Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Can bimmerboostflash read S65?

Title, can the BBF software do a dump of the ECU?
    What modifications to flashing software are expected aside from table identification? I suppose the selective write process won't work out of the box without the table offsets being coded.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

In theory, yes. It should be able to read almost everything from the E46 M3 on. If we had a development budget we could change the game...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Well.... Someone shoot me a dump.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

I wish. I reallllly wish. The locked-down tuner market is what is holding this platform back. A lot of the shops don't even do their own tuning. They all use the same master/slave cable system too; they just add their own logo to the cable and to the software splash screen.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    I wish. I reallllly wish. The locked-down tuner market is what is holding this platform back. A lot of the shops don't even do their own tuning. They all use the same master/slave cable system too; they just add their own logo to the cable and to the software splash screen.
    You are not wrong at all. Welcome to the tuning game.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

The bimmerboost software, as in the one currently used on the N54 will ONLY work with MSD80/1 DME's. Nothing more. It has a lot of the structure to work with other cables and could be expanded to work with other DME's, but there is currently zero code which would allow it to work with anything outside of the above mentioned DME(s).

The read(dump) process is very specific to the MSD80/1 and although BMW/Siemens may use a similar strategy for the other BMW playforms, it would need specific coding. This specific coding requires inside knowledge. This inside knowledge requires money. A good chunk. The write process to the MSD80/1 is actually a hack/glitch which BMW could patch up but never has.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/