Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 70 of 70
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,422
    Rep Points
    32,103.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Have you dyno'd with this setup?
    Search: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...4958#post14958

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,320
    Rep Points
    1,955.5
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Well done Mikewads. You are a pioneer in my books.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,462
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    yes but thats with the VT1 is it not? i mean as is currently VT2 setup/N20

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,422
    Rep Points
    32,103.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    yes but thats with the VT1 is it not? i mean as is currently VT2 setup/N20
    Yes, that was with his previous setup. He said he lowered the boost so I don't know how the power numbers changed.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,173
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    these kind of threads are making me want to pick a 4 door with a dct trans for the RAPE.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    130
    Rep Points
    215.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Have you dyno'd with this setup?
    Not yet. Hope to soon.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    Well done Mikewads. You are a pioneer in my books.
    Thanks! Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yes, that was with his previous setup. He said he lowered the boost so I don't know how the power numbers changed.
    The VT2 is intercooled while the VT1 system is not which has increased power output. Sometimes I only see a 25 degree difference from the ambient temperature during this time of year. My current ESS tune is leaner than their standard supercharger tune which has also enabled me to make more power at lower boost levels.
    09 Alpine White E92 M-DCT / ESS VT2 Supercharger w/ NITROUS / Borla Race Exhaust
    10.87 @ 131 mph in the 1/4 Mile
    60-130 MPH in 6.23 secs (Nitrous)
    60-130 MPH in 6.87 secs (Boost only @ 7.5psi)

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,422
    Rep Points
    32,103.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mikewads Click here to enlarge
    My current ESS tune is leaner than their standard supercharger tune which has also enabled me to make more power at lower boost levels.
    Interesting, did you ask to lean it out?

    Yes with it inter-cooled that makes sense but the boost is the same or lower than when you had the VT1? I'm still trying to figure out why with it intercooled you didn't do the reverse and go up vs. down.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,462
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    so VT1 Vs VT2 only difference is intercooled, no s/c change?

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    130
    Rep Points
    215.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Interesting, did you ask to lean it out?

    Yes with it inter-cooled that makes sense but the boost is the same or lower than when you had the VT1? I'm still trying to figure out why with it intercooled you didn't do the reverse and go up vs. down.
    My boost level with the VT1 was 5.5 psi and is currently 6-6.5 psi with the intercooled setup.

    I will go ahead and try to explain the situation instead of making a new thread. Ever since I got the VT2-625 kit I have had a problem with the ECU cutting fuel to the injectors at the higher boost level (7.5 psi). This happens during the DCT shift at max RPM. When I lower the boost to 6-6.5 psi the problem seems to go away. It's just my car with this problem since no other VT2-600 & 625 owners have reported this issue. The current thought is that I may have a couple of weak coils, but I have not been able to verify that yet. One of the things AJ and I tried was to lean out the fuel some hoping that it would be easier for the coil to fire. It did not resolve my issue, but it made a good increase in power which has enabled me to run lower boost and still make the power of the higher boost pulleys.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    so VT1 Vs VT2 only difference is intercooled, no s/c change?
    VT2 has more boost (smaller pulley) and is intercooled. Same supercharger.
    09 Alpine White E92 M-DCT / ESS VT2 Supercharger w/ NITROUS / Borla Race Exhaust
    10.87 @ 131 mph in the 1/4 Mile
    60-130 MPH in 6.23 secs (Nitrous)
    60-130 MPH in 6.87 secs (Boost only @ 7.5psi)

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,422
    Rep Points
    32,103.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mikewads Click here to enlarge
    I will go ahead and try to explain the situation instead of making a new thread. Ever since I got the VT2-625 kit I have had a problem with the ECU cutting fuel to the injectors at the higher boost level (7.5 psi).
    I have actually been aware of this for a bit. It isn't just you and it seems to be relegated to the higher boost ESS kits, at least from what I have heard and I believe my source to be reliable. Hopefully he will post and confirm.

    Looking forward to you resolving this though, confirming it is the coils first is vital.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    610
    Rep Points
    343.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    This is what I love about Mike, he explains why his car is making more power with less boost, and he delivers excellent results for our platform, he also for the most part stays out of the BS and is very objective/neutral when asked about it. I'm a big fan of him and his results. There is nothing wrong with keeping the boost low and making power in other ways, each tuner has their own philosophy.

    Mike, I will say, and I'm not saying this to take a stab, but other ESS owners at higher boost levels have posted the same type of thing, on this forum and others, fuel cut off or misfiring, etc. PG has had it, per had it, as well as another car he mentioned, a car in South Africa, M33 said he had it, although he said it was a bad coil, and you, all with boost around or more than 7.5psi.

    ESS prototype cars ran 8-9psi in early dyno's, so obviously they are able to run higher boost levels with no problems. I had a misfire / fuel cut off problem when I first got my kit, but ironically it turned out to be bad gas, lol.
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,422
    Rep Points
    32,103.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DLSJ5 Click here to enlarge
    Mike, I will say, and I'm not saying this to take a stab, but other ESS owners at higher boost levels have posted the same type of thing, on this forum and others, fuel cut off or misfiring, etc. PG has had it, per had it, as well as another car he mentioned, a car in South Africa, M33 said he had it, although he said it was a bad coil, and you, all with boost around or more than 7.5psi.
    Yep, and agreed.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DLSJ5 Click here to enlarge
    ESS prototype cars ran 8-9psi in early dyno's, so obviously they are able to run higher boost levels with no problems.
    That does not necessarily mean with no problems whatsoever, there could have been issues and that could also imply why boost was turned down.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,320
    Rep Points
    1,955.5
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yep, and agreed.



    That does not necessarily mean with no problems whatsoever, there could have been issues and that could also imply why boost was turned down.
    Torque limitation in software? I would be surprised if it was that. I know there was a similar problem locally that Xcede managed to tune out.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,422
    Rep Points
    32,103.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    Torque limitation in software? I would be surprised if it was that. I know there was a similar problem locally that Xcede managed to tune out.
    I'm just saying a dyno at a certain boost level does not mean that boost level is without issues necessarily.

    I don't think torque limits are the issue, I don't know.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    130
    Rep Points
    215.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'm just saying a dyno at a certain boost level does not mean that boost level is without issues necessarily.

    I don't think torque limits are the issue, I don't know.
    True. On a dyno your not shifting gears.

    No its not TQ limits. I have no problems with the nitrous at lower boost levels and the N20 puts out a massive amount of TQ.

    It would be nice if I had the option to install a set of reasonably priced colder plugs or upgrade the coil packs to something more powerful, but nothing is available.

    I made 4 hard passes in the last two days with the higher boost pulley and can't get it to cut fuel. Whatever the problem is its very random which makes it diffcult to troubleshoot.
    09 Alpine White E92 M-DCT / ESS VT2 Supercharger w/ NITROUS / Borla Race Exhaust
    10.87 @ 131 mph in the 1/4 Mile
    60-130 MPH in 6.23 secs (Nitrous)
    60-130 MPH in 6.87 secs (Boost only @ 7.5psi)

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,422
    Rep Points
    32,103.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mikewads Click here to enlarge
    It would be nice if I had the option to install a set of reasonably priced colder plugs or upgrade the coil packs to something more powerful, but nothing is available.
    There are colder plugs available, some are just very expensive. AA does source colder plugs for their kit.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mikewads Click here to enlarge
    I made 4 hard passes in the last two days with the higher boost pulley and can't get it to cut fuel. Whatever the problem is its very random which makes it diffcult to troubleshoot.
    Hmm, that is weird and not sure what it could be. With it being inconsistent like that it will be tough to pin down.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    134
    Rep Points
    193.2
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I had a similar problem , in my case the problems had something to do with the o2 sensors after removing the cats, Ess did some adjustments and havent had any problems after that

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,422
    Rep Points
    32,103.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Pea Click here to enlarge
    I had a similar problem , in my case the problems had something to do with the o2 sensors after removing the cats, Ess did some adjustments and havent had any problems after that
    Thanks Pea, so the issue was in adjusting the tune? Don't see why Mikewads would not get those same adjustments.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    130
    Rep Points
    215.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Pea Click here to enlarge
    I had a similar problem , in my case the problems had something to do with the o2 sensors after removing the cats, Ess did some adjustments and havent had any problems after that
    I had the problem with the Akra exhaust (with cats) and now with the Borla exhaust (no cats).
    09 Alpine White E92 M-DCT / ESS VT2 Supercharger w/ NITROUS / Borla Race Exhaust
    10.87 @ 131 mph in the 1/4 Mile
    60-130 MPH in 6.23 secs (Nitrous)
    60-130 MPH in 6.87 secs (Boost only @ 7.5psi)

  20. #70
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    14
    Rep Points
    34.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •