Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Your lpfp is struggling but it not that bad. If you only want to run max is e60, the inline update should be plenty for your need. I will upload the logs when I get home. My work computer doesn't like datazapp website.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by babuski Click here to enlarge
    Your lpfp is struggling but it not that bad.
    I'm not so sure I agree with that. Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by babuski Click here to enlarge
    If you only want to run max is e60, the inline update should be plenty for your need.
    I do agree with that though....The inline pump is sufficient for anybody running a stock HPFP unless they have some other type of secondary fueling they are supplying and making fairly big numbers.

Steve
    Click here to enlarge
    Click on the banner to visit our store...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SteveAZ Click here to enlarge

Steve
    lol..thanks steve. When I said that it is not that bad. I mean it not so bad that he has to replace his OEM lpfp. He only need to add the inline then he will be set to go.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is it normal for the stage 2 pump to be around 50 psi at idle? A buddy of mine just installed his today and wanted me to ask. Usually the pressures are 70-80 at idle so we are somewhat concerned. He's working on his car right now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes, I actually spoke with Chad about this a little while ago. He was running his 255 inline kit prior to this installation and when switching from the stock pump with an inline setup, to a single 450 setup, I have seen the pressures at idle and light cruise do this. I actually did a lot of troubleshooting when I saw this same thing happen to me a little over a year ago when making the same change only to find it was fine. I believe it is because the DME has learned the behavior of the inline setup (PWM requirements) and is now applying it to the new setup. Given that the pressures look fine at WOT, I would not be concerned with this and it may learn up. The other option would be to reset adaptations via his BT cable, but this can cause other complications (adaptions with throttle, afrs, trims...)so I try to avoid that.

Steve
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Yes, I actually spoke with Chad about this a little while ago. He was running his 255 inline kit prior to this installation and when switching from the stock pump with an inline setup, to a single 450 setup, I have seen the pressures at idle and light cruise do this. I actually did a lot of troubleshooting when I saw this same thing happen to me a little over a year ago when making the same change only to find it was fine. I believe it is because the DME has learned the behavior of the inline setup (PWM requirements) and is now applying it to the new setup. Given that the pressures look fine at WOT, I would not be concerned with this and it may learn up. The other option would be to reset adaptations via his BT cable, but this can cause other complications (adaptions with throttle, afrs, trims...)so I try to avoid that.

Steve

Thanks Steve! He told me he got a hold of you. Gotta give it up to Steve for his great customer support.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No problem....and thanks! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks like you've got a pretty good understanding of what's going on. Click here to enlarge

LPFP was definitely struggling, but it didn't bring your HPFP down with it which is kind of surprising as those LPFP values get pretty low. Your STFTs do need to be adjusted, especially if you plan on running E60. Once you adjust those, your LTFTs will completely flatline at zero although they don't look bad now. Timing looks good, I'm guessing no Alpina flash? Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for taking a look and commenting, Steve. How would you suggest I adjust my STFTs? This was my main issue for many months as STFTs were maxing out at 34 over a wide rpm range, 3000-5000, especially in cold weather. Multiple lean codes everytime. P29e0, 029e1 I then I changed to 93 octane to help figure it out. Still 34s. Smoke tested inlet and exhaust - all tight. Then it got warm outside and, voila!, STFTs maxing out in low 20s. Any suggestions? Could it be temperature related?

BTW, I do have Alpina TCU flash. I didn't know Alpina TCU flash pulled timing 3-4???
    2008 E90 335xi AT 57K MILES
    MHD CUSTOM E50, N20 TMAP, FUEL-IT STG 2 LPFP, cPE CHARGE PIPE, HELIX IC, FORGE DV, BMS DCI, BMS T-STAT DELETE, BMS OCC, RB PCV, KW-V1 COILOVERS, APEX ARC-8, 235/265 MICHELIN PSS, ALPINA B3 TCU, SCOOPS
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Click here to enlarge

I do agree with that though....The inline pump is sufficient for anybody running a stock HPFP unless they have some other type of secondary fueling they are supplying and making fairly big numbers.

Steve
    Steve, I have the impression that the inline pump is a trickier and messier install. I heard stories of fuel lines popping off and people getting stranded. For this reason I'm thinking of getting a new 450 in a new bucket. Plus I have an upgrade path to the VTT shotgun!
    MHD CUSTOM E50, N20 TMAP, FUEL-IT STG 2 LPFP, cPE CHARGE PIPE, HELIX IC, FORGE DV, BMS DCI, BMS T-STAT DELETE, BMS OCC, RB PCV, KW-V1 COILOVERS, APEX ARC-8, 235/265 MICHELIN PSS, ALPINA B3 TCU, SCOOPS
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sounds like your adaptions may have needed reset and the temperature change reduced the demand and got the DME back on track. Do you have any of those old logs? I'd be curious to see if they showed the diverging LTFTs and STFTs.

Since the DME seems to have regained control, I'd adjust my scalar a bit. What is it at now? Are you using a 3D scalar?

As for fuel lines popping off....all of my kits use factory style fittings for their connections to the LPFP. This minimizes unnecessary fittings and surge potential at those fittings. That is why the 450 kit was designed the way it was.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sounds like your adaptions may have needed reset and the temperature change reduced the demand and got the DME back on track. Do you have any of those old logs? I'd be curious to see if they showed the diverging LTFTs and STFTs.
    Steve, here's an old log on 93 octane in 60F weather. Fuel pumps are fine. STFT going to 34 fast, LTFTS going to zero.

http://www.datazap.me/u/jeffman/ptf0...2&zoom=103-262

Since the DME seems to have regained control, I'd adjust my scalar a bit. What is it at now? Are you using a 3D scalar?
    The PTF tunes I use are locked. Jake and company have adjusted the scalars several times. I don't know whether 3D or not.

As for fuel lines popping off....all of my kits use factory style fittings for their connections to the LPFP. This minimizes unnecessary fittings and surge potential at those fittings. That is why the 450 kit was designed the way it was.
    Great!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hmm,...well it seems like I see or hear something new almost daily. Click here to enlarge Typically when we see that and the scalars are adjusted correctly, the LTFTs go way negative.

Now that your STFTs seem to be responding, I'd be curious to see if you could adjust them with your scalar values. You could always fill up with e30 or so and load a Cobb OTS E30 map as a test. It'd be a quick test that wouldn't require anyone to change any scalars or anything of that sort.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Loading the Cobb E30 OTS is an interesting idea...but I am "1+...almost FBO"...FMIC+DVI, but I still have my stock DPs, and the Cobb E30 OTS "requires" DP. Any harm in giving it a try?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No, for a couple 3rd gear logs to trouble shoot, you're fine.
    Last edited by SteveAZ; 07-15-2014 at 03:43 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks again, Steve. Of course, the only E85 pump within 15 miles of me this morning was out of order. Hopefully it'll be fixed later today.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Steve
    Thanks again Steve! The Stage 2 kit is a much cleaner set up than my DIY inline set up. The idle pressure is about 50 psi which is enough to send off some alarms for anyone used to monitoring FP_L with the JB4; however, under load the pressure ramps up nicely and I have had no issues, codes. Trims and HPFP numbers seem inline as well. I had the inline set up running about 8 months so I am sure there is some adaptation to the higher voltage demand of 2 pumps vs the single 450. I will continue to monitor.
    E92 335is DCT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Musc, your feedback about the clean install of Steve's Stage 2 LPFP is really important to me. +1!
    For me, clean installs are quality installs.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TVPhoto Click here to enlarge
    You run 100%? with stock HPFP?
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jeffman Click here to enlarge
    ^ this....that's my question, too. Can you run 100% E85 just with Steve's Walbro 450 and stock HPFP???
    Decided to log two more 3rd gear runs tonight. Again this is OTS COBB E30 map with Fuel Scalar adjusted to run true E85 (not E30). Rest of the car is stock.

http://datazap.me/u/euro92/steveaz-l...=1-17-18-21-22
    http://datazap.me/u/euro92/steveaz-l...-21&solo=21-22

I haven't had time to mess around with the fuel trims but I'm open to suggestions on how to even them out (LTFT goes negative while STFT goes positive...)
    Last edited by euro92; 07-16-2014 at 05:29 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do you have the ability to reset your adaptions with an INPA or a BT cable? If not, I know there are a few of you guys up in Vegas, maybe another member could help you out?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jeffman Click here to enlarge
    Musc, your feedback about the clean install of Steve's Stage 2 LPFP is really important to me. +1!
    For me, clean installs are quality installs.
    No prob. It literally looks like a stock unit sitting there just the pump inside is much better E85 certified 450.
    E92 335is DCT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^ This is exactly why I'm going to install Steve's Stage 2 LPFP. I may even get me a set of VRSF kittyless downpipes. Then I'll be able to pee in the tall grass with the big boys! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do you have the ability to reset your adaptions with an INPA or a BT cable? If not, I know there are a few of you guys up in Vegas, maybe another member could help you out?
    Did 2 more runs tonight after resetting all adaptations (F6) via INPA per crypticc (Original Post).
    http://datazap.me/u/euro92/reset-ada...g=0&data=17-18
    http://datazap.me/u/euro92/reset-ada...g=1&data=17-18

LTFT seems to have balanced out but I'll check again in a month. Thanks for the tip Steve.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12