Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

A "little" help.

I have a 2003, m3. It has a drop in KN, Supersprint headers, some kind of free flowing x pipe, and, supersprint exhaust. No tune. Thank god the suspension is dialed in with coilovers, sway / strut bars/ corner balanced, with good tires.

I am looking into building it up. Either, N/A, vs. turbo/supercharger. Maybe both, finances are obviously in the mix otherwise. I'm not looking to have the best of the best = just the best bang for buck. I just want something that preserves the engine, as it is obviously old, and, makes it even more fun to drive.

So, I don't want to cause arguments. But, B/c of price, I'm leaning towards a supercharger vs. turbo. Can anywone steer me towards a thread that can help me make a decision on turbo vs. supercharger & N/A vs. Forced Induction. Finally, I hate to start a fight, but the most RELIABLE SC that that can be had for a decent price?

Thanks All,

What a sick forum!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Thanks "AA". I should probably revert back to my old tag as Encinitas. I was an alcholic jerk at that time. Since then. I lost my life. Went from an n54 FBO to a S54. I'm a newb with this motor - I love it though. Its very different. Extremely different. I'm counting on it being more reliable.

I'll go back to Encinitas if you want Sticky. I just don't want grudges from past interactions.

I can always drop the forum, but, it was by far my favorite. Hello to alpinedevil and Terry. I went through a bad divorce. I'm back and rehabbed. Anyway. I'm in Bellingham washington now. The gas is better than CA, and the emission police aren't employed. Love you guys. I'll ask Sticky to change my name back so you can all see my idiotic messages from a few years ago. For the record, I have nothing to prove when I ask a question. I just ask because everyone here knows more. Respectfully....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Um I vaguely remember the screen name but I'm not going to hold anything against you. I don't understand why you switched names?

It's fine man don't even worry about that past stuff it seems to be that you are dwelling on it. If you didn't mention it I doubt anybody would have noticed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Anyway, back to the car topic it is all budget dependent. If you want big gains it is going to have to come with boost.

Active Autowerke has really cost effective supercharger options for your car. @Andrew@activeautowerke can help you out.

You certainly can go turbo but it's going to take a lot more money.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No problem. I $#@! and I wipe my own ass. JK. I $#@! and people clean my own ass and I'm in debt...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That post was for people that have not cared.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

LOL you're fine man it's all good.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I love this site. Truly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

It has its moments.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Hi,

We have a new low cost supercharger available now. Check out our Prima kit http://store.activeautowerke.com/act...r-kit-p42.aspx

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sticky, please change my name back to "Encinitas". I'll own my bad forum past.

Hello's to AlpineDevil and Terry, AlpineD - I'm doing so much better than when you saw me last.

Best wishes to you and your family bro!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

At Active, I'm not looking to overheat my S54. I think Your baseline model would lead to that on track time. I'm taking lessons and I don't want to go a few laps and then sit out till it cools down. No doubt, you make stuff that is great for drag racing. I'm interested in the new Evolve SC kit. How does your's compare to their prototype seen elsewhere?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey man, Hope all is good in the N54 you have!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok, back to cars.

I've read enough to know that superchargers mess up s54's - sooner or later. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe low PSI, super cooled IAT's, Eat's, and, just "small upgrades in PSI cover a safe tune.

I just don't like the idea of a supercharger running with NO intercooler. Then there is the issue of a air to water intercooler VS. vs. an air to air intercooler. Plus where it's' located etc.

I'm leaning towards a N/A car that is built. Why? hopefully more reliable and true to desired intention.

I'm glad we have options though, that is awesome. I look forward to more N/A builds, and, their trackability and reliability vs. FI.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

True power is easy to come by. Buy a supercharger and you get a "B". Buy a one off turbo with an awesome tune and you get an "A". Where does price figure in? Drivability?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cooling seems to be the biggest issue with e46 superchargers on the track.

Evolve seems tight. The rest of you guys seem about the same. Numbers talk, so release them please. Otherwise, I'm going to stick with N/A. Chow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

So do you want to change the name of the other account then so you can have the name back? You could just log in with that name.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sure, That sounds good. I don't really give a rat's rear. I have a few friends on here still Click here to enlarge My old stuff is just that "old". Oh well if people don't like me. I've been through hell and just want friends here again that appreciate cars like I do.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Please send me my old sign in and password. Forgive me, I've misplaced them. Thanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

You don't have access to your old e-mail account? I can send you a reset if you want.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Please do. / Thanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PNWM3 Click here to enlarge
    Please do. / Thanks.
    Send to this address:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for posting my email for everyone. Is this a sort of "payback"? I'm gonna have to delete that email addy. Thanks bro. You just set me up for all kinds of spam.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd rather have a rattlesnake on my nuts, one fang in each testicle, than $#@! with you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast