Close

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    As this thread has now gone into off topic land like almost every thread on this site:

I still don't understand why a log style manifold will not work perfectly fine on these cars and or why no shop has tried to fab one up. Obviously a casting costs some $$$ but you don't have to have cast to do the same thing. Supras use them and have fine spool and hit high hp. Divided log style manfiold 02 sensors go in right before the merge similar to this:

Attachment 38843

I wonder how the spool would be. You could even use a QSV to help: http://www.spracingforum.com/forums/...illet-on-Supra or http://www.spracingforum.com/forums/...ifold-on-Supra for your reading pleasure.

Thoughts?
    There is nothing wrong with those manifolds and for our power levels will work very well and spool faster than the long runners we are seeing. As Radar said, think of it as fluid, the more space you have the fill the longer it takes to fill it, you want the exhaust to have the shortest path from the valve to the turbine wheel while keeping pulse interference and other factors in mind.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    are the bends not too tight on the bottom mounts? and are they really that much shorter, if the bends are still kept smooth looping around?

plus, don't long runners usually net more top end?
    No, they bends will not be too tight on a properly built manifold, yes you can make them quite a bit shorter. Yes long runners if proper length is used can increase top end, but we are discussing ways to help spool, and 700-850WHP can be supported easily with a short runner manifold

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    No, they bends will not be too tight on a properly built manifold, yes you can make them quite a bit shorter. Yes long runners if proper length is used can increase top end, but we are discussing ways to help spool, and 700-850WHP can be supported easily with a short runner manifold
    mm fair enough

Would be interesting to see a comparison of actual runner length though.. also how it real-world effects the spool/flow.

just all the current bottom mounts i've seen seem to have the pipes go on quite a journey up to above the top of the engine and back down.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    There is nothing wrong with those manifolds and for our power levels will work very well and spool faster than the long runners we are seeing. As Radar said, think of it as fluid, the more space you have the fill the longer it takes to fill it, you want the exhaust to have the shortest path from the valve to the turbine wheel while keeping pulse interference and other factors in mind.
    so log style bottom mount > tubular top mount for spool? and at <800whp, not choking more than the turbine housing either i suppose.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    prob is everyone is so hung up on spool or different kits. plenty of options out there and easy enough to do custom kits as well.

we need to move on to transmission solutions imo.

6mt sure it will work. but we need a way to do a built auto that will allow launching. Lvl 10 might hold up to 700whp but even if it does, doesnt seem you will be able to launch and it will likely have the same issues as the dmfw with false knock from the noise above 700whp
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    prob is everyone is so hung up on spool or different kits. plenty of options out there and easy enough to do custom kits as well.

6mt sure it will work. but we need a way to do a built auto that will allow launching. Lvl 10 might hold up to 700whp but even if it does, doesnt seem you will be able to launch and it will likely have the same issues as the dmfw with false knock from the noise above 700whp
    This is correct. Once someone has a transmission solution that can use a transbrake, a proper stall, and hold up to repeated 700WTQ launches this platform will see some very good ET's, until then the MT guys will have to do their best to 2-step launch and power ship their way into the 10's

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

If you want an auto and just to mash the gas swap in a DCT? It has been documented how to do it.

Otherwise a tranny swap is probably the only solution imo. Hope I am wrong and lvl 10 or someone else comes up with a solution.

Just to show you what a simple cast manifold can do on a similar 3l I6 engine:

Cost? $2800 for 740whp. This is why I say it doesn't make sense. The N54 market is MUCH larger than the supra. But yet they get kits at 1/3 the cost...I understand they have been around for longer but the market is just so much larger...

http://www.fsrmotorsports.com/compon...t-dyno-results

http://fsrmotorsports.com/index.php?...mart&Itemid=87

edit: I apologize to the OP but I didn't go OT first.
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E70 Twin Turbo Diesel JBD

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you want an auto and just to mash the gas swap in a DCT? It has been documented how to do it.
    there is no proof the DCT even built can handle what my car will throw at it ;/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Very true. And a built Gintani DCT is very expensive from what I have heard and has not been proven yet unless I missed something. I'm sure @Sticky will say I am wrong. But then again they couldn't get his SC working at full boost with a DCT.

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The DCT is sick... i was a 6mt guy, i have zero regrets moving to a dct.

I wish sticky's car would hurry the $#@! up, having a proven/actual dct rebuild option would be nice.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very true. And a built Gintani DCT is very expensive from what I have heard and has not been proven yet unless I missed something. I'm sure @Sticky will say I am wrong. But then again they couldn't get his SC working at full boost with a DCT.
    last i heard was 773whp and slipping.. not sure how much wtq. if thats still the case, then it wont do the trick

edit: maybe that was stock dct? either way 550ish tq and slipping. doesnt make me feel warm and fuzzy as my stock 6at doesnt slip until over 600wtq
    Last edited by Ak335i; 06-19-2014 at 08:33 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Way of the road bubs Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    Way of the road bubs Click here to enlarge
    "You need a hobby like mine Bubs."
    "Whats your hobby Ray?"
    "Drinkin."

I'm going to Bangor Maine in a few weeks. I will take a picture at the truck stop.

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    "You need a hobby like mine Bubs."
    "Whats your hobby Ray?"
    "Drinkin."

I'm going to Bangor Maine in a few weeks. I will take a picture at the truck stop.
    Dysart's? On purpose? Why? Lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If that is 'expensive' it definitely is not for you and you have the right platform for your budget.

You of course will be negative but what you don't understand is the m5/m6 use the same basic box. Tuned, they make more torque.

My car slipped on a stock box while setting a record yet to be surpassed which apparently should be easy to do.

Regardless, upgrading a dct is part getrag factory parts and part custom parts with custom tuning. Regardless, the issues are overblown. The hp disparity won't be though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    The DCT is sick... i was a 6mt guy, i have zero regrets moving to a dct.

I wish sticky's car would hurry the $#@! up, having a proven/actual dct rebuild option would be nice.
    I wish somebody else would be a guinea pig. I wish someone else would put in the time. I wish someone else put in the money. I wish the community appreciated it but whatever, it's not supposed to be easy to be the best.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Twin Scroll does help, but will yield much less of a spool increase than a properly built and sized manifold and runners. Everyone is just copying everyone else with these long runner top mount manifolds, either they do not realize or care they are slowing down the exhaust gases and losing spool doing so, but hey they are a work of art right, pretty welds for everyone to see. A bottom mount is the way to for good spool and good power, but people want to bling so they go top mount. Fashion before function as they say
    With all due respect Tony, we started with bottom and top mount kit. Caged and jiged the space we got and started both from there. I believe the difference would have been maybe an inch of difference between each runner length for a bottom vs top. We went for the top as you said, the bling.

Our manifold is very tight and compact, we literally installed the manifold from the top of the car. Cylinders 6-4 first, then 3-1 vbanded, and bolted down. We kept design and flow in mind more than anything. We have great wastegate priority as well as turbo priority. There are no extra unnecessary bends to make it look cool. It is all there because it's needed, we even kept the transition to the larger size runner to a minimum to ensure maximum velocity.

I would really like to give you a ride in this thing man, and let you drive it yourself. It is very responsive, you don't even notice anything. The sounds are nothing but intoxicating. That wastegate opens up and you mean business. Other than that the car is so quiet for a daily driver. Give me a call when you come down LA area.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My favourite part of this manifold is the whole split vbanded thing. I'm guessing it's not common on other platforms because they don't have the stupid slant engine gap to deal with?

i think it's genius.. must make install time a breeze compared to installing it all in one piece.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky2 Click here to enlarge
    If that is 'expensive' it definitely is not for you and you have the right platform for your budget.
    Yup 50k+ for 700 whp is way over my budget and most peoples. If i'm going to drop 50k+ to go fast it's going to get me alot higher than 700whp.

But I understand 50k+ for you is not expensive and you want Gintani to push the platform further and that is cool.

I like what Gintani has been doing.
    Last edited by Torgus; 06-20-2014 at 02:47 PM.

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice to see someone in southern cali selling a turbo kit.. @fastgti69 props!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yup 50k+ for 700 whp is way over my budget and most peoples. If i'm going to drop 50k+ to go fast it's going to get me alot higher than 700whp.

But I understand 50k+ for you is not expensive and you want Gintani to push the platform further and that is cool.

I like what Gintani has been doing.
    And $300k for 1500+ on a Gallardo is too much for mine. It's all relative.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    And $300k for 1500+ on a Gallardo is too much for mine. It's all relative.
    $50k for 700whp is just a big waste of money, regardless. His "budget" has nothing to do with this fact.
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    $50k for 700whp is just a big waste of money, regardless. His "budget" has nothing to do with this fact.
    I don't think anyone has spent $50k for 700 whp so I don't even know where you are getting that from.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    My favourite part of this manifold is the whole split vbanded thing. I'm guessing it's not common on other platforms because they don't have the stupid slant engine gap to deal with?

i think it's genius.. must make install time a breeze compared to installing it all in one piece.
    Thank you sir, the pictures just don't do justice. We're not all into the fancy pictures, with angles and lenses etc lol.
    The manifold is genius, at first I was a little skeptical till we fit it form the top. It was a masterpiece when we installed this on the car. So fast and smooth.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jlcf22 Click here to enlarge
    Nice to see someone in southern cali selling a turbo kit.. @fastgti69 props!!

Thank you sir, if you're local come down and see it yourself!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    fastgti69 2 questions for ya

1. Has this been test fit on an E8x?
    2. Will you offer smaller or different sized turbos? I'm not looking for more than 550-600WHP and can use whatever octane is needed. Spool is of paramount importance to me (not that the provided turbo seems to be spooling poorly!).

EDIT: My bad dude, your original post answers the latter question. I need coffee.
    E88 N54 w stuff
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You kinda jumped the gun, you built the cart before you bought the horses. hopefully you guys will get a solution.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast