Close

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

yup, logs look pretty solid. +30psi is where this turbo is really going to shine. can't wait to see it Click here to enlarge
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    hmm.... OK. WG seemed to be in a runner as opposed to the collector on the other bank.
    You are correct, it is on the runner. It's on the runner after all the merge, we cut it and made sure it was getting all collectors to merge before we chose that specific location for the teardrop WG.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    What are you doing to address your hpfp crashing? Vargas fuel pump upgrade will be a nice idea...

How special is special pricing ? Click here to enlarge lol
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    What are you doing to address your hpfp crashing? Vargas fuel pump upgrade will be a nice idea...

How special is special pricing ? Click here to enlarge lol
    Yes, Vargas fuel pump is on the list as well. I like to test things one at a time to get every bit of information I can for the customers.

Special as can be. Just wait one more day, I hope we can please you guys.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    I hope we can please you guys.
    Hah.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    We understand your point of view fully. We wanted to show you what this kit can make with the least amount of modifications possible on a stock-like car. Making more power is not the hard part. Ensuring the product works flawlessly is more important to us than power.

We offer lifetime warranty on all fabricated parts, (Manifold, Downpipe etc.) and use the highest quality parts and material on the market. Nothing on this kit is shortcut or rushed and includes all parts needed to make your n54 into a monster.

Clutch and meth kit will be here soon for more testing. We have a beta tester coming in a couple weeks ready for 700whp+ setup. More info on that will be released when the time is appropriate.
    Thanks for the reply, I didn't mean to come off as a dick, but it is known it has to be replaced. This kit looks great. I can't wait to see it rev out to 7200 on a high boost map.

Any reason you chose JB4 over Cobb? Will we see pump numbers, pump + meth, E85, etc. in the future?
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E91 Stockish and slow AF

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Looks great and awesome pricing to kick off the party! Congratulations on the official release fastgti69 / Ventura Motorsports Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the reply, I didn't mean to come off as a dick, but it is known it has to be replaced. This kit looks great. I can't wait to see it rev out to 7200 on a high boost map.

Any reason you chose JB4 over Cobb? Will we see pump numbers, pump + meth, E85, etc. in the future?
    No problem at all man, it's all in the business. You can't please everyone! LOL.

We chose JB4 for its consistency and user friendly availability. Pump numbers will not be tested, I don't run more than 12 psi on 91 octane. It feels like a 350whp car at that power level to be honest. I will have more e85 testing as well as pump and meth numbers in the near future.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Kit looks pretty solid, not really understanding the Flywheel issue though, our stage 3 car had the stock Dual Mass flywheel and had no problem revving to redline and making 700+WHP for a few thousand miles with no issues, we actually just pulled the tranny our of that car yesterday to change the clutch, the flywheel looked fine, but we are putting a Spec Steel SM back in it though. I would guess something else is causing the misfire, not the flywheel. For the guy up there who said he cant wait to see 3-4K kits for the N54. So let me get this straight you must want the cheapest of the cheap Chinese junk, because you really cant even get quality parts and a turbo for a kit like this for 3K, let alone the labor time to build it etc. The price point on this kit is in a good range for what you get.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

boohiss still no RHD kit Click here to enlarge... great work @fastgti69! seems you came out with it faster than anyone else at least haha

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 2000max Click here to enlarge
    There is a v-band clamp right before the collector on one bank, does that mean the head flange is two pieces? I guess having it separated makes for an easier install?
    i'm pretty sure the vargas flange was a 2-piece.. seems like a great idea to me to keep it all separate for ease of install, just gotta make sure all the vbands are high quality and tight!
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    i'm pretty sure the vargas flange was a 2-piece.. seems like a great idea to me to keep it all separate for ease of install, just gotta make sure all the vbands are high quality and tight!
    Our DP's are 2 piece not our Manifolds

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Our DP's are 2 piece not our Manifolds
    i thought your flange was 2 piece

not the manifold, just the flange that bolts to the head.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Kit looks pretty solid, not really understanding the Flywheel issue though, our stage 3 car had the stock Dual Mass flywheel and had no problem revving to redline and making 700+WHP for a few thousand miles with no issues, we actually just pulled the tranny our of that car yesterday to change the clutch, the flywheel looked fine, but we are putting a Spec Steel SM back in it though. I would guess something else is causing the misfire, not the flywheel. For the guy up there who said he cant wait to see 3-4K kits for the N54. So let me get this straight you must want the cheapest of the cheap Chinese junk, because you really cant even get quality parts and a turbo for a kit like this for 3K, let alone the labor time to build it etc. The price point on this kit is in a good range for what you get.
    i'm assuming dzenno turned off the knock detection.. the flywheel misfire issue has been well known for a very long time

a DIY kit could be done for probably 3-4k pretty easily... but no way for an off-the-shelf twinscroll one.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

i thought your flange was 2 piece

not the manifold, just the flange that bolts to the head.

i'm assuming dzenno turned off the knock detection.. the flywheel misfire issue has been well known for a very long time

a DIY kit could be done for probably 3-4k pretty easily... but no way for an off-the-shelf twinscroll one.
    As I said, if you spend 3K on a kit you are asking for very poor quality parts and an Ebay turbo, also he did not say DIY, he said when people start offering kits at those price points. That's not reality. I do have to agree with his point that if you are going to spend all the time and money to build and offer a kit, put in a SM flywheel or run it how we did and get the proper results, we all know people like big numbers. Doing a clutch / flywheel install takes 4-6 hours, and would have made a world of difference.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

For the guy up there who said he cant wait to see 3-4K kits for the N54. So let me get this straight you must want the cheapest of the cheap Chinese junk, because you really cant even get quality parts and a turbo for a kit like this for 3K, let alone the labor time to build it etc. The price point on this kit is in a good range for what you get.
    I said USED kits bro. There already is a cheap BNIB N54 twin scroll ST kit for $5,600 new. I'm not about to buy an FFTEC kit for lets say 9k all said and done out the door for a car I paid 15k for a year ago.

The more ST kits out there the better for all of us and the community. There is no reason an N54 ST kit needs to cost considerably more than the equivalent supra kit(as an example). If anything they should be less expensive as there are a TON more N54 ST potential customers. For anyone interested look up Supra kits to get an idea about of what I am talking about.

I said it a year ago and I'll say it again, once affordable and well tested/vetted ST kits hit the market the interest in stock frame upgrades will decrease significantly if not go away altogether. You have to run the $#@! out of the stock frame twins to hit 500whp. On just pump alone you can't hit north of around 460-470whp on upgraded twins. The Supra guys only upgrade stock frames for emission reasons. They all go ST and the N54 should go the same way, I see no reason why it would not. Having a linear power band should be very appealing to many people.

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

They all go ST and the N54 will go the same way.
    They don't all go single turbo and it isn't the same thing. Secondly, twin or single it completely depends on the turbo choices and manifold design. Twins can outperform a single and vice versa. There is no 'single turbo only for performance' rule in existence.

But I mean hey your tone sounds pretty positive and all...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

As I said, if you spend 3K on a kit you are asking for very poor quality parts and an Ebay turbo, also he did not say DIY, he said when people start offering kits at those price points. That's not reality. I do have to agree with his point that if you are going to spend all the time and money to build and offer a kit, put in a SM flywheel or run it how we did and get the proper results, we all know people like big numbers. Doing a clutch / flywheel install takes 4-6 hours, and would have made a world of difference.
    yes, i agree.

Even for a simple log manifold, cheap single scroll.. Would the benefit be there at all? Terrible spool for more top end.. especially when to fuel any reasonable power you're looking at a couple thousand dollars.

and yeah, on the clutch+fw.. i can understand wanting stock clutch stock flywheel results just for comparison, but delaying the release until 'good' results were had wouldn't be a totally bad idea imo.

just for more clarification:

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...rice-reduction

i meant how they're 2 separate flanges 3 cylinders a piece, which makes the splilt manifold possible, which is pretty cool for your product too!

I said USED kits bro. There already is a cheap BNIB N54 twin scroll ST kit for $5,600 new.

The more ST kits out there the better for all of us and the community. There is no reason an N54 ST kit needs to cost considerably more than the equivalent supra kit(as an example). If anything they should be less expensive as there are a TON more N54 ST potential customers. For anyone interested look up Supra kits to get an idea about of what I am talking about.

I said it a year ago and I'll say it again, once affordable and well tested/vetted ST kits hit the market the interest in stock frame upgrades will decrease significantly if not go away altogether. You have to run the $#@! out of the stock frame twins to hit 500whp. On just pump alone you can't hit north of around 460-470whp on upgraded twins. The Supra guys only upgrade stock frames for emission reasons. They all go ST and the N54 should go the same way, I see no reason why it would not. Having a linear power band should be very appealing to many people.
    that makes more sense

and the only thing really raising the price of N54 kits is supply:demand and newness to market.. prices will drop somewhat, eventually.

the stock frame power curve is kinda fun, but also pretty annoying.. impossible to accelerate smoothly when the slightest throttle tap gives you absolutely insane amounts of torque

i agree on the potential market too.. it's a pity it's taken so long for people to clue on that these cars are both affordable and can make extremely nice power, easily+affordably for such a modern car. They're common too, and re: neweness.. less wrecked/blown up too - well, supras have custom billet blocks, but that's a whole 'nother tier of baller ridiculousness haha.

the US market is years ahead of at least the australian market too.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    They don't all go single turbo and it isn't the same thing.
    Ok would you agree most like 90% go ST vs. upgraded twins? Because that is what I was talking about above. The only reason in the supra community to keep the stock frames is for emissions. Now that we have 'affordable' ST kits the same should happen on this platform. It is just the natural evolution as new better options present themselves.

I have no doubt the VTT solution will be very popular, but not as popular as ST kits that are a few thousand less. If I'm wrong call me out in a years time.

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Ok would you agree most like 90% go ST vs. upgraded twins? Because that is what I was talking about above.
    The word 'all' threw me off I guess. If you are talking about going for pure power potential I would say the vast majority go for as big of a single as they can fit. If you look at the guys who do roadcourse racing many stick with twins and that % (which is just a guess) goes down. It depends on application and what you are doing.

Can you make a ton of power with twins? Hell yes you can.

I have no doubt the VTT solution will be very popular, but not as popular as ST kits that are a few thousand less. If I'm wrong call me out in a years time.
    I think there will be merits to each approach. There is no one size fits all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The word 'all' threw me off I guess. If you are talking about going for pure power potential I would say the vast majority go for as big of a single as they can fit. If you look at the guys who do roadcourse racing many stick with twins and that % (which is just a guess) goes down. It depends on application and what you are doing.

Can you make a ton of power with twins? Hell yes you can.

I think there will be merits to each approach. There is no one size fits all.
    i know plenty of people that go a good small ts single for even 500hp. the spool is still good, or better.

yes i know a lot that just high-flow the stock frames too. depends on many factors i guess.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

yes, i agree.

Even for a simple log manifold, cheap single scroll.. Would the benefit be there at all? Terrible spool for more top end.. especially when to fuel any reasonable power you're looking at a couple thousand dollars.

and yeah, on the clutch+fw.. i can understand wanting stock clutch stock flywheel results just for comparison, but delaying the release until 'good' results were had wouldn't be a totally bad idea imo.

just for more clarification:

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...rice-reduction

i meant how they're 2 separate flanges 3 cylinders a piece, which makes the splilt manifold possible, which is pretty cool for your product too!

that makes more sense

and the only thing really raising the price of N54 kits is supply:demand and newness to market.. prices will drop somewhat, eventually.

the stock frame power curve is kinda fun, but also pretty annoying.. impossible to accelerate smoothly when the slightest throttle tap gives you absolutely insane amounts of torque

i agree on the potential market too.. it's a pity it's taken so long for people to clue on that these cars are both affordable and can make extremely nice power, easily+affordably for such a modern car. They're common too, and re: neweness.. less wrecked/blown up too - well, supras have custom billet blocks, but that's a whole 'nother tier of baller ridiculousness haha.

the US market is years ahead of at least the australian market too.
    OHHHH, used kit.. Ok yeah that makes sense.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Kit looks pretty solid, not really understanding the Flywheel issue though, our stage 3 car had the stock Dual Mass flywheel and had no problem revving to redline and making 700+WHP for a few thousand miles with no issues, we actually just pulled the tranny our of that car yesterday to change the clutch, the flywheel looked fine, but we are putting a Spec Steel SM back in it though. I would guess something else is causing the misfire, not the flywheel.
    Thank you very much Tony. I really appreciate your kind words from an experienced point of view. I will look into the spark plugs and coils one more time then just to make sure.

To all that have been wondering about the clutch and flywheel. Neither time or money was the problem with this kit. These are the real world results we wanted. We were not looking to hit a world record, just making sure out kit is consistent with power as all others.

RPM vs RPM with all other kits, we are on par in that power level. All the dynos Terry has done with his testing on FFTEC kits is the same dyno we used. You can go see it for yourself to justify what I am talking about.

Clutch and flywheel have been ordered, we will have this resolved shortly. Thank you all for the patience, it hasn't been easy.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

i know plenty of people that go a good small ts single for even 500hp. the spool is still good, or better.

yes i know a lot that just high-flow the stock frames too. depends on many factors i guess.
    Yup they do that often. Ditch the stock twins and go with a small ST. My buddy was putting down around 475 and switched to a single and is only at 550 or so. Car is a BLAST to drive. And when the cost to do this is 3k or so for a full kit, why not. This is why I think stock frame upgrades will quickly become a thing of the past.

As far as the linear power band it's a huge plus. The N54 is fun with gobs of low end tq but as you said it's semi hard to predict sometimes. On a track the linear power should be much more welcomed. Even autoX I don't think I would prefer the stock twins.

I made a post on here before with examples but there is no reason a cast twin scroll manifold would not work great for us.

Now that STs are coming out and we have the VTT fueling fix all we need now is a way to safely rev the head out to 9k and it's game over.

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

0 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    it makes 400ft lbs by 3750rpms with only 24psi. I'd say that's very good spool for an 800HP turbo
    Then you're gonna LOVE what's coming Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yup they do that often. Ditch the stock twins and go with a small ST. My buddy was putting down around 475 and switched to a single and is only at 550 or so. Car is a BLAST to drive. And when the cost to do this is 3k or so for a full kit, why not. This is why I think stock frame upgrades will quickly become a thing of the past.

As far as the linear power band it's a huge plus. The N54 is fun with gobs of low end tq but as you said it's semi hard to predict sometimes. On a track the linear power should be much more welcomed. Even autoX I don't think I would prefer the stock twins.

I made a post on here before with examples but there is no reason a cast twin scroll manifold would not work great for us.

Now that STs are coming out and we have the VTT fueling fix all we need now is a way to safely rev the head out to 9k and it's game over.
    try telling that to some guys on 1addicts LOL.. apparently a 700hp N54 is 'ruining the car' or 'going to cause lots of issues'... when the reality is, it's gentler than a 5xxwhp stock frame one in every way possible, and will be easier to drive, and easier to drive faster..
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

try telling that to some guys on 1addicts LOL.. apparently a 700hp N54 is 'ruining the car' or 'going to cause lots of issues'... when the reality is, it's gentler than a 5xxwhp stock frame one in every way possible, and will be easier to drive, and easier to drive faster..
    This is a fact there is nothing gentle about a car making 620WTQ by around 3500, the only word to describe it is violent, I can't even let anyone else drive the car unless I know they can handle it, they will put it into the curb in a hurry, a slightly slower spooling turbo is much easier on parts. I honestly do not think stock frames are going anywhere, a set of stages ones sets you back $1700 bucks and will make a reliable 475WHP on pump and meth, and more on straight E85 with a HPFP upgrade, while keeping stock spool is hard to beat. But the number of bigger turbo cars is going to go up that's for sure.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast