some of you know and so far very impressed. The 1/4 mile logs/times will tell all in comparison to running BMS flash for sooo long. Terry has been assisting in these too, btw. Click here to enlarge Here is a quick log in 90 degree heat 3-5 gear.

http://datazap.me/u/mdyates1/e5015de...zoom=1715-1828
    Your LPFP and HPFP pressures are pretty scary. Are you running a supplemental low pressure fuel pump? What fuel are you running for this log? E50? w/ meth? Are you using the 3D fuel scalar?

By the by, you will get a better idea of how your engine is running by starting your logs at a lower speed. Less than 3K RPM in 3rd is best from what I've gathered.

Jealous that you're able to pull that much boost!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    @myates

This is interesting; trims increase rather than being reduced during RPM climbs ?

Since the JB4 is controlling boost, from what I last gathered, is there any particular reason why the wastesgates are not progressing up top, did Terry comment ?
    A little odd that the trims are increasing that much, but Wedge/Ken's 3D scalar will point to part of the reason:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Agreed.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Personally I think it's a little aggressive and I have exactly the same mods, fuel and tranny as OP but as Terry said I think he wants to run it aggressively to break records.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    It has more timing than I'd like and its on the edge with fuel pressure. But, I guess if you want to break records, you have to pull out all the stops. Hope it runs well! Click here to enlarge
    Terry have you told the OP to reduce his PID Gain and Auto Shift Damper settings? Also why is the OL set so high at 95?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sustained timing corrections or is load increasing as he hits higher gears, driving him in higher load column with lower timing targets?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    I believe that his timing target is 15*. He starts out hitting 15* in 3rd gear, drops down below 10* and recovers to 12* in 5th gear. That means DME is in a sustained correction of over 5*... and that's just on cylinder #1 .

I guarantee you cylinder 5 is a much uglier baby. Keep in mind that this is on E50, so he is probably well past MBT if the knock sensors are reacting at this point lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    is it me or wedge never comment on logs of his own flashes. I just hope he fix the flash for ya OP.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Aerotest Click here to enlarge
    Sustained timing corrections or is load increasing as he hits higher gears, driving him in higher load column with lower timing targets?
    Can't say without seeing the timing targets, but I highly doubt it. He's still running a JB4, so DME is not even seeing true load.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    To this day, I still don't understand why people run Wedge flash unless of course they just want a new motor lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good point on the jb4

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    This.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dirty Dog Click here to enlarge
    Personally I think it's a little aggressive and I have exactly the same mods, fuel and tranny as OP but as Terry said I think he wants to run it aggressively to break records.

Terry have you told the OP to reduce his PID Gain and Auto Shift Damper settings? Also why is the OL set so high at 95?
    I would run the defaults there personally.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by myates Click here to enlarge
    Because I'm all about working with what I got and reppin it for us stock snail guys, LOL

(might feel different when it comes time to replace them, however)

I would like to go 10.9s on stock turbos and driveline. Might take meth, DR's, line-lock, and LSD though -
    Respect.

Bigger turbos would increase lag and with the stockers you have a very responsive daily driver which seems to be very fast as well. I'd upgrade the tired stock plugs and remember the maintenance in general.

Wedge does not have one flash, but customizes them for the purpose, so talking about Wedge flash is a bit misleading. I've seen his conservative flashes, but people talk about those which break the records.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I would run the defaults there personally.
    I have only changed these settings under Terry's advisement. My OL has been at 95 w/FUD at 0 meaning its on auto learn however that value has not adjusted like it did prior to Wedge Flash. Wedge responded to my concern stating FUD should be 2 and OL set at 0.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

1 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Lasst time i checked jb4 holds all the stock turb records.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast