Close

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

A new contender enters - Introducing the Ventura Motorsports E9X N54 top mount single turbo kit - Comp 6465 turbo shows 593 wheel horsepower

The N54 turbo upgrade game continues to get more contenders vying for the throne and the newest challenger is from Ventura Motorsports. This is a top mount single turbo kit and the pictured and dyno'd kit below is using a Comp 6465 turbocharger. The manifold is a T4 Twin Scroll with a three inch Vband two piece downpipe that bolts onto the stock location. The price? $6,899.99 which certainly places it among its direct competitors.

Click here to enlarge

What you get for that $6,899.99 is the following:

- T4 Twin Scroll Manifold
    - 3" Vband Two Piece Downpipe Split to bolt onto stock location.
    - Coolant/Power Steering Reservoir relocate bracket, wires, hoses.
    - Turbo to intercooler chargepipe, all silicone hoses and clamps.
    - 4" K&N Filter
    - Turbo Blanket
    - MAC Solenoid with AN fittings/lines to guarantee no boost leaks.
    - Billet CNC Coolant outlet, with new hose for water pump.
    - All oil feed/drains and plugs with shielded hoses.
    - Twin Tial MVS wastegates with all springs and external dump Tubing.
    - Comp CT4X Turbo of your choice, Billet wheel, triple ball bearing. (Call for specifications or other turbo inquiries)

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

The turbo kit includes everything necessary and tuning is recommended with a BMS JB4 and the BimmerBoost.com Flash Software. So let's take a look at an example using a Comp Turbo 6465 turbocharger.

Specs:

VM Top mount twin scroll kit
    Comp 6465 .84AR 3" Catless downpipe Tial Blow off valve
    VRSF 7" intercooler and charge pipe
    JB4 G5 With Bimmerboost Flash
    255 Inline pump23-4 psi on Ms109

Could not rev to redline because we are using a stock car for testing and causes misfire due to dual mass flywheel. Stock clutch and Stock exhaust with secondary cats, resonator, and mufflers all in place.

Result? 593 wheel horsepower and 540 lb-ft of torque at the wheels on a Dynojet in STD correction. Not to mention 90 degree weather. The N54 turbo upgrade market continues to get more competitive. Who benefits? You do: http://www.vmotorsports.com/turbo-ki...turbo-kit.html

Click here to enlarge
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Whoa nelly.......

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Well I was saving money till I saw this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    nice to have another option for the n54.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Awesome! Great pricing also!
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nice now let's see what PTF brings to the table, the price is pretty good I wonder how much more it will be to get this with a Garrett turbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Nice. Click here to enlarge

At least I know what to do now if my turbos ever give up on me. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

very nice spool on this. I'd like to know what psi this dyno was at. I'd expect a little more HP out of this turbo.
    2011 335is DCT, moving to Italy, looking for new car friends Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

They cut the run a little short, probably due to the stock clutch/fw. It would break 600whp NP though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    very nice spool on this. I'd like to know what psi this dyno was at. I'd expect a little more HP out of this turbo.
    Looks like the OP says ~24psi on MS109. If they could rev it out to 7Krpms it would probably pick up some power. I'm not a huge fan of that spool though, to be completely honest.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There is a v-band clamp right before the collector on one bank, does that mean the head flange is two pieces? I guess having it separated makes for an easier install?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    it makes 400ft lbs by 3750rpms with only 24psi. I'd say that's very good spool for an 800HP turbo

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    Looks like the OP says ~24psi on MS109. If they could rev it out to 7Krpms it would probably pick up some power. I'm not a huge fan of that spool though, to be completely honest.
    2011 335is DCT, moving to Italy, looking for new car friends Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm not a fan of the placement of the far left WG but whatevs. Still looks like a solid kit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

3 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Lets develop a kit on a car not able to handle the power or rev out to redline. WTF. You can pay to dev a kit but not $1300 for a clutch and flywheel?

This is great and I love more and more ST options are out there and coming out and I can't wait to see used kits in the 3-4k price range. 4k used kit and I can hit 600whp or more? Awesome.

But come on spend a little more time and money and make some real awesome numbers and do a proper release. The fact they rushed this and refused to install the necessary components that they even list on their website makes me not want to be a 1st adopter.
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E70 Twin Turbo Diesel JBD

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Congrats on your release man, hope you get that clutch and flywheel soon! And damn man...clean off your damn work bench! That's a damn important picture!
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 2000max Click here to enlarge
    There is a v-band clamp right before the collector on one bank, does that mean the head flange is two pieces? I guess having it separated makes for an easier install?
    Yeah, he told me this before, two piece manifold for ease of install
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    is this the one that popped up on ebay not too long ago? it was much cheaper there too i believe, if it was the same kit.
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    is this the one that popped up on ebay not too long ago? it was much cheaper there too i believe, if it was the same kit.
    No.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Me likey Click here to enlarge
    BSM 2008 135i N54
    -VRSF 7" IC -VRSF DP's -n55 mids -BERK race -ER CP -TIAL BOV -BMS DCI -JB4 G5 ISO -ST coils -STOPTECH slotted rotors & pads -SLeK lip

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

ok nevermind my question then, this kit looks great for the price.. missed the brand sorry so this is fastgti 's kit .... nice
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    ok nevermind my question then, this kit looks great for the price.. missed the brand sorry so this is @fastgti 's kit .... nice
    Yes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Thank you all for the support and the kind words. We will be releasing a group buy shortly with special pricing as well. More testing will follow very soon on other vehicles for fitment, as well as more power.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    It is on par with all other kits in terms of power with similar sized turbo and fueling. Spool will always be an issue when going to bigger sized turbos like this. We are using a bigger exhaust housing AR than most would consider but it is not too large.

Low end torque is great and starts off about 1k rpm sooner than other kits with similar sized turbo. Spool can be maximized with better exhaust as well. Here is the log from the dyno run, 5th gear.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 2000max Click here to enlarge
    Yes, the head flange is two pieces. The separated manifold makes for a very easy install. We installed the turbo kit on the car with all suspension and subframe bolted up. The manifold was easy install from the top of the car, took us 2 hours to install the full kit with only a jack.

We made this easier for people that like to DIY, and do not have a lift. This kit can be installed at home in a garage, with an experienced mechanic of course.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    I'm not a fan of the placement of the far left WG but whatevs. Still looks like a solid kit.
    Boost control has not been an issue at all, wastegate priority is very high as it is in the line of flow after all the merges. It looks a little off due to the tight spacing and o2 sensor placement. We have not had any issues with o2 sensor burning, nor tuning and boosting.

First day off the lot with e40 mix testing:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Lets develop a kit on a car not able to handle the power or rev out to redline. WTF. You can pay to dev a kit but not $1300 for a clutch and flywheel?

This is great and I love more and more ST options are out there and coming out and I can't wait to see used kits in the 3-4k price range. 4k used kit and I can hit 600whp or more? Awesome.

But come on spend a little more time and money and make some real awesome numbers and do a proper release. The fact they rushed this and refused to install the necessary components that they even list on their website makes me not want to be a 1st adopter.
    We understand your point of view fully. We wanted to show you what this kit can make with the least amount of modifications possible on a stock-like car. Making more power is not the hard part. Ensuring the product works flawlessly is more important to us than power.

We offer lifetime warranty on all fabricated parts, (Manifold, Downpipe etc.) and use the highest quality parts and material on the market. Nothing on this kit is shortcut or rushed and includes all parts needed to make your n54 into a monster.

Clutch and meth kit will be here soon for more testing. We have a beta tester coming in a couple weeks ready for 700whp+ setup. More info on that will be released when the time is appropriate.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge

Boost control has not been an issue at all, wastegate priority is very high as it is in the line of flow after all the merges. It looks a little off due to the tight spacing and o2 sensor placement. We have not had any issues with o2 sensor burning, nor tuning and boosting.
    hmm.... OK. WG seemed to be in a runner as opposed to the collector on the other bank.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    It is on par with all other kits in terms of power with similar sized turbo and fueling. Spool will always be an issue when going to bigger sized turbos like this. We are using a bigger exhaust housing AR than most would consider but it is not too large.

Low end torque is great and starts off about 1k rpm sooner than other kits with similar sized turbo. Spool can be maximized with better exhaust as well. Here is the log from the dyno run, 5th gear.

Click here to enlarge

Yes, the head flange is two pieces. The separated manifold makes for a very easy install. We installed the turbo kit on the car with all suspension and subframe bolted up. The manifold was easy install from the top of the car, took us 2 hours to install the full kit with only a jack.

We made this easier for people that like to DIY, and do not have a lift. This kit can be installed at home in a garage, with an experienced mechanic of course.

First day off the lot with e40 mix testing:

Click here to enlarge

We understand your point of view fully. We wanted to show you what this kit can make with the least amount of modifications possible on a stock-like car. Making more power is not the hard part. Ensuring the product works flawlessly is more important to us than power.

We offer lifetime warranty on all fabricated parts, (Manifold, Downpipe etc.) and use the highest quality parts and material on the market. Nothing on this kit is shortcut or rushed and includes all parts needed to make your n54 into a monster.

Clutch and meth kit will be here soon for more testing. We have a beta tester coming in a couple weeks ready for 700whp+ setup. More info on that will be released when the time is appropriate.
    very nice work and super impressed with install time. That's good sh*t!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast