Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think getting a 335i with a single turbo to run decent times is going to be a lot harder than people think. Majority will run the same quarter mile times as stock and rb turbo cars, but trap 500 miles per hour higher lol. This is specifically directed at big single 6at cars. Needs a higher stall to go anywhere without having massive lag delay once leaving the line on the factory stall.
    2008 e92 335i: JB4 G5 ISO/BMS back end flash, fbo, e85, inlets, Rb turbos, level 10 valve body + converter, water/methanol.....and a lot more....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    $#@!in right! Nice!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by aflatau Click here to enlarge
    R1 for sure, we are gonna re-run this weekend. I am at 7xx wheel.
    Yikes! Don't want to see you on the highway... Pretty much stock M3... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This should be common knowledge on this forum. You don't have to be a 9 second car to run with 9 seconds cars on the highway. Trap speed, trap speed, trap speed, trap speed, trap speed.

Plus in this case especially aerodynamics.
    Good point... I never really thought like that. I had a friend with a high 8s car - trapping insane numbers. Point being, it's (was) a drag car - and was made to launch. Totally different from a good handling sedan/coupe that does everything pretty good.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Drag on the bike shouldn't be much higher than on the car - depends on the car/bike in question of course.. but triple the coefficient on the bike is pretty much offset by 1/3 the surface area, as long as the rider is fully tucked in.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    Good point... I never really thought like that. I had a friend with a high 8s car - trapping insane numbers. Point being, it's (was) a drag car - and was made to launch. Totally different from a good handling sedan/coupe that does everything pretty good.
    yeah you can have some insanely quick cars with low traps, just look at how good the light weight AWD cars do, or even some older mustangs and stuff that trap relatively low but run 9's easily.

but from a roll... not hard to get a much slower car 'faster'.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good stuff man, had a chance to run any S/C DCT M3's yet?
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow, this is moving. Great job. Love that it's a sedan too, it's perfect. Sounds like it spools pretty quick too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very impressive man!!!
    Makes me reconsider wanting to switch to a 997tt...
    Click here to enlarge
    JB4/MHD | Alpina | Level10 VB | RB EVOs | RPI Quad Exhaust | AR DP's
    100% E85 | Port Injection | Fuel-It Stg 3 | DIY FMIC | ER CP W/Synapse BOV
    Best ET: 10.9 | Best MPH 133.4
    Fuel by Fuel-it! - http://www.fuel-it.biz/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    that the 335i isn't blown away by a modded r1 - dig or roll - is just mental
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm lost here. So what you're saying is this 335 traps deep 140's low 150's which I doubt? That or these riders are completely weak. The R1 rider sucks completely no matter what. I've seen R1's with less work that could easily outrun everything in this video. A true car would need to trap 150's and up in order to compete with liter bikes. Regardless of power, if you trap 150+ you're liter bike territory. Good rider, $#@!ty rider, it does not matter.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by StinkyM Click here to enlarge
    I'm lost here. So what you're saying is this 335 traps deep 140's low 150's which I doubt?
    No it doesn't but a bike isn't going to benefit from its power to weight above 100 mph as much as it does from under that speed due to the drag from the air. So even though the bike traps high its performance drops off as speed rises to a greater degree than a car which is more aerodynamic.

That or these riders are completely weak. The R1 rider sucks completely no matter what.
    What happened, happened. People are always making some kind of excuse.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No it doesn't but a bike isn't going to benefit from its power to weight above 100 mph as much as it does from under that speed due to the drag from the air. So even though the bike traps high its performance drops off as speed rises to a greater degree than a car which is more aerodynamic.
    yeah i know first hand how much drag bikes get on the freeway. plus you can see the r1 rider in this race really workin it lol and it was probably windy outside, that makes a gigantic difference
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    Drag on the bike shouldn't be much higher than on the car - depends on the car/bike in question of course.. but triple the coefficient on the bike is pretty much offset by 1/3 the surface area, as long as the rider is fully tucked in.

yeah you can have some insanely quick cars with low traps, just look at how good the light weight AWD cars do, or even some older mustangs and stuff that trap relatively low but run 9's easily.

but from a roll... not hard to get a much slower car 'faster'.
    According to http://www.schultzengineering.us/aero.htm drag coefficient on a modern bike is 0.6 and for a BMW coupe around 0.28+0.3 so there is a huge disadvantage for the bike at speeds.
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm lost here. So what you're saying is this 335 traps deep 140's low 150's which I doubt? That or these riders are completely weak. The R1 rider sucks completely no matter what. I've seen R1's with less work that could easily outrun everything in this video. A true car would need to trap 150's and up in order to compete with liter bikes. Regardless of power, if you trap 150+ you're liter bike territory. Good rider, $#@!ty rider, it does not matter.
    +1, also bikes are much harder to launch in 1/4 mile and like roll racing better, their 1/4 times are deceptively slow as a result compared to HP/weight. Now over longer distances and say above 1/4 mile trap speed, aero drag will slowly begin to favor the car. This is more like what usually happens Veryon vs s1000rr

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

What happened, happened. People are always making some kind of excuse.
    regardless of drag a liter bike pulls hard as hell. Believe me when I say it takes a good 150+ mph trap car to take down a bolt on liter bike in a roll race. I recently ran a gt 500, built with a tvs, and he and I were even, or would have been had some issues not occurred. His car made 897 last week on a dyno jet in shoot out. A well ridden liter bikes moves beyond some peoples imagination. I ran an ess 625 car and gave him the hit the other day and just utterly smashed on him. He trapped 129. My bike will pull it's ass off until 175-180 and then the speed slowly tapers off until 192-193 where it's not moving any faster.
    Honda CBR 1000RR, Superbike Supply, Arrow, HRC, BMC, Lee's Cycle, Galfer, EBC, Revzilla, AXO, Dainese, Scorpion Helmets

Honda Grom, most fun you'll ever have on 2 wheels.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    regardless of drag a liter bike pulls hard as hell. Believe me when I say it takes a good 150+ mph trap car to take down a bolt on liter bike in a roll race. I recently ran a gt 500, built with a tvs, and he and I were even, or would have been had some issues not occurred. His car made 897 last week on a dyno jet in shoot out. A well ridden liter bikes moves beyond some peoples imagination. I ran an ess 625 car and gave him the hit the other day and just utterly smashed on him. He trapped 129. My bike will pull it's ass off until 175-180 and then the speed slowly tapers off until 192-193 where it's not moving any faster.

Cool story bro

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

that car prob did not trap over 150, yet it seems to pull all the bikes no problem on the top end. wat?
    2008 e92 335i: JB4 G5 ISO/BMS back end flash, fbo, e85, inlets, Rb turbos, level 10 valve body + converter, water/methanol.....and a lot more....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    According to http://www.schultzengineering.us/aero.htm drag coefficient on a modern bike is 0.6 and for a BMW coupe around 0.28+0.3 so there is a huge disadvantage for the bike at speeds.

huge disadvantage for the car*

if the coefficient of drag is only double when the surface area is 1/3 or less, the advantage is vastly in the bikes favour :/

and if you look down that link, some bikes are in the 0.3x range!

and remember, F1 cars are .7-1.1, but because they have next to no surface area along with vast power+high redline, they still have great high speed acceleration and top speed.
    Last edited by Flinchy; 06-11-2014 at 06:06 PM.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Good work @aflatau

It can be argued all week but at the end of the day props to op as he I and are the only single turbo people consistently posting race videos. And we are both custom kits. Go figure lol

Keep it up adam
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by aflatau Click here to enlarge
    Cool story bro
    Where are you located? I'll run you if you're within a decent distance.
    Honda CBR 1000RR, Superbike Supply, Arrow, HRC, BMC, Lee's Cycle, Galfer, EBC, Revzilla, AXO, Dainese, Scorpion Helmets

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    but at the end of the day props to op as he I and are the only single turbo people consistently posting race videos.
    Very true.

Everyone else just sits back and says, 'oh that was weak oh those bikes are weak oh you couldn't beat this or that or a mythical dragon' and don't do anything themselves.

Guy beat the bikes he raced. Let's see some other N54's race some liter bikes with 'bad' riders and see how they fare.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very true.

Everyone else just sits back and says, 'oh that was weak oh those bikes are weak oh you couldn't beat this or that or a mythical dragon' and don't do anything themselves.

Guy beat the bikes he raced. Let's see some other N54's race some liter bikes with 'bad' riders and see how they fare.
    Here's the problem. Most fast cars will not run bikes with good riders. Me, prime example, last weekend was at a meet where I in person asked Spoolbus to run. He said once again he does not like to race bikes. I then asked the ESS car to run, he wouldn't run me, sat around for an hour and then it started drizzling, well I decided to roll out when he did just to attempt to get a run in, I asked a monte to run he said he would but never got in contact, I asked the Turbo Shu for a run, he left after he saw the first signs of rain and when it cleared up never came back, I've asked so many people to run and it's always something.

Point being, they will only run the ones that have zero experience, or the ones with broke dick riding skills. They will not challenge the ones who have a clue. I've asked countless amounts of people to fun runs and same answer every time.

**** Isn't there a single turbo fast one down in Houston? Someone set that race up for me on July 4th weekend.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here's the problem. Most fast cars will not run bikes with good riders. Me, prime example, last weekend was at a meet where I in person asked Spoolbus to run. He said once again he does not like to race bikes. I then asked the ESS car to run, he wouldn't run me, sat around for an hour and then it started drizzling, well I decided to roll out when he did just to attempt to get a run in, I asked a monte to run he said he would but never got in contact, I asked the Turbo Shu for a run, he left after he saw the first signs of rain and when it cleared up never came back, I've asked so many people to run and it's always something.

Point being, they will only run the ones that have zero experience, or the ones with broke dick riding skills. They will not challenge the ones who have a clue. I've asked countless amounts of people to fun runs and same answer every time.

**** Isn't there a single turbo fast one down in Houston? Someone set that race up for me on July 4th weekend.

I feel you man.

You have as much a chance of getting a st n54 to run you as I do getting a sc'd e9x M3 to run me. Lolol
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    I feel you man.

You have as much a chance of getting a st n54 to run you as I do getting a sc'd e9x M3 to run me. Lolol
    That's a real $#@!ty deal. I'm already giving up on trying.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast