Close

Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    905
    Rep Points
    795.7
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No

    Question Post Shift WGDC %

    I've tried increasing WGDC base, Adder, and Ceiling and to no avail post shift WGDC always drops to 39%. I am trying get post shift WGDC % to atleast 42% Click here to enlarge

    Any suggestions ?


    Click here to enlarge

    http://datazap.me/u/buraq/v901?log=0...18&zoom=34-143

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    517
    Rep Points
    637.4
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Looks like the Differential component of the boost control doing it's job properly. Your boost curve looks great. You would probably get a boost spike without the WGDC dropping like it is now.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,653
    Rep Points
    2,703.4
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Yes Reputation No
    Honestly that boost curve is clean as hell man...what's the issue here?
    E88 N54 w stuff
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    portland
    Posts
    119
    Rep Points
    489.3
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    i checked mine and wgdc barley drops on shift is this only a AT thing ?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    905
    Rep Points
    795.7
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bradsm87 Click here to enlarge
    Looks like the Differential component of the boost control doing it's job properly. Your boost curve looks great. You would probably get a boost spike without the WGDC dropping like it is now.
    I thought about that, I was trying to see how much more I could improve timing recovery at post shifts. So far I have been able to keep it from droping into the negative most of the time

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    Honestly that boost curve is clean as hell man...what's the issue here?
    Was trying to see if I could improve post shift timing even more "IF" I could get post shift to drop to 41-42% instead of 39.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    517
    Rep Points
    637.4
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    A higher WGDC will cause a boost spike, being more likely for a timing drop to occur.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    905
    Rep Points
    795.7
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bradsm87 Click here to enlarge
    A higher WGDC will cause a boost spike, being more likely for a timing drop to occur.
    I went back and dug up an old premature log from PTF when they had protuned my car and the WGDC % is much high than the goal I am trying to achieve and their is no boost spikes

    Click here to enlarge
    http://datazap.me/u/buraq/ptf-e50-il...19&zoom=58-198

    When everything is healthy timing seems to follow WGDC %, I mean thats how it appears on both a Protuned and Selftuned log.

    The only thing I havent revisited is the P-Factor on this issue....

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    68
    Rep Points
    144.5
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    I went back and dug up an old premature log from PTF when they had protuned my car and the WGDC % is much high than the goal I am trying to achieve and their is no boost spikes

    Click here to enlarge
    http://datazap.me/u/buraq/ptf-e50-il...19&zoom=58-198


    When everything is healthy timing seems to follow WGDC %, I mean thats how it appears on both a Protuned and Selftuned log.

    The only thing I havent revisited is the P-Factor on this issue....
    LOOKS CLEAN!! I just uploaded a long pull on data zap. Thoughts on my e30 Wedge flash?

    http://datazap.me/u/mdyates1/jb4wedg...4-5-6-10-11-17
    Instagram: mattyates85
    FB: Matt Yates

    2013 335iS DCT, Alpine/Saddle

    Only JB4/Flash, BMS DP's/DCI/Walbro inline


    Best e/t: 11.57 @120 mph

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    905
    Rep Points
    795.7
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by myates Click here to enlarge
    LOOKS CLEAN!! I just uploaded a long pull on data zap. Thoughts on my e30 Wedge flash?

    http://datazap.me/u/mdyates1/jb4wedg...4-5-6-10-11-17
    Whats up bro...and thanks

    Your fuel trims need major improvements,

    WGDC is pretty much idle/clamped between 48%-50% as RPMs climb, they need to progressively open as the RPM climb or else your going to suffer major timing pulls/reduction and will hurt your top end. So WGDC needs an overhaul

    From the looks of it he is not working off of the 335is stock PID tables but using non IS PID tables for the tuning, IMO.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    68
    Rep Points
    144.5
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    Whats up bro...and thanks

    Your fuel trims need major improvements,

    WGDC is pretty much idle/clamped between 48%-50% as RPMs climb, they need to progressively open as the RPM climb or else your going to suffer major timing pulls/reduction and will hurt your top end. So WGDC needs an overhaul

    From the looks of it he is not working off of the 335is stock PID tables but using non IS PID tables for the tuning, IMO.

    I agree completely. Switching to a 15 degree advance e50 flash tonight. I think the logs will exasperate fueling concerns and may be easier to identify for Wedge. Sorry to hijack your thread!
    Instagram: mattyates85
    FB: Matt Yates

    2013 335iS DCT, Alpine/Saddle

    Only JB4/Flash, BMS DP's/DCI/Walbro inline


    Best e/t: 11.57 @120 mph

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    25
    Rep Points
    23.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    Whats up bro...and thanks

    Your fuel trims need major improvements,

    WGDC is pretty much idle/clamped between 48%-50% as RPMs climb, they need to progressively open as the RPM climb or else your going to suffer major timing pulls/reduction and will hurt your top end. So WGDC needs an overhaul

    From the looks of it he is not working off of the 335is stock PID tables but using non IS PID tables for the tuning, IMO.
    Based on the logs, I'm pretty sure that myates is stacking his JB4 with Wedge's flash. So it isn't the flash that is controlling WGDC%, but the JB4 since it is controlling boost. The fuel trims are likely high because I'm guessing that myates is running more than E30 (which is what the flash he was running was designed for). He really needs to be running a flash that is designed for the amount of ethanol he is running.


    I'm still not understanding your conclusion that WGDC% is directly related to timing or lack there of. WGDC% directly affects how open the wastegates are and affects boost. Can you explain a bit more on how you think WGDC% affects your timing?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    905
    Rep Points
    795.7
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DesertDude Click here to enlarge
    Based on the logs, I'm pretty sure that myates is stacking his JB4 with Wedge's flash. So it isn't the flash that is controlling WGDC%, but the JB4 since it is controlling boost. The fuel trims are likely high because I'm guessing that myates is running more than E30 (which is what the flash he was running was designed for). He really needs to be running a flash that is designed for the amount of ethanol he is running.
    The first thing that caught my attention in doubt it was the JB4 running was the WGDC. I have never seen WGDC perform like that in a JB4 log. I took it that the JB4 was in bypass or map 0 being used for data logging only. @myates may have to clarify


    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DesertDude Click here to enlarge
    I'm still not understanding your conclusion that WGDC% is directly related to timing or lack there of. WGDC% directly affects how open the wastegates are and affects boost. Can you explain a bit more on how you think WGDC% affects your timing?
    There is some sort of influence involved, not a direct relation as there are many other tables involved that have an influence also on timing based on what I have "observed" and experimented with. Fuel and target are not the only supliments that dictate timing results

    If WGDC does not open fast enough or if it closes to much during WOT with the climb of RPMs in the top end timing starts to get pulled

    Look at myates log of his last gear when his timing starts to go down hill when WGDC stops being progressive and starts to close

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Points
    2,896.3
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by myates Click here to enlarge
    I agree completely. Switching to a 15 degree advance e50 flash tonight. I think the logs will exasperate fueling concerns and may be easier to identify for Wedge. Sorry to hijack your thread!
    Yeah! Throw some more timing at it. That will fix it....

    I really dont get why people are still running wedges flash... Its garbage.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

    Click here to enlarge

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    504
    Rep Points
    825.9
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Yeah! Throw some more timing at it. That will fix it....

    I really dont get why people are still running wedges flash... Its garbage.
    Agreed, but hey whatever floats their boat.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    144
    Rep Points
    297.6
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    I really dont get why people are still running wedges flash... Its garbage.
    Care to elaborate please?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Points
    2,896.3
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Artial Click here to enlarge
    Care to elaborate please?
    The guy just throws 15* of timing at anything lol. Not exactly magic happening there... The piggyback does all the work. He's enabling people to play russian roullete with their N54, caveat emptor fellas.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

    Click here to enlarge

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,653
    Rep Points
    2,703.4
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Yeah! Throw some more timing at it. That will fix it....
    Lololololol

    Ya myates i would not try to ID problems by adding more advance to the equation. That is...dangerous.
    E88 N54 w stuff
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    68
    Rep Points
    144.5
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    Lololololol

    Ya myates i would not try to ID problems by adding more advance to the equation. That is...dangerous.
    @BuraQ 's observation's are noted and shared with Terry/Wedge.

    Looking at logs, there is nothing indicative that Wedge's flash is dangerous on my setup.

    The log I shared was right after two other logs and was a very long pull in the heat of the day. I communicate with Terry and Wedge to make applicable changes. I did say that I tend to agree with @BuraQ on WGDC and trims, etc. HOWEVER, I have JB4, setting 4/2 as a precaution monitoring everything and failsafe's in place.
    Instagram: mattyates85
    FB: Matt Yates

    2013 335iS DCT, Alpine/Saddle

    Only JB4/Flash, BMS DP's/DCI/Walbro inline


    Best e/t: 11.57 @120 mph

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,653
    Rep Points
    2,703.4
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by myates Click here to enlarge
    @BuraQ 's observation's are noted and shared with Terry/Wedge.

    Looking at logs, there is nothing indicative that Wedge's flash is dangerous on my setup.

    The log I shared was right after two other logs and was a very long pull in the heat of the day. I communicate with Terry and Wedge to make applicable changes. I did say that I tend to agree with @BuraQ on WGDC and trims, etc. HOWEVER, I have JB4, setting 4/2 as a precaution monitoring everything and failsafe's in place.
    I didn't say his flash was inherently dangerous. Perhaps your car loves it. But as a general matter you shouldn't look to advance as a means of figuring out a tuning problem.

    Edit: On a stock fuel pump?
    E88 N54 w stuff
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    68
    Rep Points
    144.5
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    I didn't say his flash was inherently dangerous. Perhaps your car loves it. But as a general matter you shouldn't look to advance as a means of figuring out a tuning problem.

    Edit: On a stock fuel pump?

    Agree with that. I have stock LP and HP FP, however have the Walbro inline
    Instagram: mattyates85
    FB: Matt Yates

    2013 335iS DCT, Alpine/Saddle

    Only JB4/Flash, BMS DP's/DCI/Walbro inline


    Best e/t: 11.57 @120 mph

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •